Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City 2010-2011 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I've got a ticket sorted now. Think Jay will be a big loss and it may be a draw. A win would be great though. Time for another goal from Bellers.

Looks like I've got a ticket sorted now. Think Jay will be a big loss and it may be a draw. A win would be great though. Time for another gal from Bellers.

Biffo, what's your current win ratio, as per us winning and your bum on a seat at the CCS

Biffo, what's your current win ratio, as per us winning and your bum on a seat at the CCS

I'd say about 70%+ mate. The rest have been draws except the 3-2 defeat v Leicester which became a win on penalties. The omens are good ;)

Realistic predicted scores for Sunday's Big Clash, folks?

I'm cautiously punting on 1-1.

We'll be heading to one of Swansea's more civilised pubs (ie not in the city centre/Wine St :eek: :( ) to watch the TV coverage ... corresponding match last time there were even a couple of semi undecover Cardiff fans, and the number of really bigtime Jack watchers was few ....

Its Wind street boy - not even a proper jack :rolleyes:

Its Wind street boy - not even a proper jack :rolleyes:

You've more than once insisted on this, but it's universally called 'Wine Street' by everyone local!

Your other earlier insistence that it's meant to be pronounced Wind as in Wind Up, is one ... and several real Jacks have confirmed this to me cos I asked.

I'd never claim to be a Jack though, I don't support Swansea (just fellow travel with my gf in that respect ;) ) and I was born in Camden NW1! I'll punt an Oxford United [League Two :oops: ] score prediction too if you want :p

Anyway yr score prediction Clint?

Everyone with an interest should take a predictive punt here .... :)

Just off to the Potters Wheel for a few. Not in Wine St!

We've had this argumentr before. i think last time WoW argued that Wine is the slang term for Wind Street!

Have you heard how the Jacks pronounce it and refer to it here? Universally, too?

I know it's spelt 'Wind' on the signs, but that's just officialese.

Have you heard how the Jacks pronounce it and refer to it here? Universally, too?

I know it's spelt 'Wind' on the signs, but that's just officialese.

I think its more a case that even the Jacks dont realise its Wind street and actually think its called wine street.

I think its more a case that even the Jacks dont realise its Wind street and actually think its called wine street.

Maybe so, althiugh the 'Wind' spelling is there on every sign, and even Jacks can read mostly .... but whatever, if so, they make sure the place lives up to its popular name by their Friday and Saturday night habits ... Not just Jacks either -- Valleys lads and lasses too. So the popular (nick)name is the accurate and appropriate one.

It's a hellhole. Back to the football .... !!

And I'm well overdue the (non WS!**) pub now!

**ie non Wine St, not non Wetherspoons ... :D

I am going to watch the game, in a pub, with a good friend who happens to be a jack...we have to win!

It's only one game, it just happens to be the jacks. We will still go up, and if losing today is part of the karma then I'll take it. I'll take losing to thema again this season if we go u. If they want bragging rights for beating us twice in a season they can have them, but if we are in the Prem and they are in the championship it will be a bit hollow!

God we were shit. They played quite well, tbf

Why the fuck did Jonesy not start w Burkey? Admittedly he could not have foreseen Drinky having such a poor first game back (and Oli too) but we looked so so narrow.

Anyway as 1927 says it's only one game and yes it is gutting to see those village idiots gurning away in the corner but we have a good chance (and a need!) to get 4 or 6 on the road Weds and Sat

Blackpool flags in the away end were pathetic but funny/ Made a change from fucking union flags, anyway

I openly concede, as a Jack collaborator/fellow traveller (I have to be, my gf is an adopted Jack after living here 18 years!), that Cardiff should have had a penalty from De Vries pushing that Cardiff forward around.

But refs bad decisons tend to even out. Later on, Chopra blatantly should have been sent off -- that 'challenge' on Joe Allen was not just agricultural, but career threatening. Chopra's other challenge on him later wasn't pretty either. Strikers can't tackle!

Swansea deserved that result, played a lot better. Cardiff missed Bothroyd quite badly.

Even Cardiff fans, the fairminded ones anyway, have to concede that Dyer, Allen, Sinclair and at times (especially THAT time :D ) Emnes did their work. Jack defence and keeper (that terrible balldrop aside :oops: ) were together with their work too.

Hope that summary is acceptable? We met a Bluebird (in mufti!) in Wetherspoons this evening who conceded that the Jacks played better.

Both Welsh teams to go up? Not impossible at all ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom