Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

Loved for the sensible size rather than for the actual burgers themselves, not a fan of cheese

Sliders? Perhaps

Had a hot dog in a brioche bun at a bar in Stratford once - this would have been between lockdowns when you were allowed to sit outside at pubs and have a "substantial meal" or something, we were sitting outside under a tarp in the rain and I ordered a hot dog which was about a tenner which was already alarmingly pricy - it was tiny and in a brioche bun which just didn't go with it, I just want the bread for these things to be quite ordinary and a vehicle for the meat and condiments. Felt totally ripped off.

I have to go over to Stratford tomorrow to buy a cheap steam cleaner (hoping Wilko comes good!) and am contemplating doing something filthy and getting a burger at either Burger King or Wendy's. I've not had a Wendy's in decades but they don't do onion rings, I'm undecided.

I'd definitely try a Wendys, never had one before.

I'd definitely try a Wendys, never had one before.

Unfortunately (being Saturday lunchtime, I'd forgotten it was Saturday - happens quite frequently when weekends don't figure as part of your schedule) Wendy's was absolutely rammed and I didn't fancy risking getting Omicroned in there, so went to BK instead - the counter is more open and the seating area upstairs was deserted (which tells me something about Wendy's/BK comparison tbh).

Next time I fancy a fast food type burger I'll head to Stratford at a quieter time/day and give Wendy's a go - been decades since I had one. Will report back when I do.

Unfortunately (being Saturday lunchtime, I'd forgotten it was Saturday - happens quite frequently when weekends don't figure as part of your schedule) Wendy's was absolutely rammed and I didn't fancy risking getting Omicroned in there, so went to BK instead - the counter is more open and the seating area upstairs was deserted (which tells me something about Wendy's/BK comparison tbh).

Next time I fancy a fast food type burger I'll head to Stratford at a quieter time/day and give Wendy's a go - been decades since I had one. Will report back when I do.
Is it Sunday?

Is it Sunday?

Not yet :D Although I did at some point earlier this evening think it was Sunday and reminded OH that he needed to leave for work early due to Sunday public transport - so confused today, no idea when we are, or what I am supposed to be doing.

If it’s on (it’s a limited time special) try the Portabello mushroom melt.It’s really good. Or a Baconator if not. I love Wendys.

Ooo! My bad the nearest BK is around a 30 mile round trip. Unless I go to the one in Bristol aerodrome, which I won't

Sigh!!! I dream of having a choice of burger vendors

It's currently a 15 mile round trip to my nearest McDonald's and a few miles further to my next one, which is also a McDonald's. To get to a BK it's coming up to a 40 mile round trip

Ooo! My bad the nearest BK is around a 30 mile round trip. Unless I go to the one in Bristol aerodrome, which I won't

I've been trying to triangulate your position from the above information and a McDonalds and BK store locator, and reckon you're somewhere around the Northern Mendips. Perhaps near Yatton?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom