Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton tradesmen recommendations: plumbers, electricians, locksmiths, van drivers etc

My electric water (immersion?) heater is on the blink, can anyone recommend (I assume) an electrician.....or would it be a plumber, to sort it out?

Last edited:
Hi

I am looking for a good plumber who could replace the off peak heating element in my economy 7 heating cylinder. The main part of the job is clearing out the limescale from the cylinder and then inserting a high quality element.

The element has split open twice in the last 18 months. I've had two different local plumbers come in and replace it each time but because they haven't cleaned out the limescale properly the elements have failed soon after. The most recent element to fail was a £60 titanium element.

I am hoping third time lucky!

Thanks for any recommendations.

Rich

Try Robert on 07868 561543 (Double R Plumbing) He sorted the electic water system problem I had above, he was fast and reliable, happy to recommend him and his work. He's based in Stockwell.

Evening all
Am looking for a stone mason to carry out repairs to Victorian pillars on the exterior of my parents house
Have contacted a few already but none have seemed interested. Hoping there is a local stone mason around?
Thanks

I’m looking for a plasterer to fix a crack which has appeared in my interior wall. Any recommendations?

I now accept I'm never going to get the time to do it myself, so can anyone recommend a good interior decorator to slap paint all over my walls. Basic job so I'm not looking for pricey aaaaartistes!

I have a small vintage lighting business and I find myself in need of a good local electrician who can rewire and PAT test old lamps etc. Any recommendations?

Can anyone recommend builders who are good, reliable and reasonably-priced who can do structural work ?

I need a small extension built and chimney breasts taken out, so it's the type of thing beyond the skill set of just handyman-types.

Any recommendations gratefully received. Thanks.

Bump.

Anyone able to recommend decent reliable and reasonably-priced builders who could do a bit of structural work ?

I'm struggling to find any that people will recommend (all my neighbours have had bad experiences with the ones they used !).

Thanks.

Can anyone recommend builders who are good, reliable and reasonably-priced who can do structural work ?

I need a small extension built and chimney breasts taken out, so it's the type of thing beyond the skill set of just handyman-types.

Any recommendations gratefully received. Thanks.

Bump.

Anyone able to recommend decent reliable and reasonably-priced builders who could do a bit of structural work ?

I'm struggling to find any that people will recommend (all my neighbours have had bad experiences with the ones they used !).

Thanks.
What do you need? Try checkatrade for recommended folk but feel free to PM me for an idiot check

So need to replace a gas oven with an electric or dual fuel. Currently the electric is not set up with a cooker circuit - so I need one
Will need a qualified sparks to install and safety certify the circuit (Part P certified electrician apparently)

Any recommendations ?
and any indications of likely cost (the main circuit board is in a cupboard next to where the cooker will go so minimal "chasing" etc and only one hole in cupboard needing to be cut)?

thx

Edit to add: sparkybird , is this one for you? Fancy doing it?

So need to replace a gas oven with an electric or dual fuel. Currently the electric is not set up with a cooker circuit - so I need one
Will need a qualified sparks to install and safety certify the circuit (Part P certified electrician apparently)

Any recommendations ?
and any indications of likely cost (the main circuit board is in a cupboard next to where the cooker will go so minimal "chasing" etc and only one hole in cupboard needing to be cut)?

thx

Edit to add: sparkybird , is this one for you? Fancy doing it?

Ben Blake 07949 585079

(If SB doesn’t want it)

Back
Top Bottom