Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

so cost was 2x average annual salary? perfect. anyway, we know the whole house price thing - just acknowledging the clicky nature of the headline when the cost was completely average for the time.

so cost was 2x average annual salary? perfect. anyway, we know the whole house price thing - just acknowledging the clicky nature of the headline when the cost was completely average for the time.
you've got it. That's why so many Caribbean migrants were home owners back in the 1950s-70s.
The council soon sorted that out though! Dick Gregory put it perfectly:

Largely windowless?

Apparently either i have a fundamental misunderstanding of what a window is or they are full of shit.

not an entirely uncommon thing in the 60s - there's some council / new town houses built round the same sort of era that only have relatively small windows on the side facing the road, which looks odd, but the design is sort of sideways on to a traditional house, so you have the staircase and bathroom and so on against the 'front' wall and more windows on the side/s away from traffic.

rouel road estate in bermondsey is similar. right next to the train line so small windows on that side.

5165583.jpg

5165565.jpg

For my part I was content with Lambeth Council's policy on flying the Lambeth flag when the council AGM was on, the Union Jack on the Queen's birthday - and on all other days the European flag.
The issue on "Commonwealth Day" is surely what does it mean?
If the Union Jack is flown on Commonwealth Day this confirms the view that the Commonwealth is a substitute for the British Empire.

Instead of decolonising my posts why don't you decolonise the government and King College Hospital ChrisSouth ?
Nothing to do with decolonization, more about removing unnecessary comments on people's race, gender and ethnicity

Nothing to do with decolonization, more about removing unnecessary comments on people's race, gender and ethnicity
So you think it's politically incorrect to mention a person's Commonwealth origins in connection with a government edict to fly the Union Jack on hospitals on Commonwealth Day? I guess you don't subscribe to Private Eye then?

So you think it's politically incorrect to mention a person's Commonwealth origins in connection with a government edict to fly the Union Jack on hospitals on Commonwealth Day? I guess you don't subscribe to Private Eye then?
I don't know what politically incorrect means.

I think you belong on Twitter.
Probably not a place for me, but if you're more comfortable there with your kind, so you can continue to comment on someone's race and ethnicity, when it's not necessary, whilst hiding behind a trope of claiming 'political correctness', then feel free to go.

Probably not a place for me, but if you're more comfortable there with your kind, so you can continue to comment on someone's race and ethnicity, when it's not necessary, whilst hiding behind a trope of claiming 'political correctness', then feel free to go.
I've been on Twitter for years - and the only person to block me was David Stimpson, leader of Lambeth Council before Ted Knight.
And he had followed me in the first place uninvited. That is your company!

58371309-10861749-image-a-17_1653672644044.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

At the Old Bailey on 27 May 2022, Brandon Aldon McNeil was sentenced to life imprisonment with a recommendation that he serve at least 24 years in prison, having previously pleaded guilty to murder, attempting to cause grievous bodily harm with intent and possession of an offensive weapon. When police searched his home following the discovery of forensic evidence showing that he was at the murder scene, they found a number of knives and he had made rap videos bragging about his life of crime and boasted of his skill with knives in a film made a week after the murder. His own counsel said that Brandon Aldon McNeil had an "unhealthy interest in knives" and was an "habitual knife carrier" who had been the victim of human trafficking at a young age before becoming involved in gangs as a young teenager after expulsion from school.

This poor kid. A f*cked up life from the start by the look of things. Sentenced to serve a prison life from very early.
I wish it was possible to properly intervene soon enough. It would save the victims as well as the perpetrators.

The latest on local human trafficking victim Brandon Aldon McNeil, who murdered a man - Shane Jerome - who he did not know or had never previously met:

58371309-10861749-image-a-17_1653672644044.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

Man who murdered motorcyclist has minimum jail term reduced

Any ideas why Brewdog shit down? Never went in - anyone know if it was busy?

As article says it won’t be missed - best to support the fantastic independent breweries we have!

As article says it won’t be missed - best to support the fantastic independent breweries we have!

I used their toilet a few times when the one in the Albert was just too bad. I will miss the toilet.

It was always a soulless looking place, almost always empty and seemed to have little connection to the area.

And I've added your line about independent breweries to the article!

Shame - it was alright tbh.

I never frequented central Brixton much for years until recently but it seems a few other businesses geared to the young professionals have failed. Champagne & Fromage seems to have gone (or has it been rebranded) and there seems to be other empty units. This must be so disappointing to commercial landlord who thought they'd make a killing.

Back
Top Bottom