Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City 2010-2011 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also lost to Palace at home...

13 points from the last 27 possible - that's mid table at best. If you take it before today then 13 from 24. Still nowhere near promotion contending. It's OK, but it's not that much better than, say, Leeds. And those games include games against all of the current bottom six teams (and QPR, yes, sure - the other was Donny who they also lost to).

Seriously - nowhere near promotion contending just now without a large slice of luck.

are you norwich?

I thought you caused a lot of problems for us. Never gave up. Very dangerous in attack. Norwich just faded in the second half.

A team with bags of potential, who will be in the play offs (strength of squad depending)

are you norwich?

I thought you caused a lot of problems for us. Never gave up. Very dangerous in attack. Norwich just faded in the second half.

A team with bags of potential, who will be in the play offs (strength of squad depending)

Strength of squad's one issue, for sure. And one they'll be hard pressed to do anything v much about - already injuries are starting to be an issue.

I'm not saying they're a bad team, but I'm unconvinced about the idea that they're anything better than a lucky playoff shout - and tbh I think 6th is a hell of an ask this season. But I'm glad they were OK - radio seemed to think they were fine in the first half. You never know.

Well we didn't go on the lash and one of us had to turn down a full bottle red wine to drive home, the bottle offered by someone who was about to get a stretch limo to Bargoed with four bottles of champagne for company :cool: boys we done you proud, we are a bit posh a bit sophisticated a bit pissed and VERY VERY VERY TOP OF THE LEAGUE

Nice to meet you 1927 and Clint. My girls had their numbered shirts signed by Jay Bothroyd, Craig Bellamy and Michael Chopra (in his pants), and their programmes signed by all them plus David Marshall. Tom Heaton, Kevin Mc, Lee Naylor, Whitts, Steve McPhail, Darcy Blake, Seyo Olofinjana, Aaron Wildig, Danny Drinkwater, and they were ALL top lads.

They also had their pictture taken on the pitch by the CCFC official photographer.

And the eldest one's highlight of the day? When Clint Iguana in the lounge post-game goes to her "hit me in the stomach go on" boy she belted him and boy she loved it

Boys, I salute you

Unlikeliest venue ever for an Urban get together, nice to meet you Placid. Sounds like the club did you proud.

I had a horrible 45 minutes having put money oin city to win 3-1. End of match couldn't come quick enough. I was hoping Norwich would get second so the bet was out of the window and then I could cheer city on to 6 or 7! Anyway, 3 points and a nice £60 in my wallet.Happy days.

LOL yes that was quite posh for an Urbs meeting! I could handle going in there every week, tidy.

Aye the club were actually stunningly good I will make sure Gethin's PA gets some flowers tomorrow, she was lovely to my kids all day non-stop, way beyond the call of what she had to do

Pretty shoddy on the field though, top of the league and all that flee-flowing attacking football who do they think they are bleedin' Taffs what are they doing in the league anyway

Nice one on your bet, I had punted on Jay first GS so all's well

Well we didn't go on the lash and one of us had to turn down a full bottle red wine to drive home, the bottle offered by someone who was about to get a stretch limo to Bargoed with four bottles of champagne for company :cool: boys we done you proud, we are a bit posh a bit sophisticated a bit pissed and VERY VERY VERY TOP OF THE LEAGUE

Nice to meet you 1927 and Clint. My girls had their numbered shirts signed by Jay Bothroyd, Craig Bellamy and Michael Chopra (in his pants), and their programmes signed by all them plus David Marshall. Tom Heaton, Kevin Mc, Lee Naylor, Whitts, Steve McPhail, Darcy Blake, Seyo Olofinjana, Aaron Wildig, Danny Drinkwater, and they were ALL top lads.

They also had their pictture taken on the pitch by the CCFC official photographer.

And the eldest one's highlight of the day? When Clint Iguana in the lounge post-game goes to her "hit me in the stomach go on" boy she belted him and boy she loved it

Boys, I salute you

What sort of girls are you bringing up? Being more excited about a bit of fatty bashing than seeing Chopra in his grundies.:hmm:

I am glad she got a thrill out of it, i have to confess i dont actually remember it. Must have been drunker than i thought. :facepalm:

It was a cracking day out - but i have to say INSPITE of the club - having paid a fortune for a party of 12 to have a top of the range experience we were messed about something rotten; some how ended up being shunted through the staff entrance and had an unscheduled tour of the stadium cos nobody seemed to know we were coming, where we were sitting or - i could go on but i wont.

Next week it will be a wetherspoons breakfast and standing behind the goal - football as it is supposed to be. ;)

Paul I've said it before and I'll say it again. Beautifully evocative stuff mate, it is indeed the best team we have ever seen down there, me you Clint 1927 any of us

I loves it and your urbane reflective recording of it is making it even sweeter

Diolch yn fawr iawn mate

Paul I've said it before and I'll say it again. Beautifully evocative stuff mate, it is indeed the best team we have ever seen down there, me you Clint 1927 any of us

I loves it and your urbane reflective recording of it is making it even sweeter

Diolch yn fawr iawn mate

cheers placid - would enjoy a pre-match pinta with you and the urban massive next time you are down... :)

yeah that would be class, I will be non-driving next time, would have got well stuck in yesterday otherwise, what an ace day. Heady days down there, to say the least. Remember these moments for ever

Now, how to get into the bloody away end at QPR:hmm:

yeah that would be class, I will be non-driving next time, would have got well stuck in yesterday otherwise, what an ace day. Heady days down there, to say the least. Remember these moments for ever

Do you look anything like Bernie Ecclestone?

PM sent, can almost certainly get you one tomorrow if only you'd reply.

I thought 1927 had managed to get placid tickets for the QPR game mate.

Here's hoping it's a Saturday, that's the only day I can make.

Realistic predicted scores for Sunday's Big Clash, folks?

I'm cautiously punting on 1-1.

We'll be heading to one of Swansea's more civilised pubs (ie not in the city centre/Wine St :eek: :( ) to watch the TV coverage ... corresponding match last time there were even a couple of semi undecover Cardiff fans, and the number of really bigtime Jack watchers was few ....

I fancy a repeat of last week and 3-1, actually think a Bellamy hat trick might be the bet this week!!

I am almost certain QPR will stay on the 27th. Thanks 1927 you have assumed god-like status in my secular house

I have also managed to get my hands on a ticket for the Jacks game, which is a massive one

Come on City, come on. Get right fucking into them

dont be a silly wow
4-0 to Cardiff ;)

I said realistic predictions! :p

;)

I can see Bellamy scoring alright, but maybe not 3!

As for the Jacks, put your 'realism' hats on and remember (through gritted thoughts perhaps!) that right now they're quite a tidy side ...

Goals may be at more of a premium on Sunday (for both sides I mean) than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom