Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff chitter-chatter, news and more

7859030948_a7377f4515_z.jpg

:cool:

I've been down there, but never considered calling it a beach. theres a bit further along over the sea thats bouncy to walk on, like a thin grass over tyres

who else got a headache from the massive fire? :(
can still taste it in the air
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-26809850
A fire at a recycling centre on the outskirts of Cardiff will need around 20 firefighters at the scene "for the foreseeable future".

About 2,000 tonnes of waste material is alight at the Atlantic recycling site in Newton Road, near Rumney.

The fire began early on Friday and had 70 firefighters tackling it initially.

realise it is a looooooooooonnnnng shot! but gotta try
does anyone have any 'party' records (vinyl) that they could lend me on Sunday please??
I am playing records locally and it has gone from me playing an eclectic mix of what i have to needing to have some party stuff as there will apparently be a few people there as some sort of after party for an event.

think the age group is likely to be late 20's upwards with a few 40's and possibly older. i have some stuff and going to do another charity shop trawl as well as popping to spillers again but if anyone has any that they would be happy to lend me i will reward you as well as looking after them properly and better than my own.

thanks! and on an even longer shot :D if anyone can or wants to come that will be great and will pm you details :)

2 things
when did the bloody number 8 bus stop going down city rd??? :mad:

and
The Wedding Present are doing an instore at Spillers for Record Store day at 1pm next Sat 19 April

Lol the 8 and 9 stopped going to the Heath ages ago easily 3+ years replaced by 38 and 39. 8 and 9 just do the bay and city centre.

Some bastard talked his way into an old ladies house, up by Allensbank road - and robbed her, claiming to be from the water board. Not sure if that is something you'd want to tell and elderly relative or not.

Grim :(
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/body-woman-not-seen-four-7062408
Woman's body found in flat by Dispenser gardens

They went and knocked on her door but there was no answer. “They came back and said they could smell a very, very bad smell from outside the house. I thought what are they going to find?” said Mrs Kaur.

Peter Brooks, 65, lives next door. He said part of the street was cordoned off for a short time last night while police and a doctor attended.

He said Miss King did not have any family in the area.

“She was quite reserved. She used to go across to the shop daily but she kept to herself.

“It’s very sad. She was very kind. She once gave me a box of 50 CDs she no longer wanted.”

He said police told him Miss King had been in the flat for about three weeks.

“The police said her death happened about three weeks ago but nobody has seen her since Christmas.”

Police said there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death and enquiries are continuing.

I don't like the look of that. Is that the top of Wood St, looking over to Riverside? Looks like Wood St bridge gone, just the railway bridge. It's hard enough going east to west in this city. Would be a nightmare if they take out one of the bridges

no that is the area outside the station after they knock Marland House down
i don't know how they'll fit all that in there unless moving the bus station to the back of the train station
you can see the bridge is still there
SJP_MAI_270514tats7144_011JPJPG.jpg

Back
Top Bottom