Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton Liveable Neighbourhood and LTN schemes - improvements for pedestrians and cyclists

Have any of the oneAstroturf groups been successful with their legal campaigns ?
Not that I know of. Several law firms seem to have done rather well though…

Worth remembering that the OneLambeth one was only ever about the implementation rather than whether than the actual legality of LTNs.

Hopefully “Reconnecting Oxford” follow the antis in Dulwich and realise its a lost cause rather than wasting £60k like OneLambeth. Maybe they could raise money to support actual worthwhile causes instead!

Not that I know of. Several law firms seem to have done rather well though…

Worth remembering that the OneLambeth one was only ever about the implementation rather than whether than the actual legality of LTNs.

Hopefully “Reconnecting Oxford” follow the antis in Dulwich and realise its a lost cause rather than wasting £60k like OneLambeth. Maybe they could raise money to support actual worthwhile causes instead!

Yes I’m sure we’d have heard all about it from them if they had been.

Alex

True it's all gone very quiet. Maybe they realised that after loosing the court cases and appeals it was time to call it a day and work with Lambeth instead. I see their Twitter account seems to have been taken over by their opposition

Last edited:

All of the anti-LTN legal cases were judicial reviews - they've ALL been about implementation. JR is effectively a claim that some part of the council decision making process hasn't been followed properly. A council/government can completely legally make decisions people don't agree with, or even 'bad decisions' that don't deliver the things that they're meant to (look at all the shit the tories have done in the last 12 years) but that doesn't make them "illegal". Which is why it's all the more amazing that people keep throwing money at these cases - even if they 'win' it's going to be a pyrrhic victory - "we've shown the council acted 'illegally' because they forgot to fill in form 131/45c". Whoopee - the council fills in form 131/45c and carries on. there was next to zero chance of any of these cases ever resulting in more than a very short term suspension of a scheme while traffic orders were reissued. (which is effectively what seems to have happened in Streatham where Lambeth ran out the 18 month experimental order time limits. New traffic orders have been published and the scheme will be back in place before long.

and I'm sure there are others.

Looks like OneLambeth is going to the Local Government Ombudsman because the council haven’t listened to them.

Wonder if they’ll need to raise some more funds for that..

A22C1137-17F7-4886-8BE0-9B91D540F232.jpeg

That sounds like they've accepted the legal case is dead?

They're not going to get anywhere with this one anyway - somelambeth's comments were all listed and responded to in the consultation reports.

It seems the onesie vandals are back in Ferndale - every time I've come through recently at least one of the filters has had the signs removed and camera cables cut or tipped. Concanon Road first, and now Ferndale too.

It seems the onesie vandals are back in Ferndale - every time I've come through recently at least one of the filters has had the signs removed and camera cables cut or tipped. Concanon Road first, and now Ferndale too.

This is going to end up with the filters being permanently closed - the vandalism is so pointless and ultimately makes the thing they object to more permanent you have to wonder if these people are alright.

This is going to end up with the filters being permanently closed - the vandalism is so pointless and ultimately makes the thing they object to more permanent you have to wonder if these people are alright.
Have they put CCTV cameras up round these? They’ve got them on all the Tulse Hill ones and the vandalism stopped straightaway.

That bollard is made of strong stuff! And what was the driver of that massive truck even doing thinking of going down Dumbarton road? Sat nav over common sense I guess?
I don’t know, but I hope they remove everything goes back to normal, those LTN barriers are awful, and ferndale is a dangerous place, the cyclists have gone mad, i go ferndale once a week to cut my hair, cyclists hit my work colleague in June, and by august I was visiting my barbers and cyclists nearly hit my 13 year old daughter. The cyclists have lack of regard for pedestrians, also all the low traffic neighborhoods do is move the traffic to other areas. Like acre lane and Brixton high street. I’ve never actually met anyone personally that actually likes the LTNs. and I don’t believe all the comments on this page are genuine.

I don’t know, but I hope they remove everything goes back to normal, those LTN barriers are awful, and ferndale is a dangerous place, the cyclists have gone mad, i go ferndale once a week to cut my hair, cyclists hit my work colleague in June, and by august I was visiting my barbers and cyclists nearly hit my 13 year old daughter. The cyclists have lack of regard for pedestrians, also all the low traffic neighborhoods do is move the traffic to other areas. Like acre lane and Brixton high street. I’ve never actually met anyone personally that actually likes the LTNs. and I don’t believe all the comments on this page are genuine.
Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry your daughter was nearly hit by a cyclist. This week a cyclist was hit by a car at the end of my street and is still in a coma. The fact of the matter is that a few tonnes of metal going at speed will do much more damage to the human body than a bicycle.
Can I ask why you think some of the comments here are not genuine?

That’s quite fitting given my first thoughts on your post were “troll!” And an unoriginal one at best.

Onesies in Oxford are trying to raise £30k for unspecified legal costs. When will these groups learn and why do none of them have any idea about graphic design?

D0359C4A-1FBD-401E-A734-99DBEB0FC192.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom