Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

No idea what your daughter means by priveledge there, they seem quite ordinary sorts of kids to me, but what do I know. They teach them how to be activists (is that a priveledge?) and I think that is fab, because we just had to muddle through and make it up as we went. Only assume your daughter has not met many really priveledged public school arseholes maybe?
Privilege(d)-such a difficult and confusing word....

I got notification from my son's school to say that there is an incident on Brixton Hill, but has given no more details.

This tweet says there's a stabbing.

Bit of an odd Twitter source that one.
Met and press have not provided any info at all.

Any witnesses to the stabbing to death of a woman on Stockwell Park Walk, a short walk from Brixton Police station, just after 4.00 p.m. this afternoon are asked to call 101 quoting CAD 4728/01May. To remain anonymous contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

It seems inappropriate to like this post but if they've got the right guy then at least that's one pathetic piece of shit off the streets.
Without wanting to make any excuses for this horrific act, probably best to remember there is a possibility that the perpetrator may have been "mad" rather than "bad", and both are victims of the overstretch of local mental health services.

Any witnesses to the stabbing to death of a woman on Stockwell Park Walk, a short walk from Brixton Police station, just after 4.00 p.m. this afternoon are asked to call 101 quoting CAD 4728/01May. To remain anonymous contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

70529597-12042197-She_had_been_out_to_buy_a_present_and_was_returning_home_for_a_b-m-2_1683130437637.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

Condolences to the friends and family of sickle cell charity founder, The Late Johanita Dogbey.

I just read that her attacker slashed three other people on Town Hall Parade and Acre Lane the same day.
The other attacks were two days earlier on Saturday. Rather disconcerting that they seem to have attracted no attention at the time.

WTF?

I can only think that the Saturday attacks weren’t reported at the time (which is itself concerning). If they were then hard questions need to be asked.

Wow!

That reminds me of the thunderclap which happened very shortly after the nail bomb went off. Sent everyone diving to the ground!

Interesting article from a special constable at Brixton police station and rather good end quote - sounds v believable and obviously 25% is far far too high.

I asked my partner how she saw her colleagues. “Fifty per cent of officers are good,” she said, “25% are truly excellent and 25% are in this job for all the wrong reasons, and they’re the ones the public remember.”

Hey, i've not been to my old stomping grounds of Brixton in literally years now. I used to frequent the Lounge for coffee/beer. I gather that's closed now. Is there somewhere comparable (with nice vibe, and both booze and coffee?)

If not just a chilled coffee spot to meet someone?

Back
Top Bottom