Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Colleague- possible charity scammer

Sometimes people give me a ten or twenty pounds for the Phone credit group. I IMMEDIATELY go and buy the voucher and send the giver a photo of it so there is no doubt where their money went.

If you’re accepting money on behalf of a charity there should be total errr... I can’t remember the word but you know what I mean!

Sometimes people give me a ten or twenty pounds for the Phone credit group. I IMMEDIATELY go and buy the voucher and send the giver a photo of it so there is no doubt where their money went.

If you’re accepting money on behalf of a charity there should be total errr... I can’t remember the word but you know what I mean!
Accountability? Transparency?

By phone credit group, do you mean Phone Credit for Refugees or is this a different thing?

**NEWSFLASH**

I think she thinks she's found a loophole.

She's calling it a "free raffle". The catch being she says if you make a contribution to her charity box you get a free raffle ticket :facepalm:

The prize is a little wicker basket full of miniature beauty products. Real budget hotel free shit.

I won't say anything to management but I hope they pull her up.

That's a massive red neon flag that no-one can avoid noticing, surely. Also, is she that lacking in awareness of just how obviously dodgy it looks? :confused:

Transparancy!!!! That’s the word I was looking for!

Yes, phone credit for refugees. :)
I put a "Change for Good" jar in our office for people to add their loose change for those guys. A fiver I put in there* went missing so I removed it to my drawer. It's still there :facepalm:

I'm not corrupt, just incompetent :( :oops:
That's a massive red neon flag that no-one can avoid noticing, surely. Also, is she that lacking in awareness of just how obviously dodgy it looks? :confused:
Evidence would suggest so.

*it was quiz winnings, so it's not like it was out my own pocket ;)

Last edited:
That’s why I always buy the voucher immediately. I’m so scatty that if I didn’t, I’d find the money in my pocket a few weeks later and have no idea what it was for.

I’m one of the admins so obviously I have to be beyond reproach!

I didn't even realise you were supposed to buy vouchers! I just thought you donated the money and then they did the rest! :oops: :D

Yes! That’s what happens. :) Or you can buy a Three voucher and pm one of us the code. But sometimes people will give me money directly as a donation.

Thank you for having a collection for us. That was very kind!

Yes! That’s what happens. :) Or you can buy a Three voucher and pm one of us the code. But sometimes people will give me money directly as a donation.

Thank you for having a collection for us. That was very kind!

Ohhhhhhh! Sorry, the penny's only just dropped you're actually part of the group, rather than just donating to it :facepalm: :D :oops:

Well, at this stage it's only kind intent; I haven't actually donated it yet :hmm: ;)

<edit:
It would be nice if he actually handed the money over. :hmm:
Exactly :D >

UPDATE

She made motions last week to do some kind of raffle. Her boss printed out the rules which said she needs an audit trail and second counter. Do it in her own time etc.

So she's decided not to do it :hmm:
R-1290681-1206858280.jpeg.jpg
iu
dodgems.jpg
iu

**NEWSFLASH**

She's calling it a "free raffle". The catch being she says if you make a contribution to her charity box you get a free raffle ticket :facepalm:

The prize is a little wicker basket full of miniature beauty products. Real budget hotel free shit.

Everybody should donate 1 penny.

**NEWSFLASH**

She's absolutley fucking shameless!

Has she said where the money from this charity box is going? How is it a loophole? Surely she still needs a second counter etc. as she's collecting money from her colleagues? Surely she still has to say where the cash is going?

Really intrigued as to how this new venture will go, actually. Will people go along with it? Will they make some subtle gestures to the new rules, or even outright say "nah, do it the right way or we're not donating".

Seriously, someone needs to do a proper thing, following the new rules. I mean, for one it's just good to do charity stuff, but it'll also force the contrast/comparison with her work, and undermine the association with charity collections she has built up.

Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaase!

**NEWSFLASH**

Quite funny she's basically gone 'fuck you/hold my beer' to the HR/management dept.:D

Anyone else starting to warm to her?:hmm:

**NEWSFLASH**

I'm surprised the ERG haven't poached her to come up with an alternative to the backstop.

Back
Top Bottom