Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton tradesmen recommendations: plumbers, electricians, locksmiths, van drivers etc

Local and with an interest in Lambeth issues but has been threatening to retire
View attachment 181641

Peter came this morning and looked at my Vaillant boiler at very short notice - he's great, professional and highly recommended- explaining what needed to be done. Note he does repairs and servicing rather than replacements.

He's got a new mobile number, which has replaced the one advertised on his website - 07474120898 - Peter Lennard

Mark newlove
newgasboilers@gmail.com
07971 824567

Does heating (boilers, rads etc) but don’t think he stoops to other types of plumbing

ETA. Have just seen I’ve mentioned him twice before on this thread. I’m not affiliated, honest

organicpanda
Dan Pharo is based in Dartford and only does boiler installs, this was a straightforward like for like replacement for a Valiant Boiler in a 3 bed flat, it had lasted 14 years without more than a couple of minor breakdowns - highly recommendedHi Dan
Thanks for this.
Could you please confirm the price of £2185 includes VAT and any discounts available....
If so please can you book us in at your earliest available date to fit the Vaillant 832 with Magnetic filter

Kind regards
R

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 at 10:53, D Pharo Gas Services Vaillant Installer <dpharogs@gmail.com> wrote:

To install Vaillant ecoTEC plus 832 with boiler protection kit (magnetic filter) to apply for 10 year warranty
£2185.00
To install Ideal logic max 30 with magnetic filter to apply for 10 year warranty
£1845.00
All systems are to be chemically flushed in accordance with manufactures instructions. To be paid on completetion via card or cash.
Any questions please get in touch.

organicpanda
Dan Pharo is based in Dartford and only does boiler installs, this was a straightforward like for like replacement for a Valiant Boiler in a 3 bed flat, it had lasted 14 years without more than a couple of minor breakdowns - highly recommendedHi Dan
Thanks for this.
Could you please confirm the price of £2185 includes VAT and any discounts available....
If so please can you book us in at your earliest available date to fit the Vaillant 832 with Magnetic filter

Kind regards
R

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 at 10:53, D Pharo Gas Services Vaillant Installer <dpharogs@gmail.com> wrote:
cheers for the info

organicpanda
Thanks for this.

Kind regards
R

cheers for the info

Mark newlove
newgasboilers@gmail.com
07971 824567

Does heating (boilers, rads etc) but don’t think he stoops to other types of plumbing

ETA. Have just seen I’ve mentioned him twice before on this thread. I’m not affiliated, honest
the main thing is the boiler, the other bits and pieces can wait, not freezing my nuts off seems slightly more pressing

Anyone know of a single tradesman or team that could rip out a fireplace, brick up and then re-plaster/ fit new skirting board where fireplace once was?

Does anyone know of a local company or trader who would be able to cap off the gas and electricity of a range cooker and remove it?
Many thanks in anticipation ; )

Good and reliable local plasterer required for skimming walls and ceilings in prep for painting. Must be available for work in next couple of weeks.

Any recommendations?

Hi all, I’ve moved out of Tulse Hill so a bit out of the loop, but I’m looking for a reliable general handyman in the local area to fix a few small bits in my flat for my tenants. Potentially someone who might be up for doing the odd bit here and there for a retainer, or at least someone who’s near enough by that it’s worth their while even if it’s a small job. I think a few of the other owners in the building are also after someone reliable, so be good to find someone who I could then recommend!

Any tips on getting a skip for home. I have a drive.

Any local providers good?

Value for money?

All new to me.
I used Latham skips in Sydenham about 18 months ago. They've got a wide catchment area. They were reliable and no problems. Can't remember the cost, but I rang around for a couple of quotes.

Try to avoid the situation where they dump it on your drive, you fill it up, they take it away and there's a hole in your drive where it was sitting.
Or where you point out a stop cock and above ground tap and tell them to drop it anywhere other than on top of that; and you return home to find the garden under 6 inches of water.

Try to avoid the situation where they dump it on your drive, you fill it up, they take it away and there's a hole in your drive where it was sitting.
A friend of a friend hired a skip in Belfast. Some fly tippers came and put loads of stuff in it so he filled it while he still had stuff to dump. He got the idea to set fire to what was in it. Great, lots of it all compacto into ash, he filled it back up and called the skip man.
What he didn’t know was that the fire had melted the asphalt and the skip has got stuck to the driveway so it couldn’t be lifted by the lorry. He had to pay the skip man the cost of a new skip, his rubbish didn’t get taken away and he left it there for eighteen months when he finally sorted it all out with a new driveway, a second skip to put the contents of the first one in and who knows what happened to the melted skip once it was chiseled out.

A friend of a friend hired a skip in Belfast. Some fly tippers came and put loads of stuff in it so he filled it while he still had stuff to dump. He got the idea to set fire to what was in it. Great, lots of it all compacto into ash, he filled it back up and called the skip man.
What he didn’t know was that the fire had melted the asphalt and the skip has got stuck to the driveway so it couldn’t be lifted by the lorry. He had to pay the skip man the cost of a new skip, his rubbish didn’t get taken away and he left it there for eighteen months when he finally sorted it all out with a new driveway, a second skip to put the contents of the first one in and who knows what happened to the melted skip once it was chiseled out.

oops...

Back
Top Bottom