Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton tradesmen recommendations: plumbers, electricians, locksmiths, van drivers etc

Can anyone recommend a local "glass cut to size" shop/unit? Just need a small replacement panel for a door (I don't need a glazier). Thanks.

Just walls, ceiling and some window frames painted. Nothing fancy!
I now accept I'm never going to get the time to do it myself, so can anyone recommend a good interior decorator to slap paint all over my walls. Basic job so I'm not looking for pricey aaaaartistes!
Did you get this sorted? I can recommend a Brixton based painter/decorator who does excellent work for a very fair price and is utterly trustworthy. He's done a couple of urbs homes now.

Did you get this sorted? I can recommend a Brixton based painter/decorator who does excellent work for a very fair price and is utterly trustworthy. He's done a couple of urbs homes now.
I've got in touch with John who was recommended here and he's quoted a fair price.

If you need a good, local plumber I can recommend Niko. Called him about a blocked loo and he arrived same day. Quick, efficient and reasonable rates. Niko's number is 07818 607583

Is there a place anywhere near Brixton/Herne Hill that sells sheet materials cut to size, rather than by the whole sheet? Need some bits of ply and 2x2s... Acre Lane Timber will do 2x1s, 2x2s etc... but wont do ply by measure, only by the whole sheet... there used to be a place near Herne Hill Station but its long gone.....

Also is there anywhere locally a community woodworking workshop on hire by the hour/day, etc..?

Any tips much appreciated.... Tnx!!

Is there a place anywhere near Brixton/Herne Hill that sells sheet materials cut to size, rather than by the whole sheet? Need some bits of ply and 2x2s... Acre Lane Timber will do 2x1s, 2x2s etc... but wont do ply by measure, only by the whole sheet... there used to be a place near Herne Hill Station but its long gone.....

Also is there anywhere locally a community woodworking workshop on hire by the hour/day, etc..?

Any tips much appreciated.... Tnx!!

Morans in Kennington sell sheets of ply and MDF cut to size. Think you have to buy the whole sheet and pay per cut.

I've got in touch with John who was recommended here and he's quoted a fair price.
I took Michael's details from this forum, and he did a cracking job painting most of my flat and more last year. Really responsive and high quality - 07908827255

Hi all - can anyone recommend a good tiler? Nothing extensive, just removing some old tiles from a bathroom and replacing with new. Thanks

Thanks, I will give them a call on Monday.

Acre Lane Timber also do full sheets... ideally I need a shop that will sells offcuts.
Fulham timber will cut to size but you pay per full sheet.

Depending what size and how many offcuts you want, ebay and gumtree can sometimes be worth a look.

I need to add ventilation to the bathroom, need a simple cheap solution, any suggestions are very welcome, anyone that can do this for me please contact me!!

I think there are two options:

1 - to move the hinge on this window to the bottom, so it opens downwards; I would add some sort of stopper so it does not open all the way. Any suggestions how to do this myself / anyone that can do this for me for reasonable fee?
WhatsApp Image 2019-08-01 at 12.22.01_resize.jpeg

2 - to take the glass to the glass shop to drill through 100mm hole and add permanent vent from both sides, something like the one in the photo. Any suggestions on this?
51Qcj0ukRiL._SL1006_.jpg
Currently window opens to the right, it is not convenient and can not leave it open so stays closed most of time.

Thanks!!

I need to add ventilation to the bathroom, need a simple cheap solution, any suggestions are very welcome, anyone that can do this for me please contact me!!

I think there are two options:

1 - to move the hinge on this window to the bottom, so it opens downwards; I would add some sort of stopper so it does not open all the way. Any suggestions how to do this myself / anyone that can do this for me for reasonable fee?
View attachment 179517

2 - to take the glass to the glass shop to drill through 100mm hole and add permanent vent from both sides, something like the one in the photo. Any suggestions on this?
View attachment 179518
Currently window opens to the right, it is not convenient and can not leave it open so stays closed most of time.

Thanks!!
Does the trickle vent at the top of the window work (sometimes people don't realise what they are)?

Locally based gas safe plumber, anyone?

(Simply to reconnect a gas hob)

Not brixton based but works in the area
Mark Newlove
07971 824567
Newgasboilers.com

He has fitted 2 boilers for me ( in different places ) and now use him for annual service, safety certs etc

However, if it is a new hob, why not pay the seller their fitting fee - normally a bit cheaper

Back
Top Bottom