Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

Here's a little poem I wrote to commemorate the Lambeth Ho$pital deal. I want an anonymous knife & gun crime unit so thanks for the inspiration! Read in a ded kennedys punky tone

"On the Road to St Tom's'

Bleeding out in Brixton,
Watching the luxury flats flash by your eye,
In the back of an ambulance,
In a traffic jam,
as the 'Golden Hour' ticks away,
Fuk Fuk Fuk
The only word u can $ay'

Edit: Liz Peck replaces PolPot if u wanna join v choros
Rob x
You've already got an anonymous knife and gun crime unit - you don't have to give your name at A and E.

And the LAS response time is what matters. Traffic between here and Kings' isn't really a factor. Paramedics or doctors start treating you as soon as they get to you. What's your interest in gun and knife injuries, and how come you know so little about NHS services?

Where is this anonymous knife and gun crime unit in Brixton ? Hadn't hear of it soz.

This little ditty is from Saturday afternoon at 3pm'ish a few years back, hope u like it x I was walking from Herne Hill to Brixton.

The Railton Ramjam!

Don't go down there,
Tail backs all the way,
Is a total pressure cooker,
Peeps questioning humanity,
Got 2, 133 buses coming up Atlantic Road to plug that shaken bottle of champers

So did they catch the "perps" at any point over the last 9 years?. If they did, then I imagine they would have completed most of their sentences by now

Lambeth Hospital in Brixton is part of Slam and is MH. Kings and St Thomas's not exactly inaccessible and as pointed out paramedics deal with patients in transit.
That said the Brixton site is on prime realestate Thx to gentrification and I can imagine the trust flogging it to bolster the main hospital in Lewisham. Meh.

New Brixton mural

In photos: Chadwick Boseman mural in Pope's Road, Brixton

So did they catch the "perps" at any point over the last 9 years?. If they did, then I imagine they would have completed most of their sentences by now
Stockwell's Shaun Bryan, who was the originally intended target of the attack which paralysed Thusha Kamaleswaran, was himself imprisoned for six years and three months in April 2015.

Nathaniel Grant, who shot Thusha in the chest, was jailed for 17 years for attempted murder at the Old Bailey in April 2012. His accomplices Kazeem Kolawole and Anthony McCalla got 14 years each.

Grant, known as ‘Killa Buzz’, was cleared of an almost identical gangland murder and released from prison just weeks earlier; McCalla was on bail over a vicious fight on a bus and probation staff considered recalling him to prison hours before Thusha was shot; and Kolawole had recently been spared prison for beating a schoolgirl and was wearing an electronic tag while on bail for carrying a knife.

3FCCD4B100000578-0-image-m-14_1493624706027.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

Thusha appeared on national television in May 2017 and stated that her intention was to become a doctor.

No record can be found of any expression of remorse or regret by those responsible for her paralysis or from their families and associates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes. Only the day before I was watching my son play on this slide and ruminating about how often trees fall on them...

IMG_20200907_132028.jpg

Anyway. He seems to like it more now.

There's a very cool bright yellow fungus on the trunk of anyone is interested in such things. ..

So with a 17 year stretch they may be out, or almost out by now.

A google of the girl shows that in 2018 she was still in a wheelchair but "The doctors have told me I could walk in the future, although they don’t know how long it will take."
So that's alright

Fuck Gang culture. Need a lie down, I fear I may be about to come over all "Daily Mail"

Table down, Went down Landor Rd and their selling it for flat$, got pi$$ed of , off 2 kings

Last edited:
If there's any doubt on what's driving the ongoing gentrification of Brixton, the permanent presence of Pop Brixton and Brixton Village as star attractions in the depressing glossy brochures of unaffordable 'urban' lifestyle developments should make it clear.

Behold the latest bullshit for some vile new block at 237 Brixton Hill

1599652966543.png

1599652715678.png

If there's any doubt on what's driving the ongoing gentrification of Brixton, the permanent presence of Pop Brixton and Brixton Village as star attractions in the depressing glossy brochures of unaffordable 'urban' lifestyle developments should make it clear

View attachment 229711

4 uses of the word trendy on one page!

£750k to you sir

Where's that, the old Toyota garage next to the bus depot?

Some of the photos (Electric and Ritzy) look a bit old, and there are typos in the slightly shoddy brochure FWIW

Last edited:
£750k to you sir

Where's that, the old Toyota garage next to the bus depot?

Some of the photos (Electric and Ritzy) look a bit old, and there are typos in the slightly shoddy brochure FWIW
Yes, it’s the old garage but somehow they’ve made the cover photo look like the building is overlooking Brockwell Park (think Cressingham gardens, developers dream) not the A23 beside a bus garage and the glorious South Circular.

I’ve asked to go for a viewing - if only to see the vibrancy first hand and laugh in their faces and say “how much” when they divulge the various pricing.
No reason why everyone with time on their hands shouldn’t do the same

I went there this evening. They are doing a refurbishment. Not sure when it is going to be finished. So its Lidl at Stockwell for me now.

The website now says that the store will be closed for refurbishment until January 2021. Bit annoyed as i have just moved to within a stones throw of it, and being near a Lidl was going to be a major plus.

It must be quite a refurb to be closed for 4 months, are they knocking it down and rebuilding the thing?!

The website now says that the store will be closed for refurbishment until January 2021. Bit annoyed as i have just moved to within a stones throw of it, and being near a Lidl was going to be a major plus.

It must be quite a refurb to be closed for 4 months, are they knocking it down and rebuilding the thing?!
There' a huge car park at the back. Maybe they are putting in a new loading bay or extending the back storage area.

I’ve asked to go for a viewing - if only to see the vibrancy first hand and laugh in their faces and say “how much” when they divulge the various pricing.
No reason why everyone with time on their hands shouldn’t do the same
Probably got those mini sofas and chairs and that.

I witnessed a weird electrical slow-fail in the small hours this morning between Acre Lane/ Brixton Rd / Nursery Road - like a brown-out not a blackout, the lights got dimmer and dimmer over a couple of minutes, then everything cut out completely, then snapped/popped back to life. Affected all of my street inside and out (all the car and home alarms popped off at once, oh joy) some time between 0400 and 0500. Check your freezer's still working, the oven / boiler clock's still on, etc etc...

I witnessed a weird electrical slow-fail in the small hours this morning between Acre Lane/ Brixton Rd / Nursery Road - like a brown-out not a blackout, the lights got dimmer and dimmer over a couple of minutes, then everything cut out completely, then snapped/popped back to life. Affected all of my street inside and out (all the car and home alarms popped off at once, oh joy) some time between 0400 and 0500. Check your freezer's still working, the oven / boiler clock's still on, etc etc...

Same thing happened on Wednesday evening, I wonder if it's related to all the road works for this "G-Network" fibre crap they are putting in and no one wants. Alternatively it could be the power tunnel thing that has a site end of Acre Lane and Kings Avenue. They seem to have smashed a water mains this week already.

Back
Top Bottom