Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

chilean miners - big up, nuff respect..

Minnie - you could get D'Onofrio to play the part of a drill and get him to eat the set, which is what he usually does anyway.

I was going to have Powers Booth as one of the men on top because one of the men on top reminded me of him, but he's aged a bit :(

I was also going to have Brian Dennehy as one of the men on top. That's still a possibility

Minnie - you could get D'Onofrio to play the part of a drill and get him to eat the set, which is what he usually does anyway.

:eek: and another :eek:...that is cruel kyser, cruel! :D

Mind you I was watching him in "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" last night and he has been at the pies a bit...and I speak as one who likes the pies herself! Though he wasn't so much eating the scenery last night as frowning it into submission.....I still like him though. And would marry him :oops:

I haven't been keeping up; why is the name of the capsule in English and why have they misspelt 'Penis'?

Oh, and why is Roman Polanski the Minister for Mining? (or is it Minors?)

Can we have Javier Bardem as one of the miners please as I would like to see him without his shirt off, a lot.

Tbh they should just remake "Armegeddon" but with a mine rather than an asteroid.

Can we have Javier Bardem as one of the miners please as I would like to see him without his shirt off, a lot.

Tbh they should just remake "Armegeddon" but with a mine rather than an asteroid.

He'd just get an air compressor thing and kill everyone in the mine tho.

You'd need one of the miners to say something along the lines of, "This is my last shift in this hellhole. Me & my sweetheart are heading off to [somewhere] to start a new life," quite near the beginning, too.

"Hey, Einstein, put away those textbooks - break's over!"

"Aww, heck, Antonio, why do you always have to bust my balls? You know I'm only working here to put myself through Astronomy School because my family can't afford to send me since the rockfall that injured my dad when I was in grade school. Kind of ironic, isn't it? I end up being a miner like him when all I want to do is look at the stars. If I didn't get to see the constellations every night, I don't know how I'd keep sane..."

He'd just get an air compressor thing and kill everyone in the mine tho.

You have got your sub-plot right there - someone, possibly Bruce Willis, will have to persue him through the tunnels.... the ones that obviously didn't collapse in the first place... in order to stop Javier while sacrificing himself in the process. Wearing very little. Er...actually I don't want to see Bruce Willis wearing very little...mmm...Sam Worthington, I know he's Australian but if he can be a terminator he can pass as Chilean I'm sure!

What about hunk-o-the-month, Hugeakman?

Ooh yeah...and he sings. He could be the miner who sings to keep all their spirits up. Or just turn it into a full scale old style Hollywood musical :cool:

I'd like to see Max Von Sydow in it as well, just because I like him. He could either be one of the evil mine owners, as he does a good line in venal, or a priest.

We need someone as the young and idealistic good guy in the mining corporation who conspires with the beautiful daughter of one of the miners to leak information to the press about why the mining company's initial claim the miners were all killed in the initial rockfall are all dead is false. He - because it is always he - will have to overthrow the evil, corrupt old head of the mining company after the miners are rescued and announce a new policy at the moment to make the company's mines the safest in the world, and to start funding construction of a new building for the school at which the beautiful daughter teachers - she went away to the big city and got an education and could have been a ballet dancer, but she wanted to go back to her hometown and make a difference.

president of chile live on the news now saying theres going to be a crackdown on poor working conditions in all traditionally dangerous industries in chile - mining, transport, fishing etc.

president of chile is visitng britain next week. i presume he is going to hold a joint press conference with cameron at some point, would be interesting if a journalist asked a question comparing the president of chiles comments on health and safety in the work place and traditional tory ideas on this subject

http://www.safetycor.co.uk/goto/dne...sh_surprise_health_and_safety_inspections,34/

Roseanne Barr as 'The Mistress'

chile_1707419c.jpg

080910_oreilly_pinheads_FNC_080910_20-59.jpg

Christ. Both just scream: "I'm getting right back down in the hole..."

Gonna have to do a re-think on this this whole Chilean miner mistress thingy...

You what?

Whilst I realise that women are, in fact, only worthy of life if they look like a Hollywood starlet - and frankly it would be better if the fat and ugly ones were just killed at puberty, or if they put on weight after having kids or let themselves go in later life - that kind of misogyny just ain't acceptable around here. I know, terrible isn't it. You have to fuck off to the D*ily M*il forums or St*rrmfr*nt if you want to tell the truth on the internet. :(

Whilst I realise that women are, in fact, only worthy of life if they look like a Hollywood starlet - and frankly it would be better if the fat and ugly ones were just killed at puberty, or if they put on weight after having kids or let themselves go in later life - that kind of misogyny just ain't acceptable around here. I know, terrible isn't it. You have to fuck off to the D*ily M*il forums or St*rrmfr*nt if you want to tell the truth on the internet. :(

Was that a failed attempt at sharp witty humour, or just a bunch of rambling internet shit?

It was a request for you to keep your misogyny off these boards.

I don't know about the actual mistress, but enough is known about Roseann Barr's life [she makes no secret about it] that one can be pretty confident in saying that she'd probably make a real nightmare of a mistress. Saying that has nothing to do with misogyny, and everything to do with personality.

The only thing I'd say about the mistress, is that it takes a whole lot of stones to be the one to show up at the mine site, on international tv, and have a spat with the actual wife. Further than that, I can't really say what her personality is like.

I'm not sure that the weight of either woman is really a factor in this.

Shreddy can defend his own posts, thanks Johnny. He has chosen not to so far, preferring to comment on my poor comedic abilities.

Can you imagine someone posting up a picture of one of the miners and expressing pity for the wife or girlfriend who must surely be wishing he'd stayed underground? You have a fertile imagination, so perhaps I should clarify that I mean imagine it being a likely scenario? A boringly predictable occurrence?

Fucking hilarious.

I've just been 'outed' on U75 for going all "Henny Youngman" on Roseanne Barr. :facepalm: :D

Google "Henny Youngman" ymu. And look up "misogyny" while you're at it.

Can you imagine someone posting up a picture of one of the miners and expressing pity for the wife or girlfriend who must surely be wishing he'd stayed underground? You have a fertile imagination, so perhaps I should clarify that I mean imagine it being a likely scenario? A boringly predictable occurrence?

This part, I'm not understanding?

Back
Top Bottom