Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumour and general chat - April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's certainly true that until the moneyed twats started invading about 3 years ago, it would be unheard of for anyone living in Brixton to spend £50 on a night out.

[cue predictable responses saying this is a predictable response, etc etc]

I used to spend a hundred gib on a Friday night quite easily in brixton even many years ago. Largely on shit coke tho it has to be said. One thing I really don't miss about the place.

gabi said:
I used to spend a hundred gib on a Friday night quite easily in brixton even many years ago. Largely on shit coke tho it has to be said. One thing I really don't miss about the place.

gib?

The park is full of joggers. I mean there are always lots, but today I had to google to double check there wasn't a race on.

The park is full of joggers. I mean there are always lots, but today I had to google to double check there wasn't a race on.
It's good weather and the start of the first weekend after the London Marathon - loads of people who watched it will still be thinking "I could do that".

Last edited:
Either - why does it matter?

Okay it doesn't matter.But yes people and myself included could easily do a bullseye on a night out in Brixton and im talking way back in the mid nineties. Here's a breakdown for you,,,, £10 to get into the fridge on a samsara night, 2 beers and a bottle of water £10, A couple of pills £20, Some powder £30-£40. I hope this helps:thumbs:

Eta, The listed items above where consumed for educational and medicinal purposes only. At no stage was they consumed for fun and enjoyment and dont try this at home:p

Last edited:
Okay it doesn't matter.But yes people and myself included could easily do a bullseye on a night out in Brixton and im talking way back in the mid nineties. Here's a breakdown for you,,,, £10 to get into the fridge on a samsara night, 2 beers and a bottle of water £10, A couple of pills £20, Some powder £30-£40. I hope this helps:thumbs:
When I worked at the Fridge (whenever that was late eighties I guess) I was clearing £700-£1000 a week (tax was pretty much unknown) and was still broke come friday due to my running tick for cans of pils and the marvellous people who would turn up outside the Ritzy at anytime of the day or night with "pick me ups".Shame you didn't know me I could have added you to the guest list.

When I worked at the Fridge (whenever that was late eighties I guess) I was clearing £700-£1000 a week (tax was pretty much unknown) and was still broke come friday due to my running tick for cans of pils and the marvellous people who would turn up outside the Ritzy at anytime of the day or night with "pick me ups".Shame you didn't know me I could have added you to the guest list.
th.jpg

Yeas, I've unfortunately always been able to spend £50, or more, on a Friday or Saturday night in any town or city, Brixton included. I bet German has a specific word for 'that feeling of dread as you check your wallet the morning after'.
We always called the next-day fear a visit from the drunken monkeys - they pick your pocket and shit in your mouth...

Is there a chemist open locally? Ideally near Myatts Fields but anywhere?
The nearest chemist might list the nearest one which'll be open today if they're not, otherwise it should be either listed in the local paper (no sign of it in this Tuesday's SLP) or "Weekender", or try trawling the NHS choices site. FWIW Westbury chemist - the large one on Streatham High Rd - is usually open on days like this.

what is White Mischief?
It's a film based on true life events in Kenya's Happy Valley (rich white people's playground) in the 40s. Horrible idle poshoes fucking and murdering each other out of boredom.
I think the White Mischief theme is broader than that though - it's just broadly 'colonial' - so as well as tuxes, spangly dresses and cigarette holders, you also have khaki and pith helmets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom