Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

chilean miners - big up, nuff respect..

twentythreedom

Patterdale Terrorist
R.I.P.
...hopefully they will start to bring them up tonight. those guys have been through an incedible ordeal, which is still far from over, and i just wanted to give props to them (staying true to the underground and all that ;) ). i can't even begin to really imagine what it would be like to go through such an experience.. mental. good luck and god speed, los 33!

Well, they didn't chose to be trapped underground all this time and they've had no choice but to deal with it but I do hope they all get out un harmed and get massive compo claims as well as shit loads of money by selling their stories to the media.

It's like Alive, combined with 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, only with less cannibalism and giant octopodes.

Therefore, if they add in cannibalism and giant octopodes, it's a guaranteed 5* winner of a film script.

I can't imagine anything nicer than racking up the overtime in a cosy shaft, without a single domestic duty to be performed, and with nutritious food winched down daily.

Well, they didn't chose to be trapped underground all this time and they've had no choice but to deal with it but I do hope they all get out un harmed and get massive compo claims as well as shit loads of money by selling their stories to the media.

I bet Hollywoods finest are on amber alert.Someones gonna make a fortune out of this.

I should think they will be at least paid for the time underground ,but you never know with greedy bosses

Well as mine shut it was claimed they wouldn't afford to pay them.:mad:I'd hate to to be the last one out of the mine probably be the longest 45minutes ever.

What I want to know is what they did with all the poo ....

I am guessing everyone down there knows where the 4' deep cumpuddle is n all.

I wonder if that'll make it into the film?

"Follow the smell."

I wonder what it'll fossilize into?

A pleasure for future generations to unearth.

Well as mine shut it was claimed they wouldn't afford to pay them.:mad:I'd hate to to be the last one out of the mine probably be the longest 45minutes ever.

Apparently some of them are quite keen to be the last one out as it would give them the Guinness world record of 'miner trapped underground for longest' (or something like that). Anyway, I'd imagine the last person out of the mine wouldn't be one of the trapped miners but the medic who will be sent down to them.

Assuming they are all safely recovered and survive the ordeal (and here's hoping they are and they do) I think they'll be set up for life regardless of whether the mine owners pay them anything. The media buying their stories, film rights, book rights... and they deserve every penny (or whatever they use in Chile) in my opinion.

I do wish people would stop declaring it a successful rescue operation until all 33 are back on the surface. So far it's been a successful media operation and a successful tunnelling operation.

Assuming they are all safely recovered and survive the ordeal (and here's hoping they are and they do) I think they'll be set up for life regardless of whether the mine owners pay them anything. The media buying their stories, film rights, book rights... and they deserve every penny (or whatever they use in Chile) in my opinion.

The history of people who suddenly come into large amounts of money, following a one-off incident, is rarely glorious.

Fingers crossed n all that. But IMO substantial and prolonged trauma followed by a one-off series of paychecks that're entirely outside of someone's life's experience and which are likely to tail off within the year isn't - again IMO - a recipe for lasting happiness. For the majority of folks, at least. But, yeah, fingers crossed.

The history of people who suddenly come into large amounts of money, following a one-off incident, is rarely glorious.

Fingers crossed n all that. But IMO substantial and prolonged trauma followed by a one-off series of paychecks that're entirely outside of someone's life's experience and which are likely to tail off within the year isn't - again IMO - a recipe for lasting happiness. For the majority of folks, at least. But, yeah, fingers crossed.

Point taken, and yes the international interest will probably die away after a year or so, after the film(s) have been made. But I'd have thought that in Chile they'll be national heroes for the rest of their lives.

I read in one of the papers they've all signed an agreement whereby they are to share equally all proceedings from any and all books and films produced based on their stories. Which is nice.

The word is, none of them is likely to need to work again for the rest of their lives. Good for them.

Point taken, and yes the international interest will probably die away after a year or so, after the film(s) have been made. But I'd have thought that in Chile they'll be national heroes for the rest of their lives.

Being a national hero thanks to having a very traumatic experience that people would sometimes quite like to completely forget, isn't always a 100% positive thing.

And it doesn't always come with an unlimited paycheck.

And people sometimes fall out of love with national heroes, who don't subsequently conform to ideals of national herohood. All the more so when the people concerned aren't particularly different from you and me, didn't aspire to herohood, did nothing in particular to gain their herohood status, and can't do a great deal to get rid of it.

In fact, they can be open to rather more scrutiny, loathing, contempt, envy, bitterness, and, well, all sorts of misplaced and projected sentiments (from the unbearably friendly to the homicidally hostile) than your average joe bloggs. Again, without - necessarily - any form of job security. Or preparation. Or ongoing support. Of any kind.

If the Chilean government follow the lead set by Wilson's government after Aberfan, they will be getting a bill for their rescue.

I read in one of the papers they've all signed an agreement whereby they are to share equally all proceedings from any and all books and films produced based on their stories. Which is nice.

The word is, none of them is likely to need to work again for the rest of their lives. Good for them.

I really hope that is the case.

BBC News are covering this live. The rescue pod is out of it's crate and they're about to attach a cable to it shortly. Due to go down about midnight GMT.

I wonder if coming back into the real world will actually be harder for them than being trapped down there for 2 months.

BBC News are covering this live. The rescue pod is out of it's crate and they're about to attach a cable to it shortly. Due to go down about midnight GMT.

And apparently one part of the apparatus is yellow and another part of it is white.

Rolling news is wank.

Why: because they survived a shitty accident, then got rescued?

Back
Top Bottom