Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton 'Splash' 2017 street festival - news and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you are not black so your rants on racism are of no consequence to Black people period.

I haven't claimed they're of consequence, Mr J. You really should stop constructing your arguments around your assumptions, and start building them around facts: I haven't ranted. The only person frothing at the mouth vehemently is you.

As I said earlier, try harder.

Your assertion here is way out of line. For a start, I'm not white, I'm not scared of black men, nor do I think they are inherently violent.

I didn't say you I was talking about you specifically. rather the wider audience and please we all know that white accusations of violent black men are routine and ubiquitous.

I haven't claimed they're of consequence, Mr J. You really should stop constructing your arguments around your assumptions, and start building them around facts: I haven't ranted. The only person frothing at the mouth vehemently is you.

As I said earlier, try harder.
This is a fact free zone son are you're the chief non fact finder general.

I didn't say you I was talking about you specifically. rather the wider audience and please we all know that white accusations of violent black men are routine and ubiquitous.

That's convenient. You were responding to a question I asked but not referring to me. OK.

I agree with your statements about white fear of black male violence but don't try to put that on me.

That's convenient. You were responding to a question I asked but not referring to me. OK.

I agree with your statements about white fear of black male violence but don't try to put that on me.

Convenient? Trust me if I thought that about you ...I'd have no compulsion about putting it on you. I don't ... so end off.

Anyway, as much fun as this is, I have to pop out for a few hours to collect my Yuletide medication from the pharmacy, and visit the post office. Later!

I may rejoin the board and make sure it happens this year.
Do you think the current board can make it happen? What are the main obstacles?

I've a vague memory of there now being two competing groups claiming the event...can anyone summarise that?

Despite all the hoo har.. the remains one board and one Brixton Splash Ltd. Ms Griffiths supported by the Labour Council are purporting to have some sort of copyright on the name. Thats factually incorrect and so the Council and Ms Griffiths are struggling to find way of claiming ownership or oust the current board. They will fail and the Council will be left with a decision to make. The actually Board published a warning letter about all of this, which was incredibly silly and stupid thing to do in my view and at the moment there is a stand off. The event plan will need to be submitted and agreed by March latest so we will have to see what happens.

I wonder no such thing because it never happens. I am well supported by my community would you like me to post some pictures demonstrating as much? Happy to prove your wrong, again. Jeez and this ones faking multicultural lingoism.

You're only 'well supported in your own community' in your own tiny little brain. Let's not forget your lost deposit in Croydon North. Shouldn't you be chasing funding somewhere rather than embarrassing yourself on this thread? You're coming across as a thick nutter.

You're only 'well supported in your own community' in your own tiny little brain. Let's not forget your lost deposit in Croydon North. Shouldn't you be chasing funding somewhere rather than embarrassing yourself on this thread? You're coming across as a thick nutter.

The time when white people like you could determine who is and is not a genuine representative of the black community is done. over, kaput, finished.

As for Croydon North, fought a by election called at three weeks notice, has a budget of 5k and given the circumstances I gave it my best shot.

Despite all the hoo har.. the remains one board and one Brixton Splash Ltd. Ms Griffiths supported by the Labour Council are purporting to have some sort of copyright on the name. Thats factually incorrect and so the Council and Ms Griffiths are struggling to find way of claiming ownership or oust the current board. They will fail and the Council will be left with a decision to make. The actually Board published a warning letter about all of this, which was incredibly silly and stupid thing to do in my view and at the moment there is a stand off. The event plan will need to be submitted and agreed by March latest so we will have to see what happens.

There are 2 UK trade mark registrations, one owned personally by Ros Griffiths and one by Brixton Splash Ltd:

https://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmtext/Results

Last edited:
You know more than me then. I did press the link and it failed. Tried to search BS and it came up zero. Can you assist ?

Yes. It means they have the exclusive right to use the name on the goods/services covered unless their registrations are invalidated.

The time when white people like you could determine who is and is not a genuine representative of the black community is done. over, kaput, finished.

You seem to have unilaterally decided that you're a 'genuine representative of the black community'. I don't believe you've ever been elected as such.

You seem to have unilaterally decided that you're a 'genuine representative of the black community'. I don't believe you've ever been elected as such.

Pardon? I get elected every year to one or another organisation or movement. Like I say, white people don't get to decide who our leaders are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom