Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City 2010-2011 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question, to Ed and the other Cardiff fans on here.

Are you going to cheer for your rivals Swansea in the final, because they are a Welsh team with a shot at the big time? Or is that unthinkable?

I won't be cheering them, I will be cheering Reading.

I don't want Swansea to be the first Welsh club in the Premiership, I want it to be us.

Grange End chanting 'you're getting sacked in the morning'. Bit unnecessary. Lets get some perspective, we were only 2-3 bad results away from automatic promotion.

I can't imagine many of them were around in the days of division 3. :facepalm::facepalm:

I will be cheering for Swansea. I have no emotional connection to Reading. I also agree with pauld as they were not unrealistic expectations...maybe in the past but not now. I agree that DJ has taken us a long way but something needs to change.

I also agree with pauld as they were not unrealistic expectations...maybe in the past but not now.

Why not now? What's really changed?

Just look at Sheffield Utd and Preseton this season. They've been up pushing for promotion for years, then suddenly relegated. I can't even remember the last time we faced a relegation battle.

Well, the new stadium, money injection, training facilities and of course our players. That's what's changed but I do appreciate that DJ does good with the money he has etc but I'm just fucked off that they seem to choke at the end of the season. Grr.

Still, we've got West ham next year! :)

My two clubs facing each other,I think I know wh will be leading out the teams that day already!

I'm probably out on my own here, but I'd stick with DJ. Isn't he one of - if not the - best manager of all time when it comes to performances?

And, more importantly, who are we going to get it if he goes? I don't see a long queue of top flight managers desperate to come to Cardiff.

I would too.
and, oh yeah, CB39 for Player/Manager

That's not bad call at all actually. He would certainly motivate.
We always start seasons well! It's the last month that's our problem. ;)

Just let DJ manage from August, relieve him of dutie in November after his annula October MoM award and then send him on his summer hols in March. Job done, automatic promotion beckons. I would seriously keep him in a director of fottball role and let him do what he does best, transfer dealings.

DJ might be off to West Ham. Sold his house already. Mate of Dai Sullivan as well.

I throw a name in the ring if DJ does go

Alan Curbishley

funnily enough I heard that Jones would be West Ham manager if he failed to get you up. Then again, I also heard that last year before they appointed Grant.

And I have also heard that Curbishley and Hughton are both the "front runners".

Confusing innit?

DJ might be off to West Ham. Sold his house already. Mate of Dai Sullivan as well.

Alan Curbishley

Na fuck of, we want a young hungry manager.

Bellamy is being talked up on city boards, wouldnt be surprised if it happened. Maybe with a director of football.

Unlike DJ, you could never question Bellamy's commitment or passion, although that doesn't always convert to a successful managerial role.

Alan Curbishley

If I had been cleared of sex abuse charges I'd be steering clear of having mates like Dai Sullivan!!:D

Imagine a Bellamy Di Canio dream team.....

Fucking hell.

I was talking about Bellers for Cardiff, but I'd certainly take a Bellers Di Canio partnership at either club, as I have a foot in each camp!!

You'd be scared shitless of having a bad game with those two waiting in the dressing room.

I was talking about Bellers for Cardiff, but I'd certainly take a Bellers Di Canio partnership at either club, as I have a foot in each camp!!

You'd be scared shitless of having a bad game with those two waiting in the dressing room.

You'd be scared shitless of turning up for training.

If Hudson and Bellers had been fit we would be at least in the final. Frankly I would play those 2, Super Kev, Whitts and that's it. Come on then Reading, we've got 4, what have you got? Just play 4 against 11, at least those 4 are prepared to work for it

Fucking supine shambles we were last night, bit of a quiet journey back.

That piss-up that Friday night tells you it all, that they thought it was OK to do that, and that they knew DJ would say or do (effectvely) nothing about it, bunch of cunts. Was Jay really one of them (I mean Bothroyd, not JLS). Was he really? Well fuck off to Sunderland/Fulham/Celtic/anywhere then

Ha I'm not taking it very well here, lads

Big rumours that the Malaysians have already offered Bellers a player/coach role, with a manager coming in to work along side. names being mentioned Di Matteo, but the one I'd love to see is Zola!!!!

You gotta love some of the posts on the city message boards. There are people posting that Dave Jones left a legacy of under achievement!!! Only of you started watching the year we reached the FA Cup final. Under Jones we have had our most sustained period of top of the table football since the late 60s early 70s, and an FA Cup final appearance, have appeared at the new Wembley 3 times-3 time more than Liverpool!!!. I am sure that there are plenty on here who never thought thye wouold see 5 years like tha lst 5, when thye were standing in the rain at Port Vale on a wet wednesday night drinking their Bovril, and I am sure I have done that within the last 7 or 8 years, so thanks DJ, time to go or move upstairs, but thanks for some bloody great years!

You gotta love some of the posts on the city message boards. There are people posting that Dave Jones left a legacy of under achievement!!!
Lol. Ten years ago, if someone had said to me that we'd be in the FA Cup Final, visit Wembley three times, and regularly be hammering on the door of the Premiership while playing in front of an average 23,000 crowd I'd assume they were on crack.

These truly have been our glory years compared to the last 50.

Lol. Ten years ago, if someone had said to me that we'd be in the FA Cup Final, visit Wembley three times, and regularly be hammering on the door of the Premiership while playing in front of an average 23,000 crowd I'd assume they were on crack.

All good things come to an end !

The point is though, that a city the size of Cardiff should really have a Premiership club. Anything less than that is under-achieving in the sense that it doesn't realize our potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom