Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

China Eastern 737 (flight MU5735) crashes in Guangxi, 21/03/2022

132 passengers. Crashed near Wuzhou west of Guangzhou. Travelling Kunming (Yunnan capital) to Guangzhou.

Keeping this OP sparse as obviously it's a developing situation, but this is in a hilly area and reports include major fire, feared no survivors.

Saw the news on this earlier and wondered if this was a controlled flight into terrain (given the mention of hilly / mountainous area) , but some of the videos released look as if it’s gone straight in nearly vertically. Hope they get to understand what happened asap.

Heard breaking news from Mrs W at tea just. Was just reading up about the terrain and it seems to be hilly more than mountainous but not really familiar with that part of Guangxi.

The video's insane.

And as a minor aside, why the hell was anyone filming the sky from their window randomly like that?

The video's insane.

And as a minor aside, why the hell was anyone filming the sky from their window randomly like that?

At a guess probably heard / saw something and then got the phone out, not unusual behaviour nowadays.

The video's insane.

The pilot would have been trying everything possible to pull it out of the dive, so the engines would have been quite loud for at least two minutes before the crash.

132 passengers. Crashed near Wuzhou west of Guangzhou. Travelling Kunming (Yunnan capital) to Guangzhou.

Keeping this OP sparse as obviously it's a developing situation, but this is in a hilly area and reports include major fire, feared no survivors.

Could you pop the date in the thread title pls

The video's insane.

I don't usually click Mail links but I have a thing about plane crashes. That is some full on scary shit.

No sign of black box yet. Heavy rain means wide area search on hold. Declared no survivors yesterday, presume that was just balance of probabilities.
Read victims include six people from same family who were heading back to hometown for a funeral :(

Some reports suggest it is the Cockpit Voice Recorder. Images clearly show only the crash survivable memory unit being recovered.

Murder/suicide or a catastrophic failure of the flight control surfaces seem the more plausible causes, but I am not aware of the latter being an issue with the 737 NG.

Last edited:
Flightradar24 has published a '3D' visualisaiton of the final stages of the flight. A brutal dive, and I suspect some massive G-forces were at play at various points...

MU5735-Descent-Profile.jpg

Murder/suicide or a catastrophic failure of the flight control surfaces seem the more plausible causes, but I am not aware of the latter being an issue with the 737 NG.
Doesn't have to be a known issue could be down to poor/faulty maintenance. :(

Flightradar24 has published a '3D' visualisaiton of the final stages of the flight. A brutal dive, and I suspect some massive G-forces were at play at various points...

MU5735-Descent-Profile.jpg

How the pilot managed to pull that up a bit at 7425 ft mark after a drop of 20000 ft is unreal.

Back
Top Bottom