Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

I have heard a rumour that kids have found out how to steal Lime e bikes by disabling the GPS, and when they have done this the bikes make this clicky noise.

Saw (and heard) a lad cycling one earlier today. Can't see the appeal myself, surely they are quite heavy and noisy?

I've been working this weekend so missed Country show. Did walk through this event by Brixton BID / Council as part of London Architecture festival.

Why they did this at same time as Country fair is beyond me. Most people with free time were going to be at Country fair.

Anyway it harks back to Brixton BID wanting to close off Atlantic road. Don't now what the local shops thought of it

IMG_20230610_155721.jpgIMG_20230610_155828.jpgIMG_20230610_155436.jpgIMG_20230610_155812.jpg

I've been working this weekend so missed Country show. Did walk through this event by Brixton BID / Council as part of London Architecture festival.

Why they did this at same time as Country fair is beyond me. Most people with free time were going to be at Country fair.

Anyway it harks back to Brixton BID wanting to close off Atlantic road. Don't now what the local shops thought of it

View attachment 378792View attachment 378793View attachment 378794View attachment 378795
It was great - so busy& so much safer, shops should love it but are well know to overestimate how many customers arrive by car.

Must be a way of making it permanent maybe with loading/unloading times for deliveries.

View attachment 378792View attachment 378793View attachment 378794View attachment 378795
Why has the entrance to The Granville Arcade been painted the same colour as Greggs? Were they sponsoring it?

Massive bus diversions required. Heavy congestion on remaining routes. Thousands inconvenienced over the weekend.

Massive bus diversions required. Heavy congestion on remaining routes. Thousands inconvenienced over the weekend.
Didn’t notice heavy congestion anywhere tbh. It’s obvious that the current set up for Atlantic Rd is awful and not working. The 322 is delayed constantly by parked cars and the pavements are so tiny that it’s awful to walk along. We must be able to do better than the current situation.

Thameslink had programmed engineering works - so anyone out of area would've had to use the bus, not only for the Country Show.

I have heard a rumour that kids have found out how to steal Lime e bikes by disabling the GPS, and when they have done this the bikes make this clicky noise.

Saw (and heard) a lad cycling one earlier today. Can't see the appeal myself, surely they are quite heavy and noisy?
not exactly new information!

Thameslink had programmed engineering works - so anyone out of area would've had to use the bus, not only for the Country Show.
I’m thinking more about the stupid closure of Atlantic Road. No point to it. The Country Show deserved special arrangements.

Didn’t notice heavy congestion anywhere tbh. It’s obvious that the current set up for Atlantic Rd is awful and not working. The 322 is delayed constantly by parked cars and the pavements are so tiny that it’s awful to walk along. We must be able to do better than the current situation.
There are big problems with alternative bus and vehicle routes.

There are big problems with alternative bus and vehicle routes.
They can surely we solved. It’s not a through route anymore with Railton Road filter & not good use of space to have it for people parking when Station Rd has on street parking and a car park.

Why has the entrance to The Granville Arcade been painted the same colour as Greggs? Were they sponsoring it?

Its an artistic intervention into the public realm. Probably dreamed up by some architect. Comparisons to Greggs is purely coincidental. Yellow was chosen to reflect the vibrancy of Brixton. :D;)

Heard a rumour there's some kind of meeting 6pm tonight at Brockwell Lido, user group I think but public welcome.
Only a rumour though!

Back
Top Bottom