Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

Quite a few years ago I delivered something to a the estate. The woman had two small kids. With no prompting from me she started to tell me how she wanted to transfer off the estate as she did not think it is was good place for her two small kids.

Not all estates are like this. Angell Town has a really bad reputation.
I just stayed indoors a lot.

Being antisocial saved me a bunch of problems.

The times I were social were when shit happened.

My post on the section 60 thread

The guidelines for Section 60 police put up on twitter says this,

So if there is trouble in particular area police can section 60 group of streets.

Doing the whole borough is imo misusing this power the Met have.
Suspect they have done it in the hope of catching the person who had committed a murder in broad daylight on the streets of the borough a few hours earlier. I suspect every Police force in the developed world does something similar when someone is stabbed to death in a certain area, the Police publicise it over here to warn people of their intentions, as people like to complain about it, as your post proves.

A further Section 60 has been authorised by Supt Cameron following a fatal stabbing in Morrison Road, SW9 yesterday. The order runs from 1320hrs today (5 Sept) until 0420hrs tomorrow (6 Sept) and covers the Borough of Lambeth.

Suspect they have done it in the hope of catching the person who had committed a murder in broad daylight on the streets of the borough a few hours earlier. I suspect every Police force in the developed world does something similar when someone is stabbed to death in a certain area, the Police publicise it over here to warn people of their intentions, as people like to complain about it, as your post proves.

How does a Section 60 for whole of borough help in a murder investigation?

I would guess since around 2000.
Gresham Cafe on the other hand were the landlords of George the hairdressers. Possibly survived longer with extra income.
Ah, George used to cut my hair. Very good with the grading!

I dont think its part of the investigation, but it sounds like a reaction to the incident to hopefully get weapons off the street in the borough before another kid is killed.
You don't help people by criminalising young black men across the borough, most of whom will have nothing to do with this or any other gang stuff. You get weapons off the street by providing alternatives to crime.

You don't help people by criminalising young black men across the borough, most of whom will have nothing to do with this or any other gang stuff. You get weapons off the street by providing alternatives to crime.
Do the Met record and publicise the numbers of S&S under a section 60?
Logic would hopefully prevail and hopefully instances would be recorded.

It only happens on the day of the murder.
The alternatives etc is what should be happening the rest of the time.

Do the Met record and publicise the numbers of S&S under a section 60?
Logic would hopefully prevail and hopefully instances would be recorded.
I don't know. But what difference would it make if the instances were recorded or not? I'm not quite sure what you're getting at in response to my comment.

Lambeth is a huge borough. I don't see how effective that would be, like looking for a needle in a haystack - AND criminalising a load of young men for the colour of their skin.
are you a policing expert? inclined to go with them on this to be honest.
I think they're a bit more clued up on gangs nowadays - the kids advertise it all on social media - so I don't think they're just stopping random black kids the way that used to happen, rather making it easier to search the kids in the gangs who they know were likely involved.

I think they're a bit more clued up on gangs nowadays - the kids advertise it all on social media - so I don't think they're just stopping random black kids the way that used to happen, rather making it easier to search the kids in the gangs who they know were likely involved.
Yes, the police. Those experts who we trust so well. And clearly their clued up ways have had a big impact on reducing gang/knife crime so they must know what they're doing.

Section 60 is about being able to stop random people.

As I keep saying police already have powers to stop people.

If police are so clued up then section 60 is not needed

Back
Top Bottom