Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

Oh fuck, Ros Griffiths is on C4 News.
Actually her argument was almost universally applicable.
Her ;lived experience indicates there is racism.
Presumably Tony Sewell's is contrary to that.
How about Boris - one assumes his lived experience if anything indicates people always congratulate him for being a shit.

This report exercise is a cynical ploy - just like when Boris's Deputy Mayor for Policing closed down the Police Consultative Group for Lambeth.

Those food waste bins that get blown onto the street any time it's a bit windy, and then get smashed up by passing speeding cars...
It seems now to be impossible to request a new one.

Screenshot 2021-04-01 at 22.01.06.jpgScreenshot 2021-04-01 at 22.01.14.jpg

I haven't selected any containers because you haven't given me any to select from :mad:

Those food waste bins that get blown onto the street any time it's a bit windy, and then get smashed up by passing speeding cars...
It seems now to be impossible to request a new one.

View attachment 261319View attachment 261320

I haven't selected any containers because you haven't given me any to select from :mad:
Some useful advice that I used and was given to me by a lambeth bloke when delivering green garden waste bags

IF you can get the web site going you will see that you can order new green bins and compost bins free of charge (because funded by UK government) but black bins are £57

However, if you phone up and go all polite but middle class on them and claim that the black bin was broken by the bin men then you should be able to get a replacement black bin free (they tried to say that I should have reported it at the time of the damage, but I said I was not in the street to witness the damage ).
According to the lambeth bloke that told me to do this - there is a large warehouse somewhere with about 200,000 new black bins sitting in it

Some useful advice that I used and was given to me by a lambeth bloke when delivering green garden waste bags

IF you can get the web site going you will see that you can order new green bins and compost bins free of charge (because funded by UK government) but black bins are £57

However, if you phone up and go all polite but middle class on them and claim that the black bin was broken by the bin men then you should be able to get a replacement black bin free (they tried to say that I should have reported it at the time of the damage, but I said I was not in the street to witness the damage ).
According to the lambeth bloke that told me to do this - there is a large warehouse somewhere with about 200,000 new black bins sitting in it
Is there anywhere in Lambeth I can get see through recycling plastic bags? They make the most half arsed of efforts at recycling around my area to the point that I often wonder why I'm even bothering...

Try these. (I know you don't live above a shop , but....)

Think your address may be covered by one of the streets mentioned in the above. (not going to mention it here obvs)

order sacks

It looks like the second link will put you into a "computer says" no loop, in which case I suggest a phone call and a polite yet insistent conversation with the pro bugger at the other end that actuals has to work for Lambeth. Start here: (domestic rubbish and recycling team: call 020 7926 9000 and select option 1. ) and have plenty of spare minutes on your call plan

Back
Top Bottom