Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton tradesmen recommendations: plumbers, electricians, locksmiths, van drivers etc

I’m in need of a plasterer.

Upstairs neighbour had a slow leak and my kitchen ceiling is now being held up with gaffer tape.

The leak has been stopped with a bodge for the time being and they're doing a kitchen refurb soon, so the problem will be dealt with.

Not much point doing my ceiling until that’s all squared away, in case the bodge fails.

They’ve agreed to pay for my repairs. I’d like to have the quote etc all organised so I can get the work started the instant their plumbing is sorted.

I’ve considered waiting til their tradespeople are around and piggyback on that work but on reflection I’d rather be in charge of my own works.

So, can anyone please recommend someone who can strip back and make good a water damaged ceiling please?

Brixton Hill
Hi, I've used JP Plastering many times, and they have many recommendations on the east dulwich forum. Super reliable, friendly, and works quickly too! Contact number is: 07905044912

Can anyone recommend someone to replace some wooden decking and stairs?. It's not a big enough job for a gardening company but a carpenter would be able to do it.

Can anyone recommend someone who fix two kitchen drawers ? I would like to have the existing drawer fronts fitted to new drawer boxes. I'm in central Brixton

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpeg
    IMG_0005.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 6
Can anyone recommend an electrician to check my cooker connection, install new junction box and reconnect built-in hob & oven?

Brixton Hill / Clapham Park

Can anyone recommend local drop IT support?

Latest Windows 10 update has lost me my Bluetooth. Again. Have half heartedly tried a few solutions and need someone competent to sort it before I launch my laptop out the actual window...

Can anyone recommend local drop IT support?

Latest Windows 10 update has lost me my Bluetooth. Again. Have half heartedly tried a few solutions and need someone competent to sort it before I launch my laptop out the actual window...
Woo! I repaired it!
But IT support suggestions for next time appreciated...

Did you get this sorted? I can recommend a Brixton based painter/decorator who does excellent work for a very fair price and is utterly trustworthy. He's done a couple of urbs homes now.
Hey Mango5 - I'm in need of some painting and decorating - can you share the recommendation? AKA

PM sent.
While I'm here can anyone recommend a repair shop for small electrical appliances. I've got a waffle maker with a dodgy cable that needs more competent attention than we can give it.

PM sent.
While I'm here can anyone recommend a repair shop for small electrical appliances. I've got a waffle maker with a dodgy cable that needs more competent attention than we can give it.

just saw this post, youre probably sorted by now but if not and for future reference

Seeking a bathroom fitter/good handyman to help me rectify a badly installed shower unit. Might be a day or two's work max so easy to fit in between things ...

just saw this post, youre probably sorted by now but if not and for future reference
PM sent.
RJ Electrical Supplies in Herne Hill does small repairs, they just fixed a vacuum cleaner for me for £50

Can anyone recommend me an electrician please? To sink some electric sockets into wall, v straightforward. LJ area. Thanks

My recommendations list:

Builders - Bright Tiger Builders 02082994811
Gardeners - Kate Eyre 07976916318
Cleaners - Aleksandra 11 07902836556
Garage - KwikFit
GP - Tessa Jowell
Dentist - Half Moon Dental
Security - Yale

Had my cat Toby's claws clipped today by a lovely man called Tony. He has a cat/dog groomers business called The Loyalty Groomers in Shakespeare Rd. Was really happy as he didn't charge me a bean to do it. Toby wasn't too happy at all being dropped into the cat carrier. And I almost didn't go he was making such a fuss. But I'm glad I did. His claws badly needed clipping. And no way was he going to let me near them.

Roofer, anyone?
Ideally experienced with flat EPDM (rubber) roofing?
Had some really crap roofer experiences over the past couple of years so only recommendations who you were truly happy with!

Back
Top Bottom