Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City 2010-2011 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking brilliant Jay, what a great player and what a lovely bloke

First ever City player to get a senior call up for the Saes

Respect

Off topic, but apparently Peter Ridsdale was at Boundary Park for the second match running yesterday, and there are rumours that an announcement about a takeover is imminent. Just wanted to ask you lot, as his most recent victims, how worried/angry/horrified we should be?

Off topic, but apparently Peter Ridsdale was at Boundary Park for the second match running yesterday, and there are rumours that an announcement about a takeover is imminent. Just wanted to ask you lot, as his most recent victims, how worried/angry/horrified we should be?

all of the above - my condolences, in advance.

We got out of jail, courtesy our magnanimous Malaysians - but it was touch and go for a while...

all of the above - my condolences, in advance.

We got out of jail, courtesy our magnanimous Malaysians - but it was touch and go for a while...

Hat him or not tho, had it not been for Ridsdale and the season ticket scam we wouldn't have lasted long enough for the Malaysians to ride in ion tehir white charges.

PR obviously knows football and has contacts, just keep him away from the money!

Anyone fancy a pre match working class (not in premier club lounge) urbanite swig on Saturday before the forest game?

Off topic, but apparently Peter Ridsdale was at Boundary Park

He doesn't do anything out of the kindness of his heart. He certainly fleeced a fair few quid out of us.

On the other hand he got us the promised stadium that looked like it was never ever going to appear.

Whether or not that was the wisest of moved considering the level of debt we were in is a matter for debate. It could have gone horribly wrong for us if it wasn't for a few pay days from profitable sales and pay days like the FA Cup Semi Final victory.

We lucked out. Risdale is partly responsable for that good luck but he would also have been responsable if our luck hadn't of held up.

He doesn't do anything out of the kindness of his heart. He certainly fleeced a fair few quid out of us.

On the other hand he got us the promised stadium that looked like it was never ever going to appear.

Whether or not that was the wisest of moved considering the level of debt we were in is a matter for debate. It could have gone horribly wrong for us if it wasn't for a few pay days from profitable sales and pay days like the FA Cup Semi Final victory.

We lucked out. Risdale is partly responsable for that good luck but he would also have been responsable if our luck hadn't of held up.

I agree, there are a lot of good things that we have at the club now that we wouldnt have had without PR the stadium being the most obvious. He flew by the seat of his pants that is for sure, he had some luck, agreed, but lets be honest if we hadn't moved we wouldnt have the squad we have now. The stadium and the training facilities have been instrumnetal in attracting players to the club, the ambition we have as a club and have had for sometime are in part due to PR's input. Yes he is depised and i understand why, but if people sat down and thought about it they may come to a different conclusion. He had to work with hands tied behind his back for all the time he was with us. If it hadn't been for the huge amounbt of debt Sam had left us in then PR would have been able to go to the bank and borrow money, but he couldnt do that, the season ticket affair was a mistake in hindsight, or atleast the way it was sold to fans was, but if it hadnt happened we would have seen administration last season,FACT. We were in abd way when PR arrived and he may not have got us back on our feet he kept us alive whenh in all honesty there were those who would have turned off the life support machine.

Sam was more responsible for our calamitous position than PR imho, but even Sam ha sto have credit for what he started ( and I dont ,ean the mountain of debt).Sam left us with nothing else he started the academy which ahs been the lifeblood of the club both in terms of finaces and playing staff and for that he should alweays be applauded, PR gave us the stadium and kept us going long enough to find new backers. Yes he robbed us blind, but so did Sam, and hopefully when we are sat in the Prem next season both men will desreve to be there to see the monster they both helped to create.

PR could have been completely honest, we could have lived within our means and stayed at Ninian Park. After the last seaosn and a half we have had does anyone really think that was a preferable option?

Just to clarify. The defeat on sunday was not DJ's or the players fault, my boss took his daughter who has never seen Cardiff win, in fact she has only seen one goal in a season and a third! I also have bad news in that his family are going to the Forest game, we will lose. FACT.

Told you so!

excellent. i enjoyed the last south wales derby shown on bbc :)

tbf you do seem a bit obsessed with us (both)

Not sure I would spend so much much time on a Gas or Shitheads thread, other than to say "Good luck Gas I hope you do them", en passant

I can prob get you a spare on one of the battle busses if you like, dep CCS 9ish, you can wave to WoW in his wine (sic) street brunch bar as we roll past

Onwards to Loftus Road... :)
come on then people, what's the predicitons?

i was supposed to be going, but had to change plans - gutted. reckon could be an interesting game....think we might just edge you though....

come on then people, what's the predicitons?

i was supposed to be going, but had to change plans - gutted. reckon could be an interesting game....think we might just edge you though....

2-1 Cardiff, Bothroyd and Bellers after being a goal down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom