Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

Following attempts to raise the profile of historic sexual abuse in the Brixton area, as well as nationwide, local paedophile, "music producer & sound engineer", Everton Grossett, becomes the latest contributor to the ongoing prisons overcrowding crisis after being convicted and sentenced for rape, one count of indecent assault, and another count of indecent assault in relation to five separate incidents, resulting in a sentence of six years and eight months' imprisonment.

Local paedophile Everton Grossett apparently has his own children, aged 12 and 17, and the mother of those children submitted a positive character reference, describing him as 'an exceptional father':

0_Untitled-design-2024-07-19T092209844.png

(Source: TikTok)

Brixton musician raped girl, 13, on her birthday and warned her 'to be quiet' (Warning: Report contains details of paedophile Everton Grossett's crimes)

Anybody else had this healthcare scam?

Somewhat alarmingly the chap who called me had a bog standard London accent - despite the Manchester number.
"Do you realise you are entitled to a free NHS alarm pendant? You wouldn't want to be left alone in your house if something happened... etc etc"

I did try to reassure the man that we need Putin' permission to have a routine blood test round here - but he didn't stop, which makes me think he was either deaf or a tape recorded spiel.

Anybody else had this healthcare scam?

Somewhat alarmingly the chap who called me had a bog standard London accent - despite the Manchester number.
"Do you realise you are entitled to a free NHS alarm pendant? You wouldn't want to be left alone in your house if something happened... etc etc"

I did try to reassure the man that we need Putin' permission to have a routine blood test round here - but he didn't stop, which makes me think he was either deaf or a tape recorded spiel.
How does the scam work? Is it just getting your details? Seeing who is elderly/vulnerable for some other scam?

How does the scam work? Is it just getting your details? Seeing who is elderly/vulnerable for some other scam?
I don't know. I got the call. The man prattled on and when he didn't respond to my questions I put the phone down.
I am relaying this because I saw that the who-called-me website had noted it with quite a few people reporting in.
I imagine if the set-up is similar to the "This is bank security - we have just had a debit on you VISA account for an international money transfer to Poland of £1,100 and one of £300 to Amazon"
that the next step will be "To contact us press "1" "
at which point a real human snake charmer will get you to reveal you bank details etc.

This appears to be the same scam:

What's happend on Coldharbour Lane, by (but presumably not related to) The Albert?

Attachments

• 20240729_220707.jpg
    20240729_220707.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 38
I don't know. I got the call. The man prattled on and when he didn't respond to my questions I put the phone down.
I am relaying this because I saw that the who-called-me website had noted it with quite a few people reporting in.
I imagine if the set-up is similar to the "This is bank security - we have just had a debit on you VISA account for an international money transfer to Poland of £1,100 and one of £300 to Amazon"
that the next step will be "To contact us press "1" "
at which point a real human snake charmer will get you to reveal you bank details etc.

This appears to be the same scam:
Another one today. Same scam - this time with an 0203 London number provided by an Irish Telecoms firm for VOIP.
Defund OFCOM I say - they allow GB News to take the piss and are impotent when it comes to phone scammers!

Maybe they ARE accessing my GP records???

Fire on Acre Lane. I was in Sam's having lunch and it suddenly filled with acrid smoke. Fire engine turned up in minutes. Hopefully no one hurt.

IMG_3889.jpeg

Great stuff!

"Lambeth LGBTQ+ changemakers: Clare Truscott"

This may help:

Lambeth council is planning to pay contractors more than £50m over eight years to enforce parking, traffic and other regulations in the borough.

The full cost will be met from the approximate £55m the council receives each year from the issue of penalty charge notices.

After considering tenders from the existing provider, Airport Parking Company of America (APCOA), and Marston Holdings’ NSL, the council has decided to continue with APCOA.

Council functions covered by the contract include:

• CCTV enforcement of bus lanes and moving traffic offences
  • Penalty charge notices for parking contraventions
  • Removal of vehicles causing dangerous or serious obstruction of the highway
  • On-street parking suspensions
  • Removal of abandoned vehicles from streets and housing estates
  • Environmental enforcement (littering etc.)
  • Project management support services which can be called on to manage improvement projects
  • Other types of highways enforcement.
The council plans to approve the contract with APCOA for an initial period of four years at an estimated cost of £24,618,151, with the option to extend the contract for two further periods of two years, giving a total value over eight years of £50,982,050. The initial four-year contract will run from 14 November this year to 13 November 2028.

APCOA was awarded its current contract to carry out civil enforcement in the borough in 2016 .

The council has a statutory duty to enforce parking regulations.

Revenue from penalty charge notices that is not needed to pay APCOA is used for other transport-related services including highways and accessible transport and climate or environmental initiatives, the council says.

A report relating to the award of the contract discusses, among other things, its implications for the environment and health.

A “robust parking enforcement policy” deters unnecessary vehicle use and will enable the council to enforce any new restrictions regarding emission-based parking policies to improve air quality in the borough, it said.

“APCOA have been and will be issuing PCNs to vehicles on street that are idling at the kerbside, thus helping to reduce the emission of nitrogen dioxide and particulate matter,” the report said.

“Environmental enforcement targets a range of environmental crime which can lead to health and safety issues for communities, such as littering, fly tipping and dog fouling.

“The threat of enforcement is a key deterrent and through targeted enforcement we can greatly reduce the impact of environmental crime throughout the borough.”

APCOA employs 44 Lambeth residents on the existing contract, which, the council, says is London Living Wage compliant.

What was the protest or march today in Brixton? Seemed to something to do with Africa based in the banners but I couldn't read the text

1 august is emancipation day in some parts of the world.

last year's details here (can't find anything other than social media for this year)
Fascinating. Your link does start with a reference to 2024 at the top.
This related page stopthemaangamizi.com shows a member of MOSOP in a group outside No 10 Downing Street in 2019.
Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People (MOSOP) and Ogoni News and Resources been around for a while. Back in 1995 one of their members, Ken Saro-Wiwa (a very talented author if I may say so) was executed by General Sani Abacha the President of Nigeria.
In their usual accommodating way the British government refused to give Ken Saro-Wiwa's son, Ken Junior, asylum and sent him instead to Guyana.

comments of Foreign Secretary Malcolm Rifkind 16 November 1995:
Let me now deal with Nigeria and the recent Commonwealth conference. There, too, we have seen events that, although tragic, have given rise to important new developments. The United Kingdom Government have made no secret of their condemnation of what we believe to have been the judicial murder of Ken Saro-Wiwa and the other eight Nigerians who were cruelly hanged by the Nigerian Government. It has been right and proper for the Commonwealth to respond in an unprecedented way. I believe that Nigeria's suspension from the Commonwealth, the action that we and others have taken in regard to the imposition of an arms embargo and the withdrawal of high commissioners, and the discussions that are taking place about whether further steps need to be taken at this time constitute a very appropriate response.

4.1.2 Torture The Commission has not sought to draw clear distinctions between failureto respect an individual’s dignity, cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment,560and torture. Some authors argue that the particular gravity of the violations of Article 5 that have been found by the Commission have made such distinctions unnecessary.561 However, the Commission clearly considers torture to bean aggravated or particularly serious form of ill-treatment. In International Pen and Others (on behalf of Ken Saro-Wiwa Jr.) v Nigeria, it held that “Article 5 prohibits not only torture, but also cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment. This includes not only actions which cause serious physical or psychological suffering, but which humiliate the individual or force him or her to act against his will or conscience.”
4.2.6 Duty to grant redress and compensate victims The Commission interprets States Parties’ undertakings under Article 1 of the ACHPR as requiring that effective and enforceable remedies be available to individuals in cases of violations. States are under an obligation to respect, protect and fulfil the human rights of all persons on their territory. As the Commission noted in Zimbabwe Human Rights NGO Forum v Zimbabwe, “To fulfil the rights means that any person whose rights are violated would have an effective remedy as rights without remedies have little value.”609 The Robben Island Guidelines indicate the extent of this obligation; it exists independently of whether a criminal prosecution has or can be brought, extends to victims and their dependents, and covers medical care, social and medical rehabilitation, compensation and support. https://www.corteidh.or.cr/tablas/26562.pdf

Excuse my hijack here. Serious issues at the base of this, though it seems to have evolved into some sort of cult.

It’s bad planning. I use lime bikes a lot and they often have bike parks like this designated as parking for them. Which is unfair on regular cyclists. And the lime bikers have to park them there or potentially get fined. (Yes I know they get dumped everywhere but that’s the idea).

I bet Lime don’t pay for it either.

You’ve got to give them credit, this is where bikes should be !

No - that’s where personal bikes should be, they’d be much better off further up that side of the alley where there aren’t bike racks or marked bays on streets.

I’m all for hire e-bikes but they should should take space from motorists rather than pedestrians & other cyclists.

You’ve got to give them credit, this is where bikes should be !

I know someone who works in central London. She parks her bike and when she comes back after work has to move all the hire bikes that have surrounded hers to get to her bike. I've seen it.

These bike hire companies like the Uber owned Lime use public bike racks as cheap option.

Boris bikes have their own bays to park in.

Personally I don't think Uber owned Lime are that cheap.

They can undercut Boris bikes by sneakily using public bike racks.

I'm all for bike hire.

But imo some of these private bike hire companies want something for nothing. On back of being green.

Let's not delude ourselves here. Companies like Uber are into for the profit. Not to save the planet.

And are keen to use publicly funded infrastructure to use to park their profit making bikes

I would not mind but it's starting to get ridiculous how often I have to move private hire bikes to park my bike.

I know someone who works in central London. She parks her bike and when she comes back after work has to move all the hire bikes that have surrounded hers to get to her bike. I've seen it.

These bike hire companies like the Uber owned Lime use public bike racks as cheap option.

Boris bikes have their own bays to park in.

Personally I don't think Uber owned Lime are that cheap.

They can undercut Boris bikes by sneakily using public bike racks.

I'm all for bike hire.

But imo some of these private bike hire companies want something for nothing. On back of being green.

Let's not delude ourselves here. Companies like Uber are into for the profit. Not to save the planet.

And are keen to use publicly funded infrastructure to use to park their profit making bikes

I would not mind but it's starting to get ridiculous how often I have to move private hire bikes to park my bike.

Yeah the companies are in it for themselves but it’s also providing a public good - plenty of Road space that could be allocated for their use.

It’s bad planning. I use lime bikes a lot and they often have bike parks like this designated as parking for them. Which is unfair on regular cyclists. And the lime bikers have to park them there or potentially get fined. (Yes I know they get dumped everywhere but that’s the idea).

I bet Lime don’t pay for it either.
There’s quite a lot of them

Back
Top Bottom