Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton Village, Market Row, Pope's Road, Lost In Brixton, Club 414 & Ton Of Brix - Taylor McWilliams and Hondo's Brixton Empire

I’ve been to a couple of Pergola venues for birthdays - they’ve been universally shit. Food and drinks run out constantly, massive queues, overcrowding x

I’ve been to a couple of Pergola venues for birthdays - they’ve been universally shit. Food and drinks run out constantly, massive queues, overcrowding x
Aren't you supposed to use the app to order food from any restaurant in the market and it is brought to your table? Most restaurants in the market have very limited covers so they will probably appreciate it - if their micro kitchens can keep up!

They're making a big fuss out of their Tablesnapper app which, admittedly, is a clever way to get even more boozers and foodies rammed into the Village and turn this new space into an extended dining room with, no doubt, DJs a plenty.

Of course, people will still have to wait if the units downstairs can't cope with demand.

They're also all pumped up at having the "independent" Heineken-backed Brixton Brewery onboard, ensuring that the beer keeps flowing (and the piss keeps reigning down on the doorways of Brixton after).

I know of at least one person living in the adjacent arch who is well pissed off by this billionaire backed scheme. He can't even fully open one of his windows and he's going to have to put up with the sound of millennials scoffing and whooping every day.

Lost in Brixton will be breaking from the typical market dining format, using the first of its kind technology to deliver food straight from the market to the space. Using the NEW Tablesnapper app guests will be able order from the traders within Brixton Village and Market Row and runners will deliver it, allowing guests to sample the tasty and exotic range of cuisines available without having to leave the comfort of Lost in Brixton.

Have you been infected by the Daily Mail?
Come on. You can do better than this. If you don't agree with any of my comments, try constructing a counter argument rather than nonsense about the Daily Mail.

And being annoyed at people pissing in doorways is hardly reactionary right wing. It's a growing problem in Brixton - a place where the council rubber stamps more and more licensed premises adding pressure to the already microscopic provision of public toilets.

Meanwhile, on FB:
Brixton already resembles Leicester Square after 9pm with drunken groups staggering about, so why not add another 440 of them, because we obviously don't have enough vomit on the pavements as it is
You can feel Brixton's soul ebbing away these days.. depressing.
And Buzz comment:
And if they were really aiming at the community, they would have installed a community place! Not just buying stuff – food and drink or otherwise. Aren’t they making enough money to do that? And – the people who visit will be – visitors (tourists – unlikely to be locals)

have also read and am very disturbed by ‘a new hotel project’. Hondo Enterprises again and Sir David Adjaye saying that it’s “an incredible opportunity to give back to the community.” (Markets, community spaces and offices) Which community is that then Sir David? We have a housing problem round here! Are you building houses? I don’t think so!!!!!

And here it is.

lost-in-brixton.jpg

440 capacity cocktail and beer bar with food brought in via an app.

Lost In Brixton, ‘a concrete jungle with drinks and food,’ opens in Brixton Village on 1st August 2019

I'm trying to work out where the space is. Is it in what were the artists studios?

Or is it above the Sports Direct Store?

Aren't you supposed to use the app to order food from any restaurant in the market and it is brought to your table? Most restaurants in the market have very limited covers so they will probably appreciate it - if their micro kitchens can keep up!

I wonder how many restaurants in the market will sign up. As you say, many have micro kitchens.

Will market restaurants have to pay to use the App and the ‘runners’?

I used to order from the Lebanese place in the market via Deliveroo. After complaining about it being cold/late/things missing a few times in a row, they contacted me and invited me in for a free meal. They told me of their constant issues with Deliveroo and how it just wasn’t worth the extra orders.

I’ve given up on Deliveroo - meals either turned up late and cold or just never got delivered

Yeah same. And no I don’t want a £10 credit note for my order turning up with items missing and what was there stone cold, I want my fucking money back!

We order Chinese from Hungs in Streatham. They royally fucked our order up once, took nearly two hours and quite a bit was missing, it was a big order. Rang to complain and 20 minutes later the owner was on the doorstep with the missing items and a few bonus dishes. He always delivered our orders after that. Now that’s service.

I wonder how many restaurants in the market will sign up. As you say, many have micro kitchens.

Will market restaurants have to pay to use the App and the ‘runners’?
I guess the app will take a chunk of their cash, maybe the venue too. I can't seem to find anything about them on the web.

I'm trying to get a piece from an artist in a nearby arch. He's been here for years on end, wasn't consulted about this development and now he finds he can't now open his window properly because of increased vibrancy.

We order Chinese from Hungs in Streatham.
........He always delivered our orders after that. Now that’s service.

LIke the people at hungs. Also the delivery guy who always seems to be in Football kit (including shin pads)
Normally go to collect from hungs. That way,the wait is much less and you know it is hot when you get it home

Last edited:
Shayz Zay is the privileged American architect who thinks that a jungle theme is the appropriate solution for the new mass foodie-grazing/boozing area in the Village. He's normally busy with luxury projects in Hawaii and California.

Zak Architecture
ASSEMBLY HOUSE

But no reference to Brixton
Also Facebook link not found
Here:
Hondo Enterprises, which runs Brixton’s covered markets in a joint venture with the New York based hedge fund Angelo Gordon, said that the site has been tested by independent sound engineers.
The design is by Zak architects who previously designed a proposed roof for Pop Brixton. The new space will have a retractable roof.
‘Jungle’ theme for new Brixton Village venue

Ugh:

The firm began buying real estate as early as 1990 through investments in the distressed debt of bankrupt real estate companies. In 1993, as real estate markets buckled under the weight of too much debt, the firm launched its opportunistic real estate strategy investments with the goal of improving and repositioning the property by increasing operating income

Angelo Gordon - Wikipedia

Are you sure that you and Brixton Blog have got the right Zak?

This one Zak Group is actually a UK based company that does interior design etc.
Clearly its not as romantic to have a UK design company doing a disco in Brixton - when there is a San Francisco architect of similar name making log cabin hidy holes in Hawaii.

Anyway whoever it is designing this folly, I understand from sources close to the ground that the arch next to the Jungle themed disco can no longer open his windows to get air or light thanks to this coruscating hedonism.

No doubt this is a double bonus for Network Rail/The Arches Company: simultaneously next to a vibrant jungle-themed night=spot and have a possibly unwanted tenancy terminated more easily?

Are you sure that you and Brixton Blog have got the right Zak?

This one Zak Group is actually a UK based company that does interior design etc.
Clearly its not as romantic to have a UK design company doing a disco in Brixton - when there is a San Francisco architect of similar name making log cabin hidy holes in Hawaii.

Anyway whoever it is designing this folly, I understand from sources close to the ground that the arch next to the Jungle themed disco can no longer open his windows to get air or light thanks to this coruscating hedonism.

No doubt this is a double bonus for Network Rail/The Arches Company: simultaneously next to a vibrant jungle-themed night=spot and have a possibly unwanted tenancy terminated more easily?
Social cleansing via the disco mirrorball of privilege!

Great news! Hondo are planning a new ' vibrant route' into Brixton as they look to expand their upmarket booze/food-shunting kingdom that covers Pope's Road and Brixton Village/Market Row. More later.

Wandered through the market/village and saw a couple of the delivery guys waiting around down by the new chicken place. Then on way to the farmer's market exited via the side entrance and there's a private entrance, with guards, where I guess the deliverers and staff wander up and down.

There were also a couple of young kids with masks cycling around inside

nipped in to see if what is was like, think Pop but more money thrown at it, acoustics were dreadful and that was with the roof open! apparently there is limited choice of food as the app is not working properly, one of the restaurant owners told me that only three places were able to supply food through the app, no one was able to tell him what was happening. All in all seemed to be the same type of people seen at all the instagramable places and for that reason I'm out (never to return)

Back
Top Bottom