Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumour and general chat - April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
And staffed ticket offices support people with different needs (language, physical, communication barriers etc.) - still hey, boris got to say that he'd open the tube 24 hours with the savings, the fat fuck.

In other less dull news, some lovely Brixton pics here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pic...tographer-Eddie-Mulholland.html?frame=2888900

Including the Brockwell Cafe; and Bowie etc

Eddie-Mulholland-t_2888925k.jpg

I reckon that's now the Hot Line pizza takeaway on the corner of Railton Road and Norwood Road.

Where is/was the Brockwell Cafe?
I'm not certain but I think on Dulwich Road on the corner with one of the streets running from Railton (maybe Hurst street).The woman who ran it opened it after a win on the pools,been gone for a fairly long time no idea what it is now.

I'm not certain but I think on Dulwich Road on the corner with one of the streets running from Railton (maybe Hurst street).The woman who ran it opened it after a win on the pools,been gone for a fairly long time no idea what it is now.

Looks like Hurst rd, it's the Kaya juice bar place

You think I have mis-stated your position? (And, have I been sacked?)

I think you turned my point about altruism into a suggestion of what might or might not be good.
And "former journalist" as in I think I recall you having stated that you're management. I know managers who worked their way up like to think that they're still journos, but....:p

The crowd that gathers outside the Bookies opposite the Barrier block seemed to have moved on or have been moved on.I havn't seen it that quiet for a long time.Same thing seems to have happened on Acre lane across from Lidls.

I think you turned my point about altruism into a suggestion of what might or might not be good.
And "former journalist" as in I think I recall you having stated that you're management. I know managers who worked their way up like to think that they're still journos, but....:p

I have never stated I was in management. And I very much am not.

You speculated that I was ... in discussion of the Mark Duggan case.

I had no intention to misquote you on your fair point about solidarity.

My intention was to flag up that this strike, in my view, is not as clear cut as, say, the Ritzy strike, where the action seems to have unanimous support and very strong justification.

Are you sure? Not from the look of the pillars!
No I'm not sure at a quick glance the buildings look very similar although I have a vague memory of those tower blocks being over the other side of the road from the cafe.So maybe it is Hurst road.I used to get breakfast there when working in the area there was photo of the woman getting her pools cheque sometime in the 60's I think.Due to age I can't remember when I ate there but probably in the 80's.

It was a very interesting April thread, so much better than last month. Looking forward to the May edition which i hope will be dedicated to the working class. Happy May Day to working class people everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom