Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

If anyone knew Jack, the Scottish hair dresser from Atlantics then Tidy on Atlantic Rd. and late of Love Hair, Acre Lane, there will be a gathering outside
Love Hair on Tuesday at 1.45 to pay respects as his hearse will pass the premises at that time. R.I.P.
Oh no! What happened to him?

If anyone knew Jack, the Scottish hair dresser from Atlantics then Tidy on Atlantic Rd. and late of Love Hair, Acre Lane, there will be a gathering outside
Love Hair on Tuesday at 1.45 to pay respects as his hearse will pass the premises at that time. R.I.P.

Oh no that's very sad to hear,

Work finally restarts on the Cherry Groce memorial in central Brixton

Finally - Work finally restarts on the Cherry Groce memorial in Windrush Square, central Brixton

Look up ! There’s a cosmic spectacle overhead, a lazy moon lying back with a bright object either side....👁

(edit....And it’s gone...short and sweet sorry for them what missed it)

(edit 2 back again)

Last edited:
there is the sound of a big sound system and plenty of screaming/cheering going on somewhere on Station Road by the sounds of it

I thought the Black Power programme on BBC Two just now was well put together. I thought Farrukh Dhondy;s description of Darcus Howe as a loose cannon was spot on.
The funny thing about these BBC documentaries is how incestuous they get. Much of the material on Michael X has already been shown recently on the Adam Curtis BBC iplayer megathon called I can't get you out of my head.

I have one major criticism - the narrator used this ghastly yoof-speak glotteral stop type lingo which made me pine for rp.
I was horrified to see in the credits that the narrator was super-star Daniel Kaluuya - which proves he was, as a star actor, putting the accent on for effect.

While I admit I know nothing about childcare, that petition puts forward so many clear and well explained justifications to keep it open, backed up with figures, its hard to understand why Lambeth aren't renewing the lease - seems a crazy decision.

While I admit I know nothing about childcare, that petition puts forward so many clear and well explained justifications to keep it open, backed up with figures, its hard to understand why Lambeth aren't renewing the lease - seems a crazy decision.
Apparently there's some sort of internal dispute going on, with the nursery being caught in the crossfire.

I put in objection to a new premises licensing application recently. Couple of days ago got a phone call from the applicant. I asked where he got my number from. He said the Lambeth website. He assumed I worked for Lambeth Council and wanted to know how his application was going.

I checked Lambeth website and all my details address etc were put up under the application for all to see.

I checked my objections. It clearly said neighbour objection. Ie local resident.

I tried to call Lambeth licensing but got put on hold.

Emailed copying in my local Cllrs. No reply yet.

One of my local Cllrs replied and put in members enquiry.

I've taken screenshot of the Web page.

Imo if one is commenting on planning or licensing ones details should only be seen by Council. Not general public.

I put in objection to a new premises licensing application recently. Couple of days ago got a phone call from the applicant. I asked where he got my number from. He said the Lambeth website. He assumed I worked for Lambeth Council and wanted to know how his application was going.

I checked Lambeth website and all my details address etc were put up under the application for all to see.

I checked my objections. It clearly said neighbour objection. Ie local resident.

I tried to call Lambeth licensing but got put on hold.

Emailed copying in my local Cllrs. No reply yet.

One of my local Cllrs replied and put in members enquiry.

I've taken screenshot of the Web page.

Imo if one is commenting on planning or licensing ones details should only be seen by Council. Not general public.
GDPR breach in there somewhere I imagine

GDPR breach in there somewhere I imagine

I emailed Lambeth licensing requesting they remove my personal data and that this was breach of my privacy.

No answer yet. Despite my local Cllr request a reply. They told my local Cllr about a week for full answer.

I really despair at how Lambeth bureaucracy works sometimes.

All my address and phone number is still up on website.

The twat with the anti-vaccine soundsystem paid a visit to Windrush Square just now. He plays just the one track on repeat. It goes "brothers, sisters, don't take the vaccine". On and on and on. Sometimes he sings along on a microphone. But he was arguably less excruciating than the stupid fucker with a megaphone outside the Ritzy, going on and on about Jeremiah. No peace in the Square today.

What if I were to wreck the anti-vaxxer's speaker with water, on the grounds that he is causing death?

Test and Trace Support Payment

It seems that Lambeth has been acting in a similarly illegal fashion, but as usual they tried to wriggle off the hook. Our estate manager took up the case, and at first Lambeth simply refused to return the money. To cut a long story short, our manager did a great job, and we’re getting the money refunded, with 8% interest.

I think this is the reason that we now all need to pay for our water separately.

I’ve just got £1120 (8% interest for 15 years!) back from the council, which is incredibly handy at the moment.

It’s definitely worth checking whether this might apply to you.

Thousands in line for water payouts

Casaubon How did you manage to get this money refunded? I've been fighting Lambeth council for coming up to a year now. I keep getting fobbed off with the office is closed. So they can't do it. I've got £1000 sitting in my rent account I could use right now.

Casaubon How did you manage to get this money refunded? I've been fighting Lambeth council for coming up to a year now. I keep getting fobbed off with the office is closed. So they can't do it. I've got £1000 sitting in my rent account I could use right now.

I live on the Blenheim Gdns estate, and claiming the money back was surprisingly easy. Our estate manager, Danny Howcroft, collated all the claims and took up the matter on our behalf.

I submitted a claim form and without further chasing I received the money a couple of months later. Having Danny fighting our case probably helped enormously – he’s a really good manager, and doesn’t take any crap from Lambeth.

Lambeth then launched a legal challenge, and suspended payment of any refunds. From what I can tell, their legal challenge is just a cynical attempt at avoiding admission of guilt and delaying refunds. I suspect that the problem is much bigger than they’ve so far admitted.

As far as I know the matter’s still unresolved, and payments still suspended, but I’m not really sure.

Good luck.

I live on the Blenheim Gdns estate, and claiming the money back was surprisingly easy. Our estate manager, Danny Howcroft, collated all the claims and took up the matter on our behalf.

I submitted a claim form and without further chasing I received the money a couple of months later. Having Danny fighting our case probably helped enormously – he’s a really good manager, and doesn’t take any crap from Lambeth.

Lambeth then launched a legal challenge, and suspended payment of any refunds. From what I can tell, their legal challenge is just a cynical attempt at avoiding admission of guilt and delaying refunds. I suspect that the problem is much bigger than they’ve so far admitted.

As far as I know the matter’s still unresolved, and payments still suspended, but I’m not really sure.

Good luck.
Thanks. I emailed the person dealing with it. He just called me. Asked me to resend the claim form. I asked how long it would take and he said we'll deal with it in a week or two. So fingers crossed I might get it this time.

Thanks. I emailed the person dealing with it. He just called me. Asked me to resend the claim form. I asked how long it would take and he said we'll deal with it in a week or two. So fingers crossed I might get it this time.

can i ask you where you got the claim form and who you’re sending it to?

can i ask you where you got the claim form and who you’re sending it to?
I was sent the claim form from Lambeth council in the post.
And I'm returning it to my estate housing office by email.
You can fill in a request for a refund via their website. Just log in or create an account. There's a link to click on to request it.

It’s a beautiful day out there in Brixton. I advise anyone able to go out to go out. If you’re lucky you may here novelty number “Don’ Tek the Vaccine” being played on loop outside the tube. It’s destined to be a comedy classic. “Don tek the vaccine / Eat ginger” etc

I was sent the claim form from Lambeth council in the post.
And I'm returning it to my estate housing office by email.
You can fill in a request for a refund via their website. Just log in or create an account. There's a link to click on to request it.

Can you describe how to find the link on that page or the name of the form please?

Can you describe how to find the link on that page or the name of the form please?
The form is just a rent refund request form. Doesn't have a name or number. I've added a screenshot of the top of mine.
And on the website, the link is under "Useful links" on the left of the page.

Screenshot_20210331_072500.jpg

Screenshot_20210331_072346.jpg

Back
Top Bottom