Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

I think it might be to do with some "anti social behaviour" on plato road, handfull of police just stood watching bunch of folk having bit of a street party yesterday. Had a letter about it a while ago, can't see what the problem is everyone always pretty chilled.

I think it might be to do with some "anti social behaviour" on plato road, handfull of police just stood watching bunch of folk having bit of a street party yesterday. Had a letter about it a while ago, can't see what the problem is everyone always pretty chilled.
There is always a big group of people hanging around there when the weather is remotely decent. Walking past, it never feels like a hostile crowd, although i have been accused of being an undercover copper when nipping into the shop by the corner recently :rolleyes:. I thought that despite the weed smoking it has always been 'tolerated', as it should be. Maybe if cars start turning up with big sound systems then i could imagine people living nearby might start to lose their patience.

There is no accounting for artistic judgement - but it is a view of the south wall of the wholesale fish mongers - next to Somerleyton Passage under the rail line.
I guess the birds are authentic and attracted by fish being transshipped.

This is real life in run down post-industrial Somerleyton Road. It may be looked on with nostalgia when the tower blocks go up.
it used to be mostly rice back in the late 90s after they moved from rushcroft road, I wonder if it is still the same people running it.
There are 63k cars registered in Lambeth, Lambeth are proposing to build 250 electric car charging bays, not lambeths fault - but I can’t see the government managing to ban new petrol and diesel cars in 2030 at this rate. They need a couple of charging points on every street - which would be thousands just in Lambeth.

Alex
I know of a "secret" charging point on moorland road, but you would need to know it was there as it is part of lamppost.
Its a photo of how it looks now - tagging, rubbish and barbed wire. When I walked through there a few weeks ago someone had dumped a load of bread out for so there were loads of pigeons.
That is a regular (daily?) occurence, and not just bread, I've seen a streetcleaner argueing with an older person who was doint this there. They also regularly shove bits of chicken in the foxhole in the fence right by the passageway entrance, I keep having to pry it out of my dogs mouth when I forget about it.

That is a regular (daily?) occurence, and not just bread, I've seen a streetcleaner argueing with an older person who was doint this there.
It’s been happening for years. Someone’s dinner leftovers getting put out every evening. I cycle through there each morning and it can be really pretty grim some days.

On the plus side, I think the stench of piss isn’t quite so bad as it used to be…

It’s been happening for years. Someone’s dinner leftovers getting put out every evening. I cycle through there each morning and it can be really pretty grim some days.

On the plus side, I think the stench of piss isn’t quite so bad as it used to be…
Same thing in loughborough park but at least the "whole chicken skin times loads" right by the entrance gates seem to have stopped now.

1629921449392.png
Interesting how these 'joint patrols' never seem to have the bollocks to deal with the customers of New Tings takeaway, who every lunchtime and evening treat Acre Lane like a car park whilst picking up and/or eating their food in their vehicles, whilst blatantly blocking traffic and putting pedestrians trying to cross the road at potential risk as they cannot see oncoming traffic. I wouldnt normally point fingers at a specific business but the problems have completely disappeared in the last few weeks because they have been closed, when all the other shops and food places on that parade have remained open.

Maybe if cars start turning up with big sound systems then i could imagine people living nearby might start to lose their patience.
I've seen that a couple of times on that corner. With everyone drinking. There's an offy a few doors along. That corner functions as a cheap outdoor pub. Which sounds harmless unless you live next to the noise and litter and piss. The locals have probably got a bit of a residents action group going and found out how to get the police and their councillors to focus on it. Gentrification in action.

Back
Top Bottom