Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

It's not quite - lido open, tennis courts and other outdoor courts/sports (ie golf) open, kids' sports still allowed. These things make quite a big difference to quite a lot of people.
Outdoor classes are cancelled though I think. Not sure what that means for Lido membership.

Outdoor classes are cancelled though I think. Not sure what that means for Lido membership.

Yes they have confirmed that outdoor classes are cancelled (as they are group activities).

On the app now you can book swims but not exercise classes or gym sessions. Initially, they seemingly also made the mistake of thinking it was the same rules as a full lockdown and cancelled everything, removing everything from the app, only to then put outdoor classes and swims back on when the government Tier 4 rules were posted on the government website and then finally settling on just the swims. Classic Fusion management. :D

With regards to membership, in my experience with Fusion it means that I'm getting stitched up for the 2nd time this year.

If pools are closed I do not understand why churches can stay open.
I was speaking to a older church going lady earlier this week - she was telling me how her church now had max numbers, sitting very spaced out, they weren't allowed to have communion or to sing, or to talk/ mix afterwards. She sounded very sad.

What are the rules for churces now?

I was speaking to a older church going lady earlier this week - she was telling me how her church now had max numbers, sitting very spaced out, they weren't allowed to have communion or to sing, or to talk/ mix afterwards. She sounded very sad.

What are the rules for churces now?

My mum goes to church and she said similar to what you have written. She also goes in the week instead of on Sunday and is often alone or one of very few people.

I think that the rules are unchanged now in Tier 4.

My mum goes to church and she said similar to what you have written. She also goes in the week instead of on Sunday and is often alone or one of very few people.

I think that the rules are unchanged now in Tier 4.
this lady talked of going during the week too. I think she went every day because all of the social groups she attended are closed and the club she used to go to is closed and being used to pack food parcels.

Yes they have confirmed that outdoor classes are cancelled (as they are group activities).

On the app now you can book swims but not exercise classes or gym sessions. Initially, they seemingly also made the mistake of thinking it was the same rules as a full lockdown and cancelled everything, removing everything from the app, only to then put outdoor classes and swims back on when the government Tier 4 rules were posted on the government website and then finally settling on just the swims. Classic Fusion management. :D

With regards to membership, in my experience with Fusion it means that I'm getting stitched up for the 2nd time this year.

I paid for a year’s membership in June 2019. I have no idea when it will expire tbh!

Less Taylor McWilliams and more Southwyck Pantry for 2021 please

Southwyck Pantry community shop in Brixton - in photos

Evening 😃 me and my partner are now staying in london for xmas instead of our plans to go up north 😢 we have no food in for xmas day and was wondering if you can recommend any local businesses that are offering xmas meals (veggie/vegan) takeaways (before the day to heat up/on the day itself). I know cafe van goph were offering a nutroast to pick up but last pickup was today I believe. I know we could go the supermarkets but would rather give our dosh to smaller businesses who actually may need it more.

Evening 😃 me and my partner are now staying in london for xmas instead of our plans to go up north 😢 we have no food in for xmas day and was wondering if you can recommend any local businesses that are offering xmas meals (veggie/vegan) takeaways (before the day to heat up/on the day itself). I know cafe van goph were offering a nutroast to pick up but last pickup was today I believe. I know we could go the supermarkets but would rather give our dosh to smaller businesses who actually may need it more.
I'm in a similar boat so I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Here's a good place to start

Good news for crowd and Covid avoidant shoppers, maybe not so great for the shop staff: Marks & Spencers open from 0600 to midnight :bigeyes: :eek: on Tuesday and Wednesday this week, then I think 'only' 0800 to 1900 Xmas Eve. I have witnessed actual physical fights for the last turkey/stuffing/whatever in the final hours in previous years, but here's hoping nobody gets THAT silly just to round off Pandemic Thunderdome 2020 edition. Plan and stagger your expeditions accordingly.

Good news for crowd and Covid avoidant shoppers, maybe not so great for the shop staff: Marks & Spencers open from 0600 to midnight :bigeyes: :eek: on Tuesday and Wednesday this week, then I think 'only' 0800 to 1900 Xmas Eve. I have witnessed actual physical fights for the last turkey/stuffing/whatever in the final hours in previous years, but here's hoping nobody gets THAT silly just to round off Pandemic Thunderdome 2020 edition. Plan and stagger your expeditions accordingly.

Good, there was a large queue outside M&S earlier, although they werent the only shop with this. No tempers flaring as far as i could see, so far.

There were no queues outside Tesco or Lidl half an hour ago.

M&S seems to have a large queue outside most days, as do most of the mobile phone shops by the tube station.

M&S seems to have a large queue outside most days, as do most of the mobile phone shops by the tube station.

I guess that’s because they sell bleach and toilet paper like the suit case/ bag shop on Atlantic Road does so they suggest they are an essential business.

Oops, I pressed 'report content' by accident. Meant to say I did M&S, the revamped Lidl and big Sainsers before lunchtime today. Just a five min queue for M&S and two mins for Lidl

Back
Top Bottom