Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

I didn't have anything to buy there so didn't try to get into the shop, but I imagine it would have been difficult and intimidating.
What was it about a peaceful demonstration of predominantly middle-aged people that was so "intimidating" for your imagination?

No - that’s where personal bikes should be, they’d be much better off further up that side of the alley where there aren’t bike racks or marked bays on streets.

I’m all for hire e-bikes but they should should take space from motorists rather than pedestrians & other cyclists.
Bike.Lime.parkedOnRoad.2024-08-13.JPG

Why not encourage bicycles to park like this, i.e. do they have to be clustered together in allocated bays? - as a cyclist, parking on the road is often more convenient, as it's closer to my destination/home rather than have to park in a bay some way away

Yes, you could simply say that anywhere allocated as car parking can also be used by these bikes. But perhaps that would make it too complicated for their system to check whether the bikes were left in acceptable locations.

View attachment 437957

Why not encourage bicycles to park like this, i.e. do they have to be clustered together in allocated bays? - as a cyclist, parking on the road is often more convenient, as it's closer to my destination/home rather than have to park in a bay some way away
I actually parked a lime like this by my house and the app dinged me for illegal parking. I rang them and gave them a bollocking. 20 minutes of my life I won’t get back, but they “took it off my record”. Crap having California run this.

Harvest Festival
I think this would be an interesting revival: Beating the bounds - Wikipedia
Would give local societies and Lambeth Council something to do around May time.
Currently everything seems weighted towards September

Looks like there's a new attempt to cut short the 45 bus.

Looks like there's a new attempt to cut short the 45 bus.

This looks quite good no? A bus straight into central London would be very beneficial and this means another route to Kings.

This looks quite good no? A bus straight into central London would be very beneficial and this means another route to Kings.
It's cutting the 45 short so that it stops at Camberwell instead of going to Elephant, so a link towards central London is lost. By another route to Kings do you mean for people in Streatham & southwards?

It's cutting the 45 short so that it stops at Camberwell instead of going to Elephant, so a link towards central London is lost. By another route to Kings do you mean for people in Streatham & southwards?
Aquino misread it that the 118 was being extended rather than replaced by the 45.

The 45 as a route from Clapham Park into central London never made much sense - having the 59 do that would be a benefit for people on Clapham Park.

there was police in white overalls on loughborough park at the house next to the school opposite the park, not sure what is going on a fair amount of people standing around and talking though (the house with the caravan in the garden for anyone local)

B S W Go fund me.
Interesting. They are seeking help with legal costs because they are having their trademark challenged by US based "Brixton LLC" - who are primarily a lifestyle clothing brand which is sold in the UK. I'm no expert but suspect that the americans might have a valid claim if they have registered the name here?

Winot ?

Interesting. They are seeking help with legal costs because they are having their trademark challenged by US based "Brixton LLC" - who are primarily a lifestyle clothing brand which is sold in the UK. I'm no expert but suspect that the americans might have a valid claim if they have registered the name here?

Winot ?
Thanks for the tag Rushy

Brixton LLC does have UK trade mark registrations e.g.

I'll send a message to Brixton Street Wear offering free legal advice. For obvious reasons I won't discuss the rights/wrongs of the case on the open boards.

Mr C and Jumping Jack Frost are also on the case.

Hope it works out for them but can't say it looks too promising.

edit: doesn't look like facebook link worked. oh well.

Looks like TFL had a go at rationalising routes 12 and 148 in 2022 and failed.
Maybe users of Dulwich Library have more clout than humble Brixtonians!

PS I'm fine with the 45/118 proposal - a direct route to the Holland Tringham as an alternative to the Kentish Drover (the Beehive being so crap when it comes to the CAMRA department).

Posting but may be elsewhere here

Last edited:
Brixton Street Wear has just been featured on BBC Breakfast.

E2A - article started at 07:50am - it's on the iPlayer.
Is the US company with a similar name taking the fucking piss?
BRIXTON IS HERE! SOUTH LONDON! They do not own the name! End off!

Back
Top Bottom