Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

Anyway after all this talk of MaccyD's I am going to be sorely disappointed if one of the U75 food intelligentsia doesn't turn up with a photo of their wagyu burger with high altitude yak cheese in an artisan brioche bun decorated with edible gold flakes. Probably so tall it has to be held together with a skewer and can only be eaten in a "deconstructed" manner. Oh and served on a roof tile, with fries in a miniature chimney pot.

Are the vouchers still on the back of the receipt, or is it all e-vouchers these days? I can't use those because I don't have data on my phone so can't access them when I'm in there placing my order.
Grabbed the Metro on the bus last week. Same vouchers can be nabbed from WH Smith if you can face going in there 🤔

The app has weekly offers and such too

I can't do apps for that sort of thing, I'm on wi-fi only, no data to do that sort of thing outside of home network wi-fi range

You can order at home. Then log into the McDs Cloud WiFi when you arrive and they prepare your order.

Cool, thank you! I am what they class as "economically inactive" right now - not claiming benefits but no income (ie I am completely reliant on other people), phone is an addition to OH's contract and I have no data plan - I could of course buy some sort of top up if I wanted to do payg data but it isn't worth it just for McD's app and the like :D

Went to One Stop, having still not shaken my hangover and saw they Rustlers burgers at two for £3. Not had them for a decade I think. Managed to pick up a meatless one by mistake as well as the quarter pounder. Not sure it makes much difference. Right now I don't feel great about my life choices.

IMG_20220213_130559.jpg

Went to One Stop, having still not shaken my hangover and saw they Rustlers burgers at two for £3. Not had them for a decade I think. Managed to pick up a meatless one by mistake as well as the quarter pounder. Not sure it makes much difference. Right now I don't feel great about my life choices.

View attachment 309854

Rustlers do the trick for a quick fix sometimes but you do need to add ketchup.

You can microwave them, but they're better if you disassemble, heat the burger separately under the grill and lightly toast the bun IME.

Ah ok - I don't have a microwave and the disassemble and heat method sounds no more convenient than a pack of frozen quarterpounders and a pack of burger buns :D

That probably explains why I've never had one :D

Ah ok - I don't have a microwave and the disassemble and heat method sounds no more convenient than a pack of frozen quarterpounders and a pack of burger buns :D

That probably explains why I've never had one :D
the burger is already cooked so it's ready lots quicker I guess?

also I've never encountered a frozen burger that wasn't totally revolting. The rustlers actually taste somewhere in the same ballpark of a mcdonalds. not a bad emergency belly filler IMO

You've been getting the wrong frozen burgers, some are ok and significantly better than McDs

Seriously, the last Big Mac I had, the beef patties were like hockey pucks that had been hammered really thin.

I hate this thread, every time I look at it I want a burger. We're having home-made Tex-Mex type fare tonight but I really fancy burger and chips now.
It isn't possible though.

Back
Top Bottom