Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton tradesmen recommendations: plumbers, electricians, locksmiths, van drivers etc

Heads up for Andrews Garage on Herne Hill Road in Loughborough Junction. I only discovered him last year when my long time garage was knocked flat and I needed an urgent MOT.
MOTs, repairs and resprays. Very nice bloke and apparently there since 1974!

I've been planning to get a new bathroom installed for ages - and am now keen to do so before any second lockdown or regional lockdown in London.

Has anyone had a new bathroom installed and if so would they recommend the person/firm who fitted it?

Used Alfi to move a load of furniture from Crystal Palace to Stockwell and they were great, 3 v friendly and helpful guys, Couldn’t do enough, reasonable rates, thanks for the tip, would def recommend. 👍
alfimesi@gmail.com

Very friendly, brixton based

He helped me shift a big load of stuff recently - was £90 for 2hrs for 2 guys, £45 an hour thereafter

Will be less if you only need 1 guy I guess

Anyone got an up to date recommendation for someone to fix a leaky gutter? Needs someone with a head for heights who knows what they’re doing. Rather than the bodger who did it last year. 😒

Looking for recommendations for Driving Instructors please : Nick Junior is 17 soon and looking to get his licence out of the way

Hi, must admit I've just joined because I need an electrian for Coldharbour Lane. I've seen Sparkybird's name mentioned, but have no idea how to get hold of her

Condensor tumble dryer is not working.

It works but stops after a few minutes with the water tank full light flashing.

It was working this morning but not drying well so cleaned filters etc.

When I put it back together keep getting the above fault. Even though the water tank is empty.

Its a few years old. Hoover. Ive looked it up on internet and it could be several issues.

Anyone know someone who repairs them?

It was a cheaper model. So dont know if cost of repairing it is more than fixing it.

Condensor tumble dryer is not working.

It works but stops after a few minutes with the water tank full light flashing.

It was working this morning but not drying well so cleaned filters etc.

When I put it back together keep getting the above fault. Even though the water tank is empty.

Its a few years old. Hoover. Ive looked it up on internet and it could be several issues.

Anyone know someone who repairs them?

It was a cheaper model. So dont know if cost of repairing it is more than fixing it.
I can sympathise - but need more radical help myself.
My own washer/dryer conked out with apparent bearing failure right at the beginning of the Covid lock-down in March.
All the more galling when I get those regular calls from Bangalore asking me to renew my non-existent policy from Domestic and General Insurance.
These guys are totally stumped if you tell them you have faulty washing machine which has been dead for nine months.

Currently I chose between chucking stuff out or washing by hand.
Fortunately when one of my younger brothers had to stay for a year during a tricky divorce he invested in a clothes-drying frame.

Hi Gramsci
Regarding your tumble dryer, give Steve at London spin doctor a call. He's Brixton based. I've used him and many of my customers, all very happy. If it's really knackered he'll tell you straight up.

Hi Gramsci
Regarding your tumble dryer, give Steve at London spin doctor a call. He's Brixton based. I've used him and many of my customers, all very happy. If it's really knackered he'll tell you straight up.

Thanks. Ive emailed him with the model and the problem.

Done everything I can see. Cleaned the condensor/ filter and checked the water tank is empty.

Looking it up on internet and could be electrical fault. Part not working.

But I dont know enough to say.

Hi All, I'm based in Camberwell and we're looking at having a new bathroom fitted. Does anyone have any recommendations for someone who could help us out?

Thanks!

Hi,

Anyone have suggestions for a local tradesman who can install a cooker hood please?

Thanks in advance

Did you find anyone? Our extractor has broken - again. It's a slightly complex location and we need someone who can recommend the right fan as well as install it.

I’m in need of a plasterer.

Upstairs neighbour had a slow leak and my kitchen ceiling is now being held up with gaffer tape.

The leak has been stopped with a bodge for the time being and they're doing a kitchen refurb soon, so the problem will be dealt with.

Not much point doing my ceiling until that’s all squared away, in case the bodge fails.

They’ve agreed to pay for my repairs. I’d like to have the quote etc all organised so I can get the work started the instant their plumbing is sorted.

I’ve considered waiting til their tradespeople are around and piggyback on that work but on reflection I’d rather be in charge of my own works.

So, can anyone please recommend someone who can strip back and make good a water damaged ceiling please?

Brixton Hill

I’m in need of a plasterer.

Upstairs neighbour had a slow leak and my kitchen ceiling is now being held up with gaffer tape.

The leak has been stopped with a bodge for the time being and they're doing a kitchen refurb soon, so the problem will be dealt with.

Not much point doing my ceiling until that’s all squared away, in case the bodge fails.

They’ve agreed to pay for my repairs. I’d like to have the quote etc all organised so I can get the work started the instant their plumbing is sorted.

I’ve considered waiting til their tradespeople are around and piggyback on that work but on reflection I’d rather be in charge of my own works.

So, can anyone please recommend someone who can strip back and make good a water damaged ceiling please?

Brixton Hill

John Fitzpatrick 07889 413377

Have recommended him a number of number on U75 and everyone has been happy. He’s based just north of Acre Lane.

Back
Top Bottom