Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton 'Splash' 2017 street festival - news and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
And all this the from the site that published my home address, encouraging racists to attack me and my family and then refused to take it down in March of this year.

So lets examine your thinking here. You believe black people are racist to whites. Can you give us some examples and whats your analysis that drives you to that stunning conclusion. Ed can chip here, if he can find his balls this morning. Ed love, their in your kitchen on a plate...
I believe black people *can* be racist towards whites, which is what your question asked. I know my answer is correct because I got it off your blog, which is the most definitive authority on the subject. It says:

in Africa and Asia where black people have power, other ethnic groups, including whites can be subjected to xenophobia and on rare occasion racism itself.

And all this the from the site that published my home address, encouraging racists to attack me and my family and then refused to take it down in March of this year.

It is available on companies house for anyone to find - I just did so easily - assuming that is a residential address.

If you don't want it to be found, register your Directorships elsewhere. You don't have to be registered as a Director at your place of residence - if you have an accountant for example you could use their mailing address. It also cuts down on annoying spam letters from stationary suppliers :D

I use an alternate address to my home and I am not even a high profile public figure.

Did anyone here encourage racists to attack you?

Or rather, "again". Doesn't say a lot to dispel the accusations of political opportunism that are made about you, does it? :D
I believe black people *can* be racist towards whites, which is what your question asked. I know my answer is correct because I got it off your blog, which is the most definitive authority on the subject. It says:
A disingenuous reply. As a black British man I cant be racist as accused by Ed and some here.

It is available on companies house for anyone to find - I just did so easily - assuming that is a residential address.

If you don't want it to be found, register your Directorships elsewhere. You don't have to be registered as a Director at your place of residence - if you have an accountant for example you could use their mailing address. It also cuts down on annoying spam letters from stationary suppliers :D

I use an alternate address to my home and I am not even a high profile public figure.

Did anyone here encourage racists to attack you?

The facts is Ed was told to take it down and he refused. Id say your site is slightly more popular than CompanyHouse and Farage doesn't openly encourage racist attacks either. The point is posting peoples personal details is against your so called 'rules' and despite a complaint being made they were not removed. Given the vitriol and racism on here I felt both intimidated and fearful as did my family as a result.

Sophistry, Ah so you agree then my happy student, that black people in the UK and EU cannot be racist.

Im still waiting for anyone to come out and take up my offer to sensibly debate Brixton Splash and or my political credibility/relevance in public or indeed why this U75 is a virtual no go area for black people. Are there any takers?

Sophistry, Ah so you agree then my happy student, that black people in the UK and EU cannot be racist.
You are the student here. You need to learn that you have to be careful how you word things on urban75 because people can unpick them when you're being disingenuous. The only way you can get around this is by being a moderator and banning people from arguing with you. Maybe you should volunteer to join the mod team?

Im still waiting for anyone to come out and take up my offer to sensibly debate Brixton Splash and or my political credibility/relevance in public or indeed why this U75 is a virtual no go area for black people. Are there any takers?
All debates on here are in public. Why not start a thread called "Is urban75 a virtual no-go area for black people"?

You are the student here. You need to learn that you have to be careful how you word things on urban75 because people can unpick them when you're being disingenuous. The only way you can get around this is by being a moderator and banning people from arguing with you. Maybe you should volunteer to join the mod team?

Really? why because everyone's else language on this site is so forensically precise...nice to know you pick your targets so selectively.

All debates on here are in public. Why not start a thread called "Is urban75 a virtual no-go area for black people"?

More sophistry and you need black people for such a debate. Another idea is to post this debate on a popular black web site and have the debate there.

* Tumbleweed *

Err you need black people for such a debate. Another idea is to post this debate on a popular black web site and have the debate there.

Why don't you do that, then, and give us a link so we can see what people are saying. I'd certainly be interested to hear those viewpoints.

Im intending to write an article in the New Year and incite that debate. In the meantime Im still waiting for anyone to take my offer of a public debate in Brixton to have a genuine debate on these issues and so far all Ive found is insult, refusal, prevarication, sophistry and political cowardice. Why is it that peoples opinions on here are sooo strong and yet literally no one, who is willing to come out from behind they're anonymous tags and keyboards and come and debate with me in front of a Brixton audience?

Why don't you do that, then, and give us a link so we can see what people are saying. I'd certainly be interested to hear those viewpoints.

And one has to ask U75 why does it take a black man to address the fact that this site is failing to reflect Brixton and highlight issues of racism as it affect Black Brixtonians ?

I think overall they're probably very weak people, the kind of MSM keyboard warriors with plenty of annoymous mouth and no real courage or conviction. If you have no black support its because youre not reflecting the issues and concerns of black people. Simples we vote with our feet.

They are brave enough to speak from behind a mask but because they know deep down their views at least on theses topics would not be generally supported if debated in the real world, so they prefer the quiet and cowardly anonymity of this self reinforcing small internet clique. Thats disingenuous and because their views on race and racism are so out of line, they steer clear of the debate in anything other than tokenistic, paternalistic or patronising terms

At least I am prepared to stand up and say what I believe and prepared to defend my views publicly, these people run when the light of transparency and accountability is shone upon them. I see you moved on from your selective demand for forensic use of language. You guys make me laugh...

Last edited:
I think overall they're probably very weak people, the kind of MSM keyboard warriors with plenty of annoymous mouth and no real courage or conviction. If you have no black support its because your not reflecting the issues and concerns of black people. Simples we vote with our feet.

They are brave enough to speak from behind a mask but because they know deep down their views at least on theses topics would not be generally supported if debated in the real world, so they prefer the quiet and cowardly anonymity of this self reinforcing small internet clique. Thats disingenuous and because their views on race and racism are so out of line, they steer clear of the debate in anything other than tokenistic, paternalistic or patronising terms

At least I am prepared to stand up and say what I believe and prepared to defend my views publicly, these people run when the light of transparency and accountability is shone upon them. I see you moved on from your selective demand for forensic use of language. You guys make me laugh...

Here's why I think online debates are in many ways superior to so called "real life" debates in many ways. To do well in a real-life debate you need to be a confident and practised public speaker and that's not an ability most people have. Someone like you (assuming you're the real Lee Jasper) would obviously have the advantage because this is something you do all the time. Online debates give people who don't have that confidence and practice a chance to speak. It gives people who don't happen to have been in positions of power and influence - say, like people who have never been an adviser to the Mayor of Europe's largest city - to have their say. It's much more difficult for shouty people to talk over others in an online debate. Also, everything is recorded in writing for everyone to see so it's much more difficult for people to claim they didn't say something, or move the subject of debate away from something that isn't going well for them. The discussion can be conducted whilst everyone has fairly good access to information, which allows some level of fact-checking as you go along. Again, very difficult in a live debate, and people can get away with making claims that aren't challenged because their opponents don't have the ability to check them out in real time. Finally, everyone can read the debate, rather than just the people who happen to be available to attend a meeting at a certain place and time.

There's possibly an issue with anonymity, but I think it's outweighed by all the benefits I list above. And this is also something you can't use against the editor because his real life identity is not hidden and he frequently interacts with lots of people in real life.

Anyway, what exactly are these views on racism, which you believe predominate on urban75, and which are "so out of line"?

Here's why I think online debates are in many ways superior to so called "real life" debates in many ways. To do well in a real-life debate you need to be a confident and practised public speaker and that's not an ability most people have. Someone like you (assuming you're the real Lee Jasper) would obviously have the advantage because this is something you do all the time. Online debates give people who don't have that confidence and practice a chance to speak. It gives people who don't happen to have been in positions of power and influence - say, like people who have never been an adviser to the Mayor of Europe's largest city - to have their say. It's much more difficult for shouty people to talk over others in an online debate. Also, everything is recorded in writing for everyone to see so it's much more difficult for people to claim they didn't say something, or move the subject of debate away from something that isn't going well for them. The discussion can be conducted whilst everyone has fairly good access to information, which allows some level of fact-checking as you go along. Again, very difficult in a live debate, and people can get away with making claims that aren't challenged because their opponents don't have the ability to check them out in real time. Finally, everyone can read the debate, rather than just the people who happen to be available to attend a meeting at a certain place and time.

There's possibly an issue with anonymity, but I think it's outweighed by all the benefits I list above. And this is also something you can't use against the editor because his real life identity is not hidden and he frequently interacts with lots of people in real life.

Anyway, what exactly are these views on racism, which you believe predominate on urban75, and which are "so out of line"?

None of that is true of Ed he's a pubic figure, so why wont he step up?

As for the other points, yes I take that on board and Im an advocate of digital democracy, but its also true that racism has exploded on the webasphere and black people, Muslims and women among others, pay a heavy price for this anonymous privilege that by and large is being used to prosecute an overwhelming negative, racist, sexist, reactionary agenda.

Its seems a black man can be called racist ion U75 without a word raised in anger.

That you have to ask this question after reading this thread is also I think part of the problem. Your views about the internet being a place where people find it more difficult to make false claims is not supported by the facts.

The internet thrives on the repetition of false claims and ignored truths, so what about those who equally cant take the online cyber bullies, racist, mysognisits and xenophobes?

Last edited:
The facts is Ed was told to take it down and he refused. Id say your site is slightly more popular than CompanyHouse and Farage doesn't openly encourage racist attacks either. The point is posting peoples personal details is against your so called 'rules' and despite a complaint being made they were not removed. Given the vitriol and racism on here I felt both intimidated and fearful as did my family as a result.

it's not my site. i am just a poster like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom