Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton Liveable Neighbourhood and LTN schemes - improvements for pedestrians and cyclists

Another piece of research showing positive outcomes from LTNs

This one's interesting because there can be no argument about measurement method. MOT mileage is what it is.
And as the study says, while 6% seems like a small drop, it's likely to represent a larger drop in short journeys, which the LTN makes more inconvenient, but which have a much smaller effect on overall mileage. In that context 6% is impressive.

This one's interesting because there can be no argument about measurement method. MOT mileage is what it is.
And as the study says, while 6% seems like a small drop, it's likely to represent a larger drop in short journeys, which the LTN makes more inconvenient, but which have a much smaller effect on overall mileage. In that context 6% is impressive.
Unsurprisingly this has not stopped all the usual suspects casting shade. First off was outrage about privacy\GDPR - you can’t use that data, it’s too accurate!

I wonder if they can break out vehicles which are subject to a ULEZ charge. I have found that has had more of an impact on my use of my vehicle.

I wonder if they can break out vehicles which are subject to a ULEZ charge. I have found that has had more of an impact on my use of my vehicle.
That shouldn’t affect the difference between LTNs and control areas given they all appear in the north of the borough (ie within ULEZ)

I can confirm it's great to cycle through!

Also not quite LTN schemes but work has started on cycle lanes on Loughborough Road and will start soon on Rosendale Road. The big problem on my commute for a while is going to be navigating closed roads while this is happening.

Yes, and anyone that does is probably anti-LTNs. Presumably the Shakespeare road ones were targeted though.
It does seem a big coincidence that one of the most tiresome and joyless Lambeth Onesies lives very close and this one has been repeatedly vandalised while others have not. Flower heads have been cut off, plants uprooted. The trees have been broken, replaced, and broken again.

Love wins over hate eventually though - it's looking good now and both of the trees are sprouting new shoots below where they were snapped (now trimmed neatly).

IMG_9950.jpeg

They're all having another meltdown right now as there has been another opinion poll which gives a similar result to all the others (actually seems to show support in London increasing)

IMG_9965.PNG

Last edited:
It does seem a big coincidence that one of the most tiresome and joyless Lambeth Onesies lives very close and this one has been repeatedly vandalised while others have not. Flower heads have been cut off, plants uprooted. The trees have been broken, replaced, and broken again.

Love wins over hate eventually though - it's looking good now and both of the trees are sprouting new shoots below where they were snapped (now trimmed neatly).

View attachment 383246

They're all having another meltdown right now as there has been another opinion poll which gives a similar result to all the others (actually seems to show support in London increasing)

View attachment 383247
Where's that image from?

One daft thing with the Brixton Hill proposals is that New Park Road is being left as a way to cut the corner onto the South Circular westbound.

1689589323664.png

Now the current traffic calming chicanes will only have to work in one direction so anyone driving along NPR will be able to get a full head of speed up past the primary school safe in the knowledge there's no oncoming traffic to get in their way. Apparently TfL specifically requested this.

One daft thing with the Brixton Hill proposals is that New Park Road is being left as a way to cut the corner onto the South Circular westbound.

View attachment 383561

Now the current traffic calming chicanes will only have to work in one direction so anyone driving along NPR will be able to get a full head of speed up past the primary school safe in the knowledge there's no oncoming traffic to get in their way. Apparently TfL specifically requested this.
And nothing will change until a child gets run over.

I made the mistake of looking up the twitter accounts of the original One Lambeth types. They seem to have gone deep down a conspiracy rabbit hole: Gates, anti-vax, digital currency, anti net zero etc. funny how radicalised and how quickly it happened.

I made the mistake of looking up the twitter accounts of the original One Lambeth types. They seem to have gone deep down a conspiracy rabbit hole: Gates, anti-vax, digital currency, anti net zero etc. funny how radicalised and how quickly it happened.

Knobheads be knobheads

The fact that traffic should stick to main roads is such an obvious truth that it’s always going to be idiots that disagree with it.

Twitter gives a free platform to such people while they disappear from forums like this when they’re actually challenged as OneLambeth’s “treasurer” demonstrated.

you easily spot the people not respecting it when they pull over after driving through and angrily pull out the cardboard they had taped on their number plate.

Oh good. Can't wait to have local ward referendums on these.

Although since I don't live in one but next to three (well, one incoming), I guess I shall remain unconsulted.

Back
Top Bottom