Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

RIP Fluffy, used to have some right laughs with her and Andy Balcer and the Poets Know It gang.

That's Steve Batty in the glasses, also departed a long time ago now. Great bloke.

Great nights

Halloween past in Brixton - a spooky poetry night in the Prince Albert, 2005

Halloween past in Brixton - poetry night in the Prince Albert, October 2005

I get the impression that Peckham has been gentrifying for ages. Reached peak hipster some years ago.

It still feels like a normal place with normal shops around Rye Lane though.
Now I qualify for free travel I’m more than happy to go to peckhamPlex

Reactions: CH1
Indeed - was only sharing has haven’t seen any other coverage.

Flowers and this photo now there.

View attachment 433500
I was on nodding terms with him He was a Beehive regular. The Eritreans in there were discussing it tonight.
Seems he lived on Clapham Road and having been in one or more of the late night Eritrean venues near the Rec never made it even part way home.

Heard last night that the Dog Star has closed. Is this true?
Dunno - but there was another report on the underlying companies going into administration yesterday Antic pubs go into administration
"Steve Absolom and Will Wright from Interpath Advisory were appointed joint administrators to Elflock Limited, Babel Silk Limited, Brocade Limited and De Gremio Limited at the end of last week."
De Gremio is the restaurant in the crypt of St Matthews Church. Gremio De Brixton (@gremiodebrixton) • Instagram photos and videos

There is still a Wikipedia article about Antic from when they went bust in 2013! Antic Collective - Wikipedia
and one from the Morning Advertiser about 2013 Pub firm Antic Ltd collapsed owing £2.6m

This does not answer your actual question, but the Dog Star used to be closed on Mondays anyway.

Maybe they saw trouble ahead and put it in a different company?
Probably. I think its only just starting to attract customers, it sat empty but open since they bought it, but then articles such as this probably didnt endear the new owners to the regulars who in this article were called 'dodgy', 'nefarious' and the need to be 'eradicated'.

I was in the Albert last night. Heard from staff that the portrait of Pat has been stolen. Someone was touching up the paintwork and had taken some of the paintings down, and some prick nicked it.

I hope Pat haunts whichever piece of shit pinched it. Hope she repeatedly appears in their nighmares, banning them forever and throwing them out of the Albert on their worthless arses.

I was in the Albert last night. Heard from staff that the portrait of Pat has been stolen. Someone was touching up the paintwork and had taken some of the paintings down, and some prick nicked it.

I hope Pat haunts whichever piece of shit pinched it. Hope she repeatedly appears in their nighmares, banning them forever and throwing them out of the Albert on their worthless arses.
Seems pretty careless of the venue to leave an original painting lying about. The place is stuffed full of CCTV cameras so it should be easy to identify the thief.

It was right above the bar IIRC? Definitely visible on CCTV. V careless, and not the first painting that's vanished from that pub.
Seeing as the support I received from the manager when I suffered a hate crime verbal assault on the premises was barely non-existent, I can't say I'm too hopeful about seeing the painting return. Do you know if the police have been called?

Back
Top Bottom