Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brockwell Lido - chat, news and more

Lido water temp 14° this morning. £107 for 6 months of winter swimming seems like a good deal to me as I go 2-3 times a week. The changing rooms are now open but I haven't ventured in there yet
Where did you see the water temperature? They used to put it on the white board near Reception, but haven't recently. I went yesterday and swam for about 40 mins, but probably need to take notice of the temperature as it drops as I have no wetsuit. I overheard someone say someone had got hypothermia earlier this week :eek:

Where did you see the water temperature? They used to put it on the white board near Reception, but haven't recently. I went yesterday and swam for about 40 mins, but probably need to take notice of the temperature as it drops as I have no wetsuit. I overheard someone say someone had got hypothermia earlier this week :eek:

They write it on their twitter most days or on that white board outside near reception as you said. I've started taking a rubber duck that doubles up as a thermometer with me, he's great 😂

Please sign the petition to:
Allow open-air swimming pools, lidos & lakes to open in a new Covid-19 lockdown

Water 17C today .☀️ I'm going for first time this year on Tuesday. Think it will have warmed a bit by then.
You still have to book a slot on their incredibly slow website. Is it run on a ZX81 or something?

The Fusion app is much, much better if you can download it.

First time I went back after lockdown, I'd forgotten the app existed & tried to book via the website, think I actually gave up as it was just unusable.

(PS the opposite seems true for Tooting Bec - I find the 'Better? app unworkable, but booking via the website is clunky but fine)

The Fusion app is much, much better if you can download it.

First time I went back after lockdown, I'd forgotten the app existed & tried to book via the website, think I actually gave up as it was just unusable.

(PS the opposite seems true for Tooting Bec - I find the 'Better? app unworkable, but booking via the website is clunky but fine)
You do realise all those apps are the same app? I have three of them on my phone now, the Fusion one for the lido, Better for CP and South Norwood, and MyTime for West Wickham pool and they are identical. I think it's the connection speed that varies.

(I can't speak for the Tooting one as I haven't tried to swim at Tooting.)

Interesting - they are obviously all the same booking system! (just different in the settings they've chosen)

I had certainly had no problems using the Better app to book at West Reservoir last year, so I might give the Tooting one another go - maybe I hit it on a bad day. Tooting's website booking is so easy to use, I've just never tried the app again.

BIG EDIT- just checked & Tooting is 'Places' app not 'Better' so maybe it is as godawful as I remember, I can't bear to check.

Yes, Better is identical to the Fusion app & works perfectly.

Last edited:
Hii, can anyone make use of this Soulcap XL swimming cap? My hair fits better in the regular soulcap and this one is now just sitting in my cupboard collecting dust 🙂07842AB8-30B8-43DB-B34A-07E496B4EDC6.jpeg

Great news - have checked the app, and if you go to 'book lido swims' (NOT 'book family swim' or 'book lido lane swimming' ) you can now book a two hour session (starting 9.30am, 12.30pm or 2.30pm). 200 spaces available per session.

Whole pool open, no lanes during the daytime... but if you want to swim in lanes, there are still loads of 1-hour sessions morning and evening. Lido opens 6am at the moment so it's all lanes for 3 hours until 9am each morning (last bookable slot is 8am). And similar from 5pm weekday evenings.

It's a shame that (as far as I know) you still have to book via the app, and I'm not sure if you have to book children separately (looks like under-7s included in the adult ticket), but in terms of maximising the numbers of people able to visit, I think they've done the best they could at the moment.

Great news - have checked the app, and if you go to 'book lido swims' (NOT 'book family swim' or 'book lido lane swimming' ) you can now book a two hour session (starting 9.30am, 12.30pm or 2.30pm). 200 spaces available per session.

Whole pool open, no lanes during the daytime... but if you want to swim in lanes, there are still loads of 1-hour sessions morning and evening. Lido opens 6am at the moment so it's all lanes for 3 hours until 9am each morning (last bookable slot is 8am). And similar from 5pm weekday evenings.

It's a shame that (as far as I know) you still have to book via the app, and I'm not sure if you have to book children separately (looks like under-7s included in the adult ticket), but in terms of maximising the numbers of people able to visit, I think they've done the best they could at the moment.
I think there will still be some lanes available during the day, Brockwell Lido were answering people’s questions about it yesterday on instagram.

I think there will still be some lanes available during the day, Brockwell Lido were answering people’s questions about it yesterday on instagram.

That would be a bit of a shame, it's so lovely to see the whole pool open.

Lane swimmers have 6am to 9am, and 5pm to 8pm to be able to swim in lanes, so that's a choice of 6 hours a day - and (personally) for a daytime swim, it seems a good trade off to be able to book a 2 hour swim in the middle of the day, and just accept that you might have to swim round some children enjoying themselves.

Warning, morning and evening’s pretty much sold out for the next week, annoying because when you do go it’s pretty empty.

nb it’s not cold anymore

Has anyone heard any rumours about whether the sauna will open this year? I’m guessing it’s a no, I know parliament hill aren’t opening theirs at the minute?

It sold out yesterday, within an hour or so of going live :eek:

(Although, as the article notes, they may add a second session due to demand)

I was hoping that as Lambeth are taking leisure services back in house the Lido would be as well.

Its not.

The pricing at by Fusion is to high for me. It does not have the concessions that the other Better Leisure centres have.

From what I've heard Lambeth gave Fusion a long lease.

This is particularly unfortunate. As Lidos were originally supposed to be for the masses.

Not those who can afford Fusian high prices.

I was hoping that as Lambeth are taking leisure services back in house the Lido would be as well.

Its not.

The pricing at by Fusion is to high for me. It does not have the concessions that the other Better Leisure centres have.

From what I've heard Lambeth gave Fusion a long lease.

This is particularly unfortunate. As Lidos were originally supposed to be for the masses.

Not those who can afford Fusian high prices.

I thought Fusion's lease had something about a commitment to keep the pool open to the local community.
Which it is (perhaps unintentionally) failing to do at the moment.
Unless it's purely coincidence that the only people who want to go swimming this summer are affluent white people.

Anyway - I noticed they are running a summer camp which seems (I'm a bit out of touch these days) to be about the going rate for 8.30 to 5.30 all day childcare & accepts childcare vouchers, so that's good, I think.

But a lot of the things that made it affordable - cheaper morning swims, over-60's pricing (?) - seem to have gone, and the pre-booking system is definitely a barrier to people just turning up.
It's a real shame, & I hope it's something they'd address.

Apart from anything else, Lidos were also built to provide safe swimming for the public, and if we get more heatwaves, and local people are excluded - for whatever reason - from their local lidos, I expect people will try & cool off in whatever water they can access, which has safety implications.

I want a few changes.
Bag searches for weapons only
Turn up and swim
Affordable for all inc free to skint.
Sensible smoking policy for fags and cannabis
Bring your own beer (sensible levels, say one crate)
Reggae music on all day, with stack and selector.

Back
Top Bottom