Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bus replacement service nightmares

Brainaddict

slight system overdrive
There are entire weeks around the end of November and beginning of December when it is impossible to get to Penzance by train with a bicycle because some section of the line will have bus replacement services, which don't take bikes. My hatred of the phrase 'bus replacement service' is reaching new heights.

Not an interesting post in itself but I thought I'd start a thread for people beset by bus replacement services.

There are entire weeks around the end of November and beginning of December when it is impossible to get to Penzance by train with a bicycle because some section of the line will have bus replacement services, which don't take bikes. My hatred of the phrase 'bus replacement service' is reaching new heights.

Not an interesting post in itself but I thought I'd start a thread for people beset by bus replacement services.
If only done one could invent a solution

A5ADEB25-1B38-4AA9-A0C5-6348CBF0A635.jpeg

Apparently the railways has no duty to carry bikes at all, so they don't need to accommodate you. There could always be a solution but they just don't care enough.
It’s a regulated industry, one assumes there is no political will. Anyway, enjoy the bike ride to Penzance;)

Friend of mine, flying to US, arrived at station with plenty of time. After the due time for the train it was announced it was a bus replacement. That arrived two hours late. The next train to the airport was also late. He arrived with 15 minutes to spare. Needless to say he missed the flight.

Overnight stay in hotel, new flight. Cost him a fortune.

Trains, sadly, are not reliable in the UK, bus replacement services are equally bad.

Back
Top Bottom