Votes: 2 2.3%
  • What kind of sicko doesn't eat all cake

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Other

Votes: 7 8.1%

• Total voters

Cloo

Approved by toads
Always disappointed when the only cake option is coffee and walnut, I don't do coffee and I don't do it in cakes. And does anyone actually like fruit cake? Why does it exist? I will eat most other cakes, though I aways find victoria sponge a bit 'meh' and I'm not that interested in carrot cake unless it's the flour-free one I make which tastes more like lemon cake anyway.

Initiates cakefight

no objection to fruit cake - can (depending on how it's been made) be a bit dry and meh, but that's a fault in the specification or construction, not the concept

don't do coffee cake (just don't like coffee) or anything with chocolate or too much cream in, as they disagree with my guts...

I have access to a spectacular carrot cake recipe ...

I make a mean rich fruit cake (but I'll have some un-iced in order to eat it with Wensleydale).

Can't be doing with coconut in or on cakes, but otherwise I'll eat most types ...

I’ll eat pretty much any cake tbh. A good Victoria sponge really can be perfect with a pot of tea.
I also like those trashy, synthetic cakes you get in Costco and everything in between.
Citrus is probably my least likely choice but I do like lemon drizzle.
fruitcake can’t be too dry (I refuse to use the m word) and not have peel in it.
Chocolate cake can be really dry too and needs shitloads of fudge frosting.
I bought a gorgeous Dorset apple cake a couple of weeks ago and took the remains camping last weekend. God, it was amazing.

I am a bit suspicious of some of the vegetable cakes but carrot cake is lovely.

I fucking love cake. 😄

Red Velvet is far too sweet (and an unnatural colour), as are most carrot cakes, particularly with the frosting. Chocolate cakes are a bit much, something with chocolate is acceptable. Fruit cakes are generally too heavy.

I like lemon (anything citrus really) and coffee and walnut cake but they always promise more than they deliver. Victoria sponge is for those people who eat vanilla ice cream and cheese and tomato pizzas.

What is a vegetable cake? Not sure I’ve ever had one; is it one of those made with courgette / beetroot etc?

I love almost any cake, including coffee cake, fruit cake, all the unpopular ones. I currently have a slight carrot cake obsession. But Mrs maomao makes little cupcakes with courgette in them and they are fucking horrible, I will not eat them under any circumstances.

I also don't eat urinal cakes.

I love all the cake and I absolutely ADORE fruit cake. It is the Queen of Cake.

I also like coffee cake.

And everyone can give all their marzipan to me!

Red velvet is slightly problematic as it's just very sweet, dyed chocolate cake. That really does promise way more than it delivers.

I also bloody love a plain baked vanilla cheesecake. Lush.

Don't like coffee cake or walnut cake either - just too bitter. TBH I'm not a huge cake fan; prefer baking it to eating it most of the time.

I've never had a nice/good Simnel Cake and most Christmas Cake is bollocks too, as is that white sauce they serve it with.

I was worried about what "sauce" your family had been putting on your Christmas cake, toll I realised you probably mean brandy butter.

Reactions: tim
Back
Top Bottom