Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City 2010-2011 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made a change from fucking union flags, anyway

How common is this at Swansea really? Is it a crap thing on the Jacks' part that's pretty much out of date now?

I've not been to many games at the Liberty but I've only once seen the Union Jack thing. Welsh flags, and a little while ago Spanish ones, were the ones I saw :confused: ..

WoW re your 2 questions, the return game was scheduled for Sat 5/2 so I assume it will be the Sunday see you there from my Armoured Personnel Carrier

Your question re the flags - if you mean how common is it, my dear boy it is very very common, even vulgar. If you mean how widespread is it, mate it is also widespread :)

They have always had them, I don't know if they bring them all out to make a point to us (and I am certainly not sure what that point is) but I could see at least 4 large ones in the home end today. My vantage poiint, basically under the main tv cameras, meant I could only see half the away end. They have always had it, Swansea Loyal union flags, red hand of Ulster flags, lots of stuff. I don't know if they are more proud to be British, less proud to be Welsh, more unionist (genuinely) or if it is just a wind-up

As I said just now on the match thread the whole Rangel-Monk-Williams-Scum back 4 axis was excelent, as was Sinclair, Orlandi, Allen (MoM from where I was sitting) and the diminutive thief. And Gower. Much better than us on the day, and we were poor due partly to some mystifying selections, some bad performances and oh well it doesn't really matter but I am putting my hands up and saying we got done

For anyone who with a pan-Wales take on things, the fact that the best away performance at our ground ever (only season two admittedly) has come from your adopted town is a good thing. Swansea are a tidy team, and we are very very good. 32 points for us from 15 translates to 96. Your 29 would be 87 which would mean a lot of Premier League fans getting a bit pissed off by a lot of sheepshaggers next season.

Don't get me wrong I am fucking gutted. But my best mate is a Jack, and I rang him straight after the game and told him well played

Fair dos. Great to read a fairminded reaction. Cardiff are a fucking good team normally, I was very surprised they didn't threaten much today.

The flags thing, yes mystifying, completely. Looks like I've not noticed it enough on the fairly infrequent Jack matches we've been to. Wrongness, totally :hmm: But to be (slightly) fair there are definitely a fair few Welsh flags too, I saw a well made one at the Leicester match 2 weeks ago with a Swan in place of a dragon. From an artistic point of view, that worked! As did the footy that time ...

Placid Casual said:
Sat 5/2 so I assume it will be the Sunday see you there from my Armoured Personnel Carrier

:D

Cheers for that date. See ya there then! :p

If you and your Jack mate go for a (discreet!) pint before or after the match we could join you :)

Oh aye in Wind Street :)

Nah mate I will (sadly) be in the bubble

I did once go to Swansea v Cardiff with him down the Vetch, sat in the upper East Stand and when John Williams scored (for us) I was half way up to the roof cheering when I realised there were 1000 Jacks about to kill me, I had to make out I was leaping in the air to slate the lineo and ref for a bad decision. I said it then and I'll say it now, never again

If you liked the Swan in place of a dragon on the Wales flag (which imho sounds an abomination of one of the world's most beautiful flags) you wouldve loved the large union flag in the away end today, in which the left side of the red horizontal bar mutates (get this) into a dragon's mouth and tongue cos it is get this half British and half Welsh)

It is really fucking horrible. By which I am only dissing that flag, not your vexillological taste. Apart from messing with our lovely flag, it was just too busy

If you liked the Swan in place of a dragon on the Wales flag (which imho sounds an abomination of one of the world's most beautiful flags) you wouldve loved the large union flag in the away end today, in which the left side of the red horizontal bar mutates (get this) into a dragon's mouth and tongue cos it is get this half British and half Welsh)

It is really fucking horrible. By which I am only dissing that flag, not your vexillological taste. Apart from messing with our lovely flag, it was just too busy

I'd never be seen dead with a Union Jack of any sort, so fair enough!

Don't support Swansea then

I don't, they're not my team. And I suggest you stop being a simplistic idiot.

I'm not defending Union Jackism where it happens, my only real point was that there's plenty of Welsh flags to be seen as well. Many more of them than Union ones as it happens, or at least that's been my impression based on pretty infrequent attendance.

You will never see a Union Jack at a football ground ever ever ever.Plenty of Union flags granted, but it should only be refered to as a Union Jack when flown form the Jack mast of a ship.

1927 I think you will find I did call it a union flag mate :)

Always used to make me chuckle that even in the Players' Bar at Ninian Park they wouldn't serve Jack Daniels, covering the offensive 4-letter word on the bottle with "Ray"

(note to people less sad than me: Ray Daniels, former CCFC player)

I'm not defending Union Jackism where it happens, my only real point was that there's plenty of Welsh flags to be seen as well. Many more of them than Union ones as it happens, or at least that's been my impression based on pretty infrequent attendance.
still no excuse! stop trying to excuse the hun wow ;)

1927 I think you will find I did call it a union flag mate :)

Always used to make me chuckle that even in the Players' Bar at Ninian Park they wouldn't serve Jack Daniels, covering the offensive 4-letter word on the bottle with "Ray"

(note to people less sad than me: Ray Daniels, former CCFC player)

WoW referred to them several times.

You will never see a Union Jack at a football ground ever ever ever.

What if I took a 'ship in a bottle' into a ground with the flag on the right mast?

In fact I think this actually happened in 1988 when Gary Neville wanted to show his brother his latest hobby.

What if I took a 'ship in a bottle' into a ground with the flag on the right mast?

In fact I think this actually happened in 1988 when Gary Neville wanted to show his brother his latest hobby.

You'd never get a bottle into the stadium. For everyone's info the United States fly a different flag from the Jack mast(being the one at the bow of the ship. The US jack is simply the blue square with the fifty white stars on.

Navy_Jack.jpg

I would so long as it was a plastic bottle with no lid.

Have you ever seen a ship in a plastic bottle without a lid? or was it this particular design that Gary Neville was hoping to introduce?

Don't think i have ever, ever, EVER seen a union jack (or what ever you want to call it) being flown by Cardiff fans. Always at least one with the jacks - have even seen red hand of ulster flags in the past. Some seriously dodgy characters down west.

i know, it's a bit weird that swansea's lot are so dodgy, especially when you think how lovely and fluffy your fans are

i know, it's a bit weird that swansea's lot are so dodgy, especially when you think how lovely and fluffy your fans are

:D

It's true dat, neither side are followed exclusively by angels after all. Plenty of sides have arseholes amongst their supporters, Cardiff not excluded. But as I said I'm not defending (at all) the kind of out and out dodginess Clint describesd either. Just asking for perspective -- we're talking about minorities.

CCFC vexillologically cane adopted Jack ;)

1927, you making Reading on Weds? Nearly 3000 City tickets sold, not bad!

I dunno how right wing some Swansea fans are and/or how much it is just bullshit or a front, in my work there is an ADO Den Haag fan (he is Dutch, not just weird) and he says Swansea are a bit full on (there is a big link between the clubs' fans, and I think de Vries was from Den Haag)

As I implied previously some of my very best mates are Swansea fans and with very few (but temporarily very scary!) exceptions their mates have always been fine when they met me. Apart from theone (a woman!) who regaled me for half an hour at a wedding (in Cardiff!) about how FACT Jones is ACTUALLY guilty of all he was accused of despite being totally acquited of all charges. She told me at length he only got off on a technicality. So some Swnasea fans are weird scumbags.

Bit like ALL Cardiff fans, eh Strung Out?!?

CCFC vexillologically cane adopted Jack ;)

1927, you making Reading on Weds? Nearly 3000 City tickets sold, not bad!

I dunno how right wing some Swansea fans are and/or how much it is just bullshit or a front, in my work there is an ADO Den Haag fan (he is Dutch, not just weird) and he says Swansea are a bit full on (there is a big link between the clubs' fans, and I think de Vries was from Den Haag)

As I implied previously some of my very best mates are Swansea fans and with very few (but temporarily very scary!) exceptions their mates have always been fine when they met me. Apart from theone (a woman!) who regaled me for half an hour at a wedding (in Cardiff!) about how FACT Jones is ACTUALLY guilty of all he was accused of despite being totally acquited of all charges. She told me at length he only got off on a technicality. So some Swnasea fans are weird scumbags.

Bit like ALL Cardiff fans, eh Strung Out?!?

Well to be fair he did only get off on a technicallity, the technicallity that the case was dropped!

Fuck me, if the latest rumour is true, I am going to come in my pants.

Rearrange the words january, Ramsay and loan and see what you get. I got a hard on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom