Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

Not valid at restaurants with a Drive-Thru - I see that on a lot of vouchers, WHY??
Probably because they need to scan the voucher to calculate the price and that’s hard at a drive-through. By the time you show up at the window they’re taking the order of the guy 4 cars behind you. Rather than say “not valid at drive throughs”, they’ve gone the other way and said they’re invalid at restaurants with drive throughs.

Probably because they need to scan the voucher to calculate the price and that’s hard at a drive-through. By the time you show up at the window they’re taking the order of the guy 4 cars behind you. Rather than say “not valid at drive throughs”, they’ve gone the other way and said they’re invalid at restaurants with drive throughs.

Ah that makes sense. I mean it doesn't help me to use a voucher as my local McDs is a drive-thru, but it does at least explain it :D

I found some venison burgers in the local Tesco. They were rather disappointing.

I don't think I've ever had a decent tasting venison burger and give them a wide berth along with ostrich, kangaroo, and other faddy stuff. The meat's too lean and it's invariably under-seasoned in burgers too.

The problem with a lot of sausages and burgers nowadays, particularly the supposedly higher-end stuff, is this silly thinking that says fillers are bad. They're not. A burger or sausage needs some filler to absorb the fats and juices and hold them in, otherwise they run straight out of the product and you're left with a dry bit of meat with poor texture.

Aye if I had a choice between venison or beef in a burger I would go for beef.
Venison is very lean but works well in a stew/casserole type thing with streaky bacon or other fatty things like lardons etc.
Too lean and dry for a burger (IMO).

And completely agree with the above ^ re use of rusk type filler in sausages etc to soak up the fat and juices.

Anyway after all this talk of MaccyD's I am going to be sorely disappointed if one of the U75 food intelligentsia doesn't turn up with a photo of their wagyu burger with high altitude yak cheese in an artisan brioche bun decorated with edible gold flakes. Probably so tall it has to be held together with a skewer and can only be eaten in a "deconstructed" manner. Oh and served on a roof tile, with fries in a miniature chimney pot.
Have a look back at #4322. Comes complete with exhaust fumes, burning rubber and clutches 😄

Not valid at restaurants with a Drive-Thru - I see that on a lot of vouchers, WHY??

(Yes our local one has a Drive-Thru. Also why am I using "Thru" as if it is a proper word?)
My local has a Drive-Through and accepts them no problem 🤔 not at the Drive-Though but for eat in or takeaway.

Ah cool! It is academic at the moment as I am still testing positive and stuck at home for the forseeable, but that is good to know for future!
McDelivery is a rip off. Also burgers generally do not 'deliver' well generally, with McDs worse than most. Even with takeaway at McDs you want to eat it within 5 mins.

McDelivery is a rip off. Also burgers generally do not 'deliver' well generally, with McDs worse than most. Even with takeaway at McDs you want to eat it within 5 mins.

I actually have had a McD's delivered once, they are just around the corner but I had a broken toe at the time and couldn't get any footwear on or make it down the stairs, it was delivered within a few minutes of me placing my order and I was quite impressed. (And it was its usual quality ie reliably mediocre, which is still better than the Hungry Cow - also whoever named that doesn't seem to understand how the food chain works)

I suspect it depends on how far away you are from the nearest branch and how busy they are.

Yep. See also kebabs/grilled meats, and fish and chips. They really need to be eaten where they're cooked to be at their best.

However, like Epona says, if you're close enough it can be acceptable. Uber Eats can deliver McD's to my gaff in 15-20 minutes from clicking the button, which is pretty much ideal on hangover days.

Going slightly off topic here, but I think fish & chips is good all wrapped up in paper for a short while if it is absolutely smothered in salt and either malt vinegar or "non-distilled white condiment" or whatever the fuck they call it which is what the chippy tends to use instead of malt vinegar which is why you can't quite get that fish & chips taste if you do the condiments at home yourself...

Anyway rambling a bit now, but a few minutes covered in salt and vinegar/condiment and steaming all wrapped in paper is not necessarily a bad thing.

I think burgers are less able to withstand travel, they just go cold and greasy.

I usually hate this thread because it makes me want burgers, now I want fish & chips :(

Going slightly off topic here, but I think fish & chips is good all wrapped up in paper for a short while if it is absolutely smothered in salt and either malt vinegar or "non-distilled white condiment" or whatever the fuck they call it which is what the chippy tends to use instead of malt vinegar which is why you can't quite get that fish & chips taste if you do the condiments at home yourself...

Anyway rambling a bit now, but a few minutes covered in salt and vinegar/condiment and steaming all wrapped in paper is not necessarily a bad thing.

I think burgers are less able to withstand travel, they just go cold and greasy.

I usually hate this thread because it makes me want burgers, now I want fish & chips :(
Try pizza.

Back
Top Bottom