Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chrissy Murderbot's Year Of Mixtapes

I've been working my way through this site -its really quite an impressive project. I'm also finding it very educational - all these genres I've heard mentioned but never really knew exactly what they were, or what the history was.

And the recent dancehall mix is fantastic, exactly the sort of dancehall stuff I love. Thanks for posting. :)

Is aces, eh?

I keep thinking I have a favourite year/month (the ragga, jungle and rave were all close contenders) but then the next one comes out and I'm all over that one! :D

Oddly, I'm not really a fan of dance pop (the latest one) given how much I like pop music and shit, poppy hip hop and RnB :)o) but I even love this mixtape.

Go Mr Murderbot :cool:

I've been working my way through that blog since you posted a link to it in the other thread. Cheers.

Currently listening to this bleep mix.

This is a very good thing. I am listening to it again now.

If anyone has any good suggestions as to appropriate sources for similar bleepy stuff I would be grateful.

This is a very good thing. I am listening to it again now.

If anyone has any good suggestions as to appropriate sources for similar bleepy stuff I would be grateful.

There was a thread on it very recently (in the last week or two I think). It wasn't something that lasted very long as far as I know - those early Warp records are the classics of that genre and some of them are on that mix anyway.

Yeah, that was linked from the part 1, but it's not really very good IMO. Certainly not bleepy.

I'm *sure* I have the original Blech tape I had, in MP3 - it just seems to have vanished from my iTunes.

Oh smart, thank you! I'm sure I downloaded it at some point but I just can't find it now. :hmm:

That tape was absolutely seminal in my musical development, and unlike some other things I only got it by accident because it was on the cover of Muziq or something.

edit: Seems to already be here - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B4OV46KA, maybe at lower bitrate though

Right - the parts 1 and 2 you uploaded are definitely different from the link I posted, in total they're about 25m longer... there are parts I don't recognise in them there too. Iiinteresting (and thanks for going to the trouble!)

they're well mixed, he just moves on a little too quickly for my tastes. i guess he's trying to fit as much as he can in.

Back
Top Bottom