Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumours and general chat

I think one of the differences about Sancroft Rd is that they watch you when you're outside. I got the impression that the security person was participating in the assessment, peeping at you through the window and making judgements about your manner and your mood when you sign in. Hard to be sure...but something to bear in mind. It would be consistent with all the questions about 'how did you get here', which are all traps.

Where's the fire? It's quite smokey and misty outside. And my air purifier has been getting very active.

Maybe I just need to clean my glasses.

Photos from yesterday's rally

In photos: Community Rally in Windrush Square, Brixton

I didn't think there was anything wrong with the management but do wonder where all the punters went. Maybe it being closed for periods between lockdowns, when they were permitted to be open in some shape or another, meant people forgot about the place somewhat.

I see from one of the photos that Acorn were there.
They made an intervention on Coldharbour Lane around 2014.
What are they up to now?

They have set up section in Lambeth. Basically set up to give landlords a hard time. There was group from Dorchester Court at the rally.

Last edited:
Reactions: CH1
Photos from yesterday's rally

It was a well spent afternoon.

Organised by Stop the Tower/ Save Hondo bringing together various local groups from those who oppose Council estate so called regeneration to Black Anarchist group.

So a wide range of people.

Stop the Tower/ Save Nour are Imo trying to broaden out to look at the wider issue of Brixton / Lambeth and who its being developed for. Which is good. Its doing what the Reclaim Brixton few years back started to do but kind of stalled.

As poster for rally says Another Brixton is possible.

On that note reminded me of this book.

I've read half of book about the Preston Council experiment

There is another way of doing things that is not the New Lambeth Labour way. Finding way to work with communities even in these difficult economic times.

Last edited:
Vincent 'Rat' Atkins has just parked his 2020 black BMW X1 in Rushcroft Road and ambled in the direction of CHL. Not exactly hiding, is he? I suppose he has too many violent friends to worry about multiple accusations of raping minors Brixton news, rumours and general chat

Edit: more accusations have been made recently

Last edited:
That mural will never happen.

The leaflet about it (delivered to the Hurst street estate) was clear that they don’t have permission, they don’t have the funds and they were just gauging opinion.

It’d cost an absolute fortune and I can’t see them raising the money even if it did get approved.

The leaflet about it (delivered to the Hurst street estate) was clear that they don’t have permission, they don’t have the funds and they were just gauging opinion.

It’d cost an absolute fortune and I can’t see them raising the money even if it did get approved.
So not anything to do with the council?

Cllr Tim Briggs is tweeting in presumably as part of his anti-woke agenda 🙄

That mural will never happen (it’s part of the 81 Acts if Exuberance uprising project)

The leaflet about it (delivered to the Hurst street estate) was clear that they don’t have permission, they don’t have the funds and they were just gauging So not anything to do with the council?
Cllr Tim Briggs is tweeting in presumably as part of his anti-woke agenda 🙄

No, not in any way as far as I can see. Looks like right wing culture war created bollocks from that Tory councillor.

The people behind ‘don’t divide us’ are GB news presenters and Toby Young which says is it all - nothing from the local community.

I’ll post up the original consultation flyer when I have the time.

No, not in any way as far as I can see. Looks like right wing culture war created bollocks from that Tory councillor.

The people behind ‘don’t divide us’ are GB news presenters and Toby Young which says is it all - nothing from the local community.
OneLambeth cheerily retweeting this as well.

Anyone know anymore about this or the group Don’t Divide Us?

We are a wide-range of people who are taking a stand against the divisive obsession with people’s racial identity. We refuse to be divided—by racists or culture warriors—who refuse to see us as individuals beyond our skin colour. We are liberal anti-racists who reject the proposition that the UK is inherently racist in 2020, with racial prejudice embedded into our institutions.

Hmmm...

OneLambeth cheerily retweeting this as well.
I expect it's gonna be on GB News - but since GB News can't afford to have an iPlayer nobody will ever know!
Tip - just before midnight the nauseating Dan Wooton names his Union Jackass. Sound like a candidate here - the proposed mural, not the petition that is.

Attachments

• 51DC8790-F6BE-4184-88B8-FD2F66899C0C.jpeg
    51DC8790-F6BE-4184-88B8-FD2F66899C0C.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 31
Something's being filmed in Electric Lane. I swear that one of the crew is a local personage with large hair. I bicycled through the shot to lend authenticity. (You can't have a London street scene without a cyclist, there's a law about it.) I look forward to a credit to get my IMDB listing off the ground.

Something's being filmed in Electric Lane. I swear that one of the crew is a local personage with large hair. I bicycled through the shot to lend authenticity. (You can't have a London street scene without a cyclist, there's a law about it.) I look forward to a credit to get my IMDB listing off the ground.
It was about the Jimmy Rogers mural.

Scoop! New building on the site of Olive Morris House to be named after Darcus Howe

Attachments

• IMG_20210925_143639.jpg
    IMG_20210925_143639.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210925_143644.jpg
    IMG_20210925_143644.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom