Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton Liveable Neighbourhood and LTN schemes - improvements for pedestrians and cyclists

Have to applaud the ingenuity.

Apart from the bad-citizen angle of what they were doing, I was also vexed by the fact that they seemed to be taping the cover on by scratch.
Since they were patently going through the filters a number of times, I would have thought that at least some sort of drop down flap arrangement would have been more intelligent.
Guess you don't need a tertiary education to be driving a scrap lorry

This is ludicrously easily detected, presumably it’s not worth the effort yet to prosecute though.

I saw a guy walk his motorbike through our nearest one this afternoon. I don’t actually mind that. Certainly much better than riding on the pavement around it.

Did you report them to Lambeth?
I failed to get a photo of the plate, so decided that it would be a pointless waste of time trying to navigate Lambeth's web site to report something they would likely ignore .

Simpler to dox them on here

Similarly I saw a delivery driver just drive his van fully onto the pavement to get around the LTN camera, Faygate Amesbury junction I think?

Technically that's a double fine? But I couldn't muster the energy to complain. A bit like the guy who always idles his van on our street, it's just not worth the hassle to report.

Similarly I saw a delivery driver just drive his van fully onto the pavement to get around the LTN camera, Faygate Amesbury junction I think?

Technically that's a double fine? But I couldn't muster the energy to complain. A bit like the guy who always idles his van on our street, it's just not worth the hassle to report.
Yep - saw a car drive on the pavement there. Selfish bastards and just highlights the importance on LTNs.

Personally I think that should be an automatic ban for several months. It’s completely unnecessary, dangerous and blatant twattery, with no justification that I can think of.

Personally I think that should be an automatic ban for several months. It’s completely unnecessary, dangerous and blatant twattery, with no justification that I can think of.
According to a brief internet search, driving on the pavement (in a non emergency) could receive a police fine, but only if witnessed by the police.

So basically it seems like unless it was "dangerous driving", i.e. you could prove it was endangering pedestrians, there's no actual de facto penalty.

A driver would need to be fairly confident that the ANPR camera isn’t going to pick them up anyway. I’d imagine that the camera isn’t so narrowly trained.

Someone’s obviously put in a lot of effort for the acronym for an anti LTN group on Nextdoor!!

View attachment 368692

The could campaign about housing, services, schools, elderly care.
but they're actually just angry about paying for parking and LTNS

IMG_9158.jpeg
For good measure the people responding can't agree whether we have an extreme right wing, or a communist, council.

E3C55F0F-2D5A-4E17-A369-B3AD48E438EC.jpeg

Anyone know what happened to the "Road Wars" Panorama episode listed for BBC1 on Monday 3rd April?
"Sorry, this episode is not currently available"

Good intel about the local Communist infiltration. I'll get out my Bob Darke to see what kind of stuff she'll get up to next.

The could campaign about housing, services, schools, elderly care.
but they're actually just angry about paying for parking and LTNS

View attachment 368741
For good measure the people responding can't agree whether we have an extreme right wing, or a communist, council.

View attachment 368714
One assumes this is an April 1st joke.
But I spent several minutes ferreting around Claire Holland.
Her LinkedIn profile has no back-history.
Her GLA profile says she is a freelance solicitor so one ought to be careful here.
There was an article about Matthew Taylor which came up (Daily Mail - the man who wants to stop you getting drunk)
It seems a woman named Claire Holland was his partner and they had two children together.
But Claire Holland is quite a common name.
If you Google enough it starts returning Claire Fox who may or may not be a different kettle of fish as far as Neil Thomson and Sylvie K are concerned (whoever they are!)

One assumes this is an April 1st joke.
But I spent several minutes ferreting around Claire Holland.
Her LinkedIn profile has no back-history.
Her GLA profile says she is a freelance solicitor so one ought to be careful here.
There was an article about Matthew Taylor which came up (Daily Mail - the man who wants to stop you getting drunk)
It seems a woman named Claire Holland was his partner and they had two children together.
But Claire Holland is quite a common name.
If you Google enough it starts returning Claire Fox who may or may not be a different kettle of fish as far as Neil Thomson and Sylvie K are concerned (whoever they are!)
Please stick to the topic.

Please stick to the topic.
Yes.

I don't know what Claire Holland thought when she was at university, but I know that I don't want to live in a society where what you believe in at university follows you for the rest of your life.

But it's heartwarming that CH1 checked her LinkedIn profile to see if she'd mentioned it there. Genius.

Yes.

I don't know what Claire Holland thought when she was at university, but I know that I don't want to live in a society where what you believe in at university follows you for the rest of your life.

But it's heartwarming that CH1 checked her LinkedIn profile to see if she'd mentioned it there. Genius.
…okay

Yes.

Not relevant to LTNs - but I actually wanted to know what university she went to. These things matter - or so we are told.

Not relevant to LTNs - but I actually wanted to know what university she went to. These things matter - or so we are told.
Who tells you this and what has it got to do with making our streets safer?

I’m really confused.

An LTN-lite and other measures planned for West Dulwich.

Why "lite"? it looks like it's designed to deal with drivers rat running between the SCirc and Norwood Road. (although Robson-Croxsted still looks like it would be an issue and the eastern section of Robson is supposed to be a quiet cycle route)

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 12.42.16.png

Why "lite"? it looks like it's designed to deal with drivers rat running between the SCirc and Norwood Road. (although Robson-Croxsted still looks like it would be an issue and the eastern section of Robson is supposed to be a quiet cycle route)

View attachment 370337
I meant lite as in its not stopping all through traffic in the area. I think it’s good and obv the council are adapting things to each area.

I always think that a bit more explanation of the reasoning behind a design would mean a lot less 'they don't know what they're doing' complaints
I agree but they explain their thinking on Lancaster avenue HERE but then that is wilfully misinterpreted (as well as the council reasons for such schemes) by a prominent/one of the few remaining antis on Nextdoor.

A8978B03-80D1-4934-BBB1-D2BF651ED803.jpeg

You really think he’d give it a rest after being wrong for nearly 3 years now.

Back
Top Bottom