Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

I think i get confused with this spot on Barrington road and the below place at the entrance to Loughborough Junction, where a few parties sprung up a few years back. I was roped into helping set up for a party once but the Police turned up and gave the owner one hell of a bollocking. The result was no party :thumbsdown:

1666860534600.png

I think i get confused with this spot on Barrington road and the below place at the entrance to Loughborough Junction, where a few parties sprung up a few years back. I was roped into helping set up for a party once but the Police turned up and gave the owner one hell of a bollocking. The result was no party :thumbsdown:

View attachment 349039
That's the place which was used by Fluximus aka the late Ian Taylor
1666861614264.png

View attachment 349039
I went to a couple of good things in there - a complete fire safety disaster zone though. I recall one occasion where the power supply blew out halfway through the night leaving everything in pitch darkness.

Re Lambeth "Recycling" & toxic dump at Vale Street - did people know that Lambeth introduced an appointment system during Covid - which remains in place. Apparently you now MUST have an appointment slot which can only be obtained if you have a Lambeth address and an email and printer or phone to produce your proof.

Good job I looked at Lambeth's website to check the exact location of said Vale Street facility - encouraged by Google Maps saying Vale Street is closed from noon - 1.05 pm.

I did ring 926 9000 for guidance on what could be brought to Vale Street, what could be put in the regular bins nowadays und so weiter. The person answering was impeccably polite but didn't seem to have much of a clue.

That's Southampton for you!

Its no good Lambeth street care starting off their telephone enquiry line to Environmental Services with "Do you want to report fly tipping?". If I wasn't full of Anglo-Catholic guilt I would take that as a suggestion!
Anyone know how strictly they are now enforcing the booking requirement?
The booking site is full of peak lockdown type rules and there are no more slots available this weekend

I had a slot for 11.50 a week or so ago but arrived 10 minutes late to find the place shuts for an hour a 12 (yeah - RTFM, I know)

Wondering if it is worth a punt just turning up ?

Anyone know how strictly they are now enforcing the booking requirement?
The booking site is full of peak lockdown type rules and there are no more slots available this weekend

I had a slot for 11.50 a week or so ago but arrived 10 minutes late to find the place shuts for an hour a 12 (yeah - RTFM, I know)

Wondering if it is worth a punt just turning up ?
After I wrote that I booked online, took public transport down with my stuff and found the place bolted and barred. A worker came and looked through the gate asking what I wanted, and when I said I had a booking he opened up and showed me the designated skip for scrap electronics.

He also showed me an elaborate storage cabinet for various types of long-life and fluorescent tibes/bulbs.

If you ask me Lambeth Recycling Centre is ideal for recycling GP receptionists and Post Office counter clerks who like to give the impression they are "closed".
Not only that the long-life bulb situation shows that they can be VERY organised when they have to be.

PS Brixton Currys would have taken what I dumped in Norwood it turns out. So possibly if your stuff is consumer electrical you might save yourself a trip.

Yep. It was Simulcra photo studios but they seemed to have been putting on more DJ events of late.
It used to be East Brixton station.
Siren sound sytem was running this recently, they had their last do there last night.

It had a walk trhough metal detector at the entrance for a while.

Back
Top Bottom