Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

LOOK AT OUR AMAZING UPMARKET HOUSE EVERYONE!

I agree it’s a bit much but is she really posh? She grew up in Cameroon which must at the very least make ‘being posh’ a bit less likely. Guessing he’s minted and she’s got nothing better to do and is a bit pretentious. But we are only guessing…

I agree it’s a bit much but is she really posh? She grew up in Cameroon which must at the very least make ‘being posh’ a bit less likely. Guessing he’s minted and she’s got nothing better to do and is a bit pretentious. But we are only guessing…
There's plenty of rich people in Cameroon, you know and they're very much posh compared to some of the estates in their area..

And seeing as they're flaunting their upmarket home over multiple media outlets, I'd say it's fair game to comment on them.

it's defined as a low to middle income country so in context not a rich nation and one affected massively by wealth disparity

And of course it has billionaires- its got an oil industry, but unless you are suggesting trickle down economics actually exists that doesn't mean average income isn't relatively low and stagnating.

And of course it has billionaires- its got an oil industry, but unless you are suggesting trickle down economics actually exists that doesn't mean average income isn't relatively low and stagnating.
That's a particularly impressive strawman. Well done.

There's plenty of rich people in Cameroon, you know and they're very much posh compared to some of the estates in their area..

And seeing as they're flaunting their upmarket home over multiple media outlets, I'd say it's fair game to comment on them.

sure, but not convinced buying a terraced house in Brixton in 2011, which you've since made look a bit la-dee-da, is a tell-tale sign of being posh or rich.

sure, but not convinced buying a terraced house in Brixton in 2011, which you've since made look a bit la-dee-da, is a tell-tale sign of being posh or rich.
Surely that's a question of perspective? There's an awful lot of people in Brixton who can't even afford to buy a shitty flat, let alone a whole three floor house with a sizeable garden boasting a Siberian larch deck, a modular, charcoal-hued concrete counter sourced from the Netherlands and designer lines of vintage oak, Belgian lime paint, zinc, concrete, and brass throughout.

If I was invited around, I'd call it posh and I doubt if they'd be offended by that description either.

Whoa. What’s been going on these past dozen posts?

This looks like a renovation of a ‘half house’ on somewhere like Strathleven or Ballater Rd - clearly done on a tight budget with a sole trader architect/interior designer by a small family who had saved for a decade to make it happen.

Presumably the architect has paid for a day or two of PR time and it has got a bit of coverage. That is how small designers get work.

It’s very evidently not a palace with a vast garden, and speculating on the origins, social status and nationality of the people involved just to make cheap shots about the ‘posh’ and ‘rich’ is just plain nasty.

Whoa. What’s been going on these past dozen posts?

This looks like a renovation of a ‘half house’ on somewhere like Strathleven or Ballater Rd - clearly done on a tight budget with a sole trader architect/interior designer by a small family who had saved for a decade to make it happen.

Presumably the architect has paid for a day or two of PR time and it has got a bit of coverage. That is how small designers get work.

It’s very evidently not a palace with a vast garden, and speculating on the origins, social status and nationality of the people involved just to make cheap shots about the ‘posh’ and ‘rich’ is just plain nasty.
agreed , also, as a half house it's a leasehold not a freehold, so not really homeowners but just "posh tenants" in my books

I've asked before but it's worth another go. I would like to get in touch with the steel pan player who busked outside Brixton tube station a number of times over the past year or so. He's really good but he hasn't appeared recently. I would like to offer him a performace spot and wondered if anyone here has any contact details. Or even just knows where else he plays. Thanks for any help or ideas.

I've asked before but it's worth another go. I would like to get in touch with the steel pan player who busked outside Brixton tube station a number of times over the past year or so. He's really good but he hasn't appeared recently. I would like to offer him a performace spot and wondered if anyone here has any contact details. Or even just knows where else he plays. Thanks for any help or ideas.
I'll keep an eye out.

This guy?

This article (NB 4 years old) says he is part of this group so they may have a contact.

This guy?

This article (NB 4 years old) says he is part of this group so they may have a contact.

Thanks so much. I'll follow up the lead. :)

For information: The family of local charity worker, the Late Johanita Dogbey who was killed in Brixton a week ago, have launched an appeal for assistance in relation to her burial:

70529597-12042197-She_had_been_out_to_buy_a_present_and_was_returning_home_for_a_b-m-2_1683130437637.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

In memory of Johanita Kossiwa Dogbey

Having pleaded guilty to the murder of Johanita Kossiwa Dogbey, Mohamed Nur has now been found guilty of three charges of unlawful wounding in relation to similarly totally unprovoked attacks on Rebecca Wilkes, Tomasz Kmiecik and Katie Matthews, which happened in quick succession in the centre of Brixton at around 11.30 p.m. on 29 April 2023, two days before he murdered Ms Dogbey a short distance away. Mohamed Nur was arrested in the centre of Brixton on 2 May 2023 in possession of a weapon made from a piece of broken mirror, similar to that used in the previous four attacks:

Johanita Dogbey: Man murdered woman in random slash attacks in Brixton

_133304646_mohamednur26051989.jpg

(Source: Metropolitan Police)

Mohamed Nur, who declined to attend his own trial, will be sentenced to life imprisonment on Thursday 23 May 2024, whether or not he attends.

Great, i look forward to listening to inconsiderate dickheads have mobile phone conversations out of the speaker (rather than pressing to their ear) of their phone on the tube as well as the bus.
Never mind that - what are your thoughts on the new 35 bus? (electric one)
Most of the seats have USB charge sockets for people's mobile phones, yet "stop" buttons seems a bit sparse compared with the old diesels.
The lower floor back seats are arranged in birth position with low ceiling and upward sloping floor - and the back window is blacked out so you can't see if a more convenient 345 or P4 is looming up behind.
There is one saving grace - all the seats face the front - so an end to OCD misery with people putting their feet on the seats.
1715785016342.png

Back
Top Bottom