Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bye bye MEAT! How will the post-meat future look?

How reluctant are you to give up your meat habit?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure we're even vaguely close the a meat-free future. Regardless of whether you're a meat eater or not, this seems pretty horrific - I mean what could possibly go wrong? :hmm: :

Cruelty to pets would be eliminated if we eliminated pets.

Also, I'm pretty sure very few pets live "natural lives" in this country.
The vast majority live very comfortable and long lives. And seeing as dogs and cats were domesticated hundreds if not thousands of years ago, it's an entirely natural life for them.

So what is your point here?

Not sure we're even vaguely close the a meat-free future. Regardless of whether you're a meat eater or not, this seems pretty horrific - I mean what could possibly go wrong? :hmm: :

It's absolutely vile, but probably no worse than the vast chicken factories we have in the UK.

you had me at 26 storey pig skyscraper.

No big bad wolf is going to be able to blow that down!

The vast majority live very comfortable and long lives. And seeing as dogs and cats were domesticated hundreds if not thousands of years ago, it's an entirely natural life for them.

So what is your point here?

If no cruelty is better than some cruelty and this is sufficient reason alone to delete all farm animals, then the same applies to pets, regardless of the exact proportion subject of cruelty.

Likewise if "dogs and cats were domesticated hundreds if not thousands of years ago, it's an entirely natural life for them" then "cows and sheep were domesticated hundreds if not thousands of years ago, it's an entirely natural life for them". So not sure why that reasoning works either :confused:

I think what this boils down to is "I don't like the idea of humans eating animals, and my personal feelings on the matter trump anyone else's".

If no cruelty is better than some cruelty and this is sufficient reason alone to delete all farm animals, then the same applies to pets, regardless of the exact proportion subject of cruelty.

Likewise if "dogs and cats were domesticated hundreds if not thousands of years ago, it's an entirely natural life for them" then "cows and sheep were domesticated hundreds if not thousands of years ago, it's an entirely natural life for them". So not sure why that reasoning works either :confused:
Who was calling to 'delete all farm animals'? And are you really equating the cruelty of factory farming with people's pets?

Who was calling to 'delete all farm animals'? And are you really equating the cruelty of factory farming with people's pets?
See this is your problem. With science you need to be precise and you and your 'evidence' is no where near precise. You post something and you get a reply to that point then you move the goalposts and claim you meant something else. :(

See this is your problem. With science you need to be precise and you and your 'evidence' is no where near precise. You post something and you get a reply to that point then you move the goalposts and claim you meant something else. :(
Once again. Who was calling to 'delete all farm animals'?

Once again. Who was calling to 'delete all farm animals'?
would farms still keep animals? Presumably just to fertilise land and keep it all 'landy'. But that wouldn't be cheap and they wouldn't be making money from it without selling the meat or dairy or wool or whatever.

Is it too much to ask that we leave the genitals and sexual reproductive activities of other species the fuck alone? Animal farming is really fucking weird and shit (and completely pointless). A relic of more backward and barbarous times. In the 21st century its surely time to call time on this garbage institution.

The tools for eradicating the barbarism and backward idiocy of animal farming are here - when productive at scale, they will win!

would farms still keep animals? Presumably just to fertilise land and keep it all 'landy'. But that wouldn't be cheap and they wouldn't be making money from it without selling the meat or dairy or wool or whatever.
No one seems interested in a discussion around this so I've given up trying.

oh dear OH DEAR!! :D
mask slips
WTF are you on about?

In case you haven't been following:
1) Those processed meat alternatives can only be produced by massive corps
2) Jeff seems to think he is some sort of communist
3) See above post where he talks about said massive corps lackey and spawn of a Tory MP and councillor George Monbiot as "Comrade George"

compare with my opinion that:

"food production should be in more people's hands, not fewer"

See? Or do I need to make it jump a bit higher?

baddies-evil.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom