Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton news, rumour and general chat - April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a house by Holmewood Gardens applying for a licence to distribute alcohol :hmm:
I saw that. The fancy modern one on the U.Tulse Hill side. Must be one of those "dining club" things.

I saw that. The fancy modern one on the U.Tulse Hill side. Must be one of those "dining club" things.
I wonder if its an import/export business or something? It says 24 hours and the 'who' is a business name not a person….

What people choose to like is none of your business.

You're one of the worst offenders when it comes to disruptive personal attacks in this forum, so I'd like you to stop now please. And yes, you can take that as an official warning. And the same applies to anyone else posting up similar attacks.

This can be a great resource for Brixton and the constant ad hominen attacks make it a far less welcoming and interesting space.

(If anyone wishes to debate any of the above take it to the feedback forum please because I don't intend to add to the disruption by arguing the toss here. Thanks.)

Done

Has this s/hand furniture place on Brixton Hill now closed? I've always had a soft spot for it, for some reason.

View attachment 51752
It will be a shame if it has stopped trading,I remember it being there in the early eighties and it did a roaring trade then! Next door on the corner of Trent road was an amazing Bakers that my friends mum worked in.We got free cakes every day after school and Corpus Christi had the fattest football team in Brixton due to this:D

It will be a shame if it has stopped trading,I remember it being there in the early eighties and it did a roaring trade then! Next door on the corner of Trent road was an amazing Bakers that my friends mum worked in.We got free cakes every day after school and Corpus Christi had the fattest football team in Brixton due to this:D
I was in the same class as a boy who's ?parents/?aunt & uncle ran the bakery (I didn't go to CC) in the 80's. I used to be fascinated by the bread slicing machine.

In my head it's still called 'stellios' bakery' after him... Dunno what it was really called

Anyone running the marathon this weekend? Whats a good place to watch with pubs near thats not too packed? Thinking lower thames street.

'Middle class' covers a huge range of incomes.

In our dataset (Social Market Foundation) in 2011–12, middle quintile households had an average annual original income ranging between £26,100 and £41,200. On average, original income of these households was £33,600. Those in the fourth quintile had an average annual income of £51,100, with a range of between £41,200 and £63,000. This section sets out the key characteristics of middle income households, based on analysis of the BHPS and US.
http://www.smf.co.uk/research/pover...storm-britains-middle-income-households-2007/

In our dataset (Social Market Foundation) in 2011–12, middle quintile households had an average annual original income ranging between £26,100 and £41,200. On average, original income of these households was £33,600. Those in the fourth quintile had an average annual income of £51,100, with a range of between £41,200 and £63,000. This section sets out the key characteristics of middle income households, based on analysis of the BHPS and US.
http://www.smf.co.uk/research/pover...storm-britains-middle-income-households-2007/

What income counts as dirt poor these days?

Summary please :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom