Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton Liveable Neighbourhood and LTN schemes - improvements for pedestrians and cyclists

Presumably they plan on cutting the tree back - recall similar happening to the one on Upper Tulse Hill when it was install. No fines are given for the first few weeks anyway.

The junction of Dumbarton Rd with Brixton Hill has finally be made a whole lot safer!!

IMG_4807.jpeg

Someone’s put up the personal email address of a local supporter of LTNs on the planters in Brixton Hill LTN asking people to email them their “disgust & outrage” presumably it’s part of an art project chowce5382.

Last edited:
Someone’s put up the personal email address of a local supporter of LTNs on the planters in Brixton Hill LTN asking people to email them their “disgust & outrage” presumably it’s part of an art project chowce5382.

Possibly, not as edgy as the Oil Project though so not a huge fan
Possibly, but not as edgy as The Oil Project so I’m not really a fan

Not a lawyer, but surely putting contact details, along with an incitement, is a whole level of serious criminality beyond "merely" vandalising cameras etc?

Is it just my subjectivity, or is it really the case that all of this appalling behaviour seems to be on the anti side (or at best a vocal / active minority thereof) ? Is there such twattery from the pros?

As (I think) I said a couple of thousand posts ago: If ever I was on the fence about the pros and cons of LTNs - the observed actions of the antis have made me increasingly sure of which side I'm on

Not a lawyer, but surely putting contact details, along with an incitement, is a whole level of serious criminality beyond "merely" vandalising cameras etc?

Is it just my subjectivity, or is it really the case that all of this appalling behaviour seems to be on the anti side (or at best a vocal / active minority thereof) ? Is there such twattery from the pros?

As (I think) I said a couple of thousand posts ago: If ever I was on the fence about the pros and cons of LTNs - the observed actions of the antis have made me increasingly sure of which side I'm on
Haven’t seen anything from pro sides. Someone claimed they had dog shit left on their doorstep which seems unlikely & apparently people have threatened to boycott shops which oppose LTNs (again unlikely). Certainly nothing in comparison to paint, engine oil, doxxing & destroying planters with no connection to the LTNs. But when prominent OneLambeth members as above find it all funny it’s hardly surprising.

Wanted to take down the posters with the personal details but wondering what the backlash would be?

Haven’t seen anything from pro sides. Someone claimed they had dog shit left on their doorstep which seems unlikely & apparently people have threatened to boycott shops which oppose LTNs (again unlikely). Certainly nothing in comparison to paint, engine oil, doxxing & destroying planters with no connection to the LTNs. But when prominent OneLambeth members as above find it all funny it’s hardly surprising.

Wanted to take down the posters with the personal details but wondering what the backlash would be?
more likely to be an irresponsible dog owner, plenty of them around.

I've been seeing very long queues on New Park Rd/outside local school since they started this trial, i.e. since school got back. This long, stationary queue, with engines running, goes way further than it used to, way way further back. It used to be about 4-6 cars long when I drop off/pick up my gd and this morning I counted 20 cars long queue at school drop off time. How's that a success?

I've been seeing very long queues on New Park Rd/outside local school since they started this trial, i.e. since school got back. This long, stationary queue, with engines running, goes way further than it used to, way way further back. It used to be about 4-6 cars long when I drop off/pick up my gd and this morning I counted 20 cars long queue at school drop off time. How's that a success?
Don’t drive then. Too many people use their cars for short distance journeys and then complain about the traffic/congestion. I realise by posting this response, you will give me some spurious response as to why you can’t drop or pick up your gd by walking to school.

Give it time.

Wish they’d filter New Park Road! Looks like it might become a school street though!

Don’t drive then. Too many people use their cars for short distance journeys and then complain about the traffic/congestion. I realise by posting this response, you will give me some spurious response as to why you can’t drop or pick up your gd by walking to school.
I'm not actually driving on that bit, we walk that stretch, and it's now full of fumes. Also what a dismissive response. How odd you just assumed I'm driving because I'n not happy with the size of the queue. Pollution affects people outside cars. Also some people have to drive, why do they no longer matter?

How would I be able to count the size of the cars in the queue if I wasn't walking past. It's hard to count cars when you're stuck in the queue yourself :D

Last edited:
Wish they’d filter New Park Road! Looks like it might become a school street though!

I hope so. The traffic in there can't be healthy for the children/residents. And now it's worse than it was with a lot more stationary traffic.

Last edited:
I hope so. The traffic in there can't be healthy for the children/residents. And now it's worse than it was with a lot more stationary traffic.
It’s also early days so hopefully will settle down. Can’t quite see why the LTN would increase southbound traffic on New Park Road.

So many people constantly moaning about cyclists on Nextdoor and elsewhere - are they unaware that that just proves the point that we need safer streets and makes people campaign for them more!

Brixton hill blocked due to major water main burst.
Apparently (according to local WhatsApp) the traffic chaos is entirely caused by the ltn though

Brixton hill blocked due to major water main burst.
Apparently (according to local WhatsApp) the traffic chaos is entirely caused by the ltn though
Personally I’d say the traffic chaos is caused by the massive leak due to years of under funding by Thames Water whilst making huge profits but hey let’s focus on the measures that are actually improving our area 🤷

Sure there’ll be free flowing traffic in no time now they’re letting traffic go through the filters…

ecb1c6d9-5411-4d4d-9205-d1c2a774b3be.jpeg

Edit: misread your post and thought you were blaming the LTNs - soz

Back
Top Bottom