Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

Genuinely speechless...

I work for Wine List, a wine education start-up.

We're hosting our first in-person event since 2020 began on September 16th at 6.30pm, and would love the event to be listed on your website.

Cool Climate Vs Hot Climate will (probably) be the closest a wine tasting has ever got to a rap battle.

Founder Josh Lachkovic will be representing cool climate wines. His love for “all things greener, lower in alcohol, and higher in acid” knows no bounds.

Head of Wine Isabelle Lynch, however, prefer things hot climate – “fully ripened fruit, rich tannins, that’s my jam.”

Taking place in our Camberwell warehouse this will be an informal standing event. Taste along as the pair go head to head to win(e) you over to their favourite climate.

Tickets are £20 and limited.

A Brixton Tale, a film that could define how the world sees Brixton for years to come, goes on general release on 17 September.

Its launch screening will be at the Ritzy on Windrush Square with directors Darragh Carey and Bertrand Desrochers, writer Rupert Baynham, and lead actor Ola Orebiyi there to take part in a Q & A

The film was shot around Southwyck House – the Barrier Block – and the Moorlands estate.

The film-makers met at the London Film School and decided to produce Rupert’s graduation script.

Taking place now

Feathers fly in expensive music promo shoot in Pope's Road, Brixton

Any photographers want a free press pass to the Mighty Hoopla festival in Brockwell park on Saturday in exchange for covering the event for Brixton Buzz?

Duck me it was just a major mission escaping from the wide awake festival, having trustingly accepted two of their tickets. Unfortunately I suffered a major shoe malfunction near to the cressingham gate staff entrance. Apparently I wouldn’t have been safe walking home barefoot across the grass to home, but instead had to be funnelled via Herne Hill. I refused and was eventually allowed to walk home via Brixton water lane, die to appealing to the Swansea-born head of security’s human side but generally what an awful experience. Our wildlife terrorised. Our park covered in litter. JCB’s and 12 foot fences! Unhappy zero hours staff who have been treated like shit since 8.30am this morning. I suppose I shouldn’t complain that they funnelled people so hard away from residential streets that it was actually really hard to get home. Is that nimby or reasonable expectations of not turning our backyard into a tourist playground ? And At least making some provisions for residents?

It wouldn't have been safe for you to walk across the park with no shoes on, as the ground would have been strewn with the usual festival detritus. You make some valid points but at least it sounds like you got a free ticket

It wouldn't have been safe for you to walk across the park with no shoes on, as the ground would have been strewn with the usual festival detritus. You make some valid points but at least it sounds like you got a free ticket

Yes, the festival site and surrounding streets were strewn with trash. The half of the park that was outside the enormous wall was not.

Yesterday about 2.00pm when I took my rubbish out
I stumbled upon three very glamorous, well dressed twenty something women
having a lovely communal piss in our communal bin area,
while a black cab stood idling in the street waiting for them.

a guy has the job of cleaning and hosing down the space,
is this what is known as trickle down economics ?

Last edited:
What the clock?
Lambeth Town Hall has had its missing chimes replaced but is now striking the hours and quarter hours very melodiously but 10 minutes late ... so all the 'jokes' about 'Brixton time' are now officially confirmed
Yes! That threw me at 4 pm. Or 9 past to be precise. 😂 Its been spot on for a long while hasn't it?

The St Matthew's one used to be all over the place but has been good too for quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom