Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

Wtf are you? French?

Less is more when it comes to cooking. Keep it simple, keep it real. It's a burger, no need to be a ponce about it.

Keep it real? You have got to be fucking joking. What, next you're gonna tell me that Germans invented burgers or some shit. BTW, I'm all for keeping it simple, but it's hardly rocket science adding some actual, y'know, flavour. Unless you go to a butchers and get some proper nice meat (which hardly anyone does/can afford), you're gonna be working with bog standard mince.

So Germany = bland?
I wouldn't say that's always true, but the perception on Toytown Germany is that the 3 favourite flavourings for savoury food are salt, paprika, and breadcrumbs.

I bought half a dozen wild boar burgers today :cool:

And half a dozen of these veggie ones that are supposed to be good but quite a luminous orange (carrot?)

Germany = tasty.

Natural flavours ftw.

Take their lager as an example.

Pls ignore their wine.

Pah. I can't take a country's fast food seriously when currywurst is so absurdly popular. The wursts are fine, but the cheap ketchup and curry powder sauce is a vulgar step too far, all stonewashed denim and big of moustache.

What say ye on onion rings in burgers? I always take them out, same with hash browns. It's just wrong. Disappointed to see BK's latest offering is a long rodeo :(

burger-king-rodeo.jpg

And as for KFC with their NACHO BURGER. WHAT?! Fucking hash browns are bad enough but a big stupid nacho in there as well? Running out of ideas or what :mad:

296558_10151041037007647_883453691_n.jpg

I still really want this.....look at it....it even looks like an angels minge, I can only dream of what it might taste like...

kfc-double-down.jpg

i've been bulking out my homemade burgers with grated mushroom, blue cheese and parmesan lately. it's pretty fucking good :)

there is a burger restaurant in stokey (top of amhurst road) that does pukka new york burgers and wedges for under a fiver :D happy they are eastern european and push free smoothes or milkshakes on you if you wait for take aways too and the shoreditch fuckers have not discovered it :D I will be happy till they go out of business.

they also have a bourbon selection like you wouldn't believe, perhaps we should have an urban night?

sounds good to me :D

even Javer?

Jever? Not very nice is it? Seems to have a vaguely special brewish taste despite only being about five percent. Holsten Pils isn't nice either, nor is becks - Mind you, I don't think anyone in Germany drinks them. German food's alright though, all stodge that'll stick to your ribs. Not like French stuff that's all repulsion in aspic or a quivering jism sauce.

Best burgers though are ones from vans with loads of onions.

most food i had in germany was really nce (lived tehre for 18 months).

cant say that i noticed that germany was particularly good however for burgers and their idea of pizza was woeful.

most food i had in germany was really nce (lived tehre for 18 months).

cant say that i noticed that germany was particularly good however for burgers and their idea of pizza was woeful.

On of my grandmothers was German. I still miss her food. I have to go all the way to Omaha for a fix. I got my German on last Saturday.

Tonight I marinaded a chicken breast in a plastic bag with some jerk spices and sriracha for a couple of hours before slapping it straight onto the oiled stove top (aga), whacked it in a ciabatta bread bun with salad and extra sriracha sauce and a side serving of baked beans with pork lardons in. It as pretty f'ing good :cool:

We are having burgers today!! Lamb burgers - got a jar of burger mix from M&S, it expired in April but pish posh, we are still going to use it.

Lamb burgers, triple cooked chips, devilled sweetcorn, caramalized onions and cheesy coleslaw :cool:

*bump*

I've got my beef burgers down to a tee (t? tea?), but bought some venison mince the other day :D

Anyone got a tried and tested recipe for venison burgers, not sure how different venison is to beef and whether it'll need a binder? :confused: also what sort of herbs to go for?

Back
Top Bottom